R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-02-2009, 05:18 AM   #1261
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast XXXS View Post
HI 808- My car is pretty much stock, all that i have changed is the rear shock position is center and the front is 2nd hole from fully upright. How much stiffer are the tamiya blue springs than the stock white springs.

yeahyeah- I will have a chat next time i see you and see what we can do if i havent solved the problem yet.

Cheers
The MS comes with yellow KGB springs, so the blue Tamiya will be the next step up in stiffness.

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 AM   #1262
mok
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok

Quote:
How much stiffer are the tamiya blue springs than the stock white springs.
Universal Spring Chart...
http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=33

The TA05MS comes with YELLOW springs, but they part of the milky white set so they are coloured white...
take a look at each end of the springs, one end should have a coloured dot (it will be yellow)
Old 02-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #1263
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Oh so they do Thanks. Next time im at the track ill put some blue springs in the rear and see how it goes.

Cheers

Also does anyone know if the 416 front uprights will fit on the MS? replacing parts C1?

Last edited by Fast XXXS; 02-02-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Fast XXXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #1264
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
I have a TA05R and a TA05MS. I run on asphalt and it is clear to me that from a performance standpoint, the MS is far superior. The MS handles more precisely, has more rear grip, and has a more efficient drive train. In 23 turn classes, I don't think the body will make too much of a difference, but it could be the difference between a win and a loss if other guys are running performance bodies.
Performance bodies? Which body are you referring to? The races which I am joining mostly will be the TAC.... In the last season, the racers are using mostly NSX....

For open races, I'll be using the Protoform R9-R....
mathsinstrument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #1265
Tech Regular

Quote:
Also does anyone know if the 416 front uprights will fit on the MS? replacing parts C1?
You're going to need the C hubs, bearings, and other parts to use the 416 uprights. mok did the conversion with the TA05 short lw suspension upgrade from Tamiya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathsinstrument View Post
Performance bodies? Which body are you referring to? The races which I am joining mostly will be the TAC.... In the last season, the racers are using mostly NSX....

For open races, I'll be using the Protoform R9-R....
I was referring to Protoform bodies and the like when I said "performance bodies." Of the Tamiya bodies I've tried, the Super GT NSX bodies handled the best. I would assume that is why a lot of guys run it in TAC.

I wonder if the new Super GT bodies built for the IFS suspension handles better than the old Super GT bodies that came with the original TA05?
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #1266
mok
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
You're going to need the C hubs, bearings, and other parts to use the 416 uprights. mok did the conversion with the TA05 short lw suspension upgrade from Tamiya.
the short lw suspension set was a good purchase as it came with everything except for swing shafts to do the conversion..

take my advice though, if you go down this road..
make sure you use 46mm swing shafts in the front and dont use the blue alu ones, get the steel 46mm shafts...
also the rear can take 44mm, but your choice if you do this..
46mm goes further into the drive cups and on the front that length is very crucial otherwise with 44m on the front you'll chew out the cups wickedly (killed my spool and a diff with those, 46mm are sweet no dramas)

also, the normal uprights fit in the short arms with no issues... so you could scrimp on the $$ and just get 2 packs of the short lower arms and use the existing uprights and c-hubs... for this reason, i am guessing the new c-hubs and uprights also work in the normal lw reversible suspension that the TA05MS comes with..
Old 02-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #1267
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

do you have the setup for ta-05ms carpet racetrack?
cico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #1268
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Just wondering how easy should the front wheels turn by hand with a oneway, (so they spin free) My oneway in my MS doesnt seem to allow the wheels to spin freely nearly half as much as the oneway in my R. Is there anyway to clean or lube the bearings or oneway? With the axles removed their is quiet alot of friction when trying to turn the outdrives by themselves.
Fast XXXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #1269
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Just wondering how easy should the front wheels turn by hand with a oneway, (so they spin free) My oneway in my MS doesnt seem to allow the wheels to spin freely nearly half as much as the oneway in my R. Is there anyway to clean or lube the bearings or oneway? With the axles removed their is quiet alot of friction when trying to turn the outdrives by themselves.
In my case, the one-way itself ran quite free - there was no obvious binding or force required.

However, the instructions supplied recommended the installation of shims that caused the whole arrangement to bind when the front end was fully assembled. There appeared to be no room for the suspension to travel freely as well. I removed the shims and it all worked fine after that.
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #1270
Tech Regular

If I use a front one way, I clean it out with motor spray and then lube it with the Tamiya ball diff grease.
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #1271
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cico View Post
do you have the setup for ta-05ms carpet racetrack?
What size motor, foam or rubber?
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #1272
Tech Adept

i am going to race in ets / warsav in pro stock we will use 9.5 t and much more rubber tires.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #1273
Tech Adept

help
Old 02-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #1274
Tech Master

Ok, Here is a Set-up but as everyone here says there is no 'MAGIC' set-up. you need to really say what type of circuit.

here is mine for a tight indoor circuit running 19t on carpet with foams

Front

Springs: Blue
Oil: 70wt
Shock tower position: hole 2
height: 4mm
Running Front Diff
Tyres - gecko 35 shore

Rear

Springs: yellow
Oil: 60wt
Shock tower position: hole 5 (all the way in)
height: 5mm
Tyres - gecko 35 shore

Other:
Pinion 32t

Works for me, the car is very fast and sticks to the track. But really copying set-ups are no key to winning, you are best to start from what the guys at your track use, and then just change the car to what you want. everyone has their own style so they need to change it accordingly.

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G

Last edited by Qatmix; 02-08-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:06 AM   #1275
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Ok, Here is a Set-up but as everyone here says there is no 'MAGIC' set-up. you need to really say what type of circuit.

here is mine for a tight indoor circuit running 19t on carpet with foams

Front

Springs: Blue
Oil: 70wt
Shock tower position: hole 2
height: 4mm
Running Front Diff
Tyres - gecko 35 shore

Rear

Springs: yellow
Oil: 60wt
Shock tower position: hole 5 (all the way in)
height: 6mm
Tyres - gecko 35 shore

Other:
Pinion 32t

Works for me, the car is very fast and sticks to the track. But really copying set-ups are no key to winning, you are best to start from what the guys at your track use, and then just change the car to what you want. everyone has their own style so they need to change it accordingly.
Height
F4.5mm R 5mm
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote