Like Tree1Likes

Tamiya TA05MS

Old 10-05-2007, 07:55 AM
  #706  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
done.. I noticed it chatters much when turned left and right?

Yes, you have to reduce your steering a little, or change to 46mm axles.... This is because the Tamiya universals are not real cvds.... So they shake a little while on full turn...
rampal is offline  
Old 10-05-2007, 08:34 AM
  #707  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rampal View Post
Yes, you have to reduce your steering a little, or change to 46mm axles.... This is because the Tamiya universals are not real cvds.... So they shake a little while on full turn...
mine has a label 48mm(its a black shaft going to outdrives?.. i will change it to 46mm?
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 AM
  #708  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
mine has a label 48mm(its a black shaft going to outdrives?.. i will change it to 46mm?
if you change to 46mm you will reduce the chatter a little, but not completely get rid of it... so it depends on you, if you reduce your steering up to the point it stop chattering (with the 48mm) and your turn ratio ends up being much less that you're used to, you probably can try with 46mm (the ones I have at the moment) or even 42mm (I haven't tried this last one)...

the car has lots of steering as it is, so I never drive it with more than 70-75%, so the chattering for me is not a problem.... give it a try with 48mm before making any change...
rampal is offline  
Old 10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
  #709  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rampal View Post
if you change to 46mm you will reduce the chatter a little, but not completely get rid of it... so it depends on you, if you reduce your steering up to the point it stop chattering (with the 48mm) and your turn ratio ends up being much less that you're used to, you probably can try with 46mm (the ones I have at the moment) or even 42mm (I haven't tried this last one)...

the car has lots of steering as it is, so I never drive it with more than 70-75%, so the chattering for me is not a problem.... give it a try with 48mm before making any change...
ok thanks.. i will post my report tommorow after the race..
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 10-05-2007, 04:11 PM
  #710  
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

I noticed that the axles push on the output shaft when the suspension moves, so I am pretty certain that different length axles have some effect on the amount of leverage that is exerted on the output shaft.
HI_808 is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 04:38 AM
  #711  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

hello guys.. here's my report..
Yesterday i installed spool in my 05ms.. and ran it today..
It's so good. It's my first time to use spool..
I can dive into corners, brake and much stable down the straight.
one thing that annoys me is the chattering.
i noticed that when i dive into sharp corners my exit will chatter and this causes the car to slow down a bit and then it will gain speed again.
but overall i can say that it works really good. BTW i won the race today.
05ms is a nice car.
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 04:48 AM
  #712  
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

Congratulations on winning!

Yes, the TA05MS is great.
HI_808 is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 04:48 AM
  #713  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
hello guys.. here's my report..
Yesterday i installed spool in my 05ms.. and ran it today..
It's so good. It's my first time to use spool..
I can dive into corners, brake and much stable down the straight.
one thing that annoys me is the chattering.
i noticed that when i dive into sharp corners my exit will chatter and this causes the car to slow down a bit and then it will gain speed again.
but overall i can say that it works really good. BTW i won the race today.
05ms is a nice car.
the spool is like night and day... isn't it??

for the chattering issue, there are two options or two things you can made
1) put the delrin outdrives, they really reduce the noise and the chattering effect on the handling

2) with the delrin outdrives, that are longer (and lighter) than the metal ones, you can put the 46mm axles and reduce even more the chattering effect.

congratulations on the winning!!
rampal is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 04:58 AM
  #714  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rampal View Post
the spool is like night and day... isn't it??

for the chattering issue, there are two options or two things you can made
1) put the delrin outdrives, they really reduce the noise and the chattering effect on the handling

2) with the delrin outdrives, that are longer (and lighter) than the metal ones, you can put the 46mm axles and reduce even more the chattering effect.

congratulations on the winning!!
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
Congratulations on winning!

Yes, the TA05MS is great.
thanks. yep its a night and day.. I really like this car. hehe
i will try the delrin outdrives first. i have to save money first ..
I hate being a student, I need to find a job after graduation..
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 05:18 AM
  #715  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
thanks. yep its a night and day.. I really like this car. hehe
i will try the delrin outdrives first. i have to save money first ..
I hate being a student, I need to find a job after graduation..

being an student is the best time of the life!!! c'mon, enjoy your time while you're young!!!!

money comes later, responsibilities as well... ah, those college years....
rampal is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 05:38 AM
  #716  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rampal View Post
being an student is the best time of the life!!! c'mon, enjoy your time while you're young!!!!

money comes later, responsibilities as well... ah, those college years....
yeah.. don't worry i will..
thanks.
nikkiesteban is offline  
Old 10-06-2007, 11:30 AM
  #717  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
Default Bought one

I have just bought a TA05-MS...

Been out of racing for a while...

Going together nicely...any tips.

What shock oil ??? What is the kit oil ??

What is the standard gearing like with a 19T motor.

Can I use my side by side cells and the battery strap .????or do I have to tape the cells in ????


Is it worth reading this whole thread ???
PaulBurton is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 11:02 AM
  #718  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
According to ittjv and rampal, you need:

TAM9804268 - 415 MRE Replacement outdrives
TAM9804267 - 415 MRE Aluminum Spool Drive Cup

I am probably going to start using the delrin outdrives as well.
Gents,

I forgot to tell ya, that it is advisable to get as well: 51278 TRF501X K Parts - Bearing Holder, as you need to make an small mod, which is open a little bit the outer hole of the bearing holder, to allow the drive cup to move freely.... I have done it with my body reamer (took me 5 minutes for both) and it is a perfect fit.
rampal is offline  
Old 10-07-2007, 11:05 AM
  #719  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PaulBurton View Post
I have just bought a TA05-MS...

Been out of racing for a while...

Going together nicely...any tips.

What shock oil ??? What is the kit oil ??

What is the standard gearing like with a 19T motor.

Can I use my side by side cells and the battery strap .????or do I have to tape the cells in ????


Is it worth reading this whole thread ???
Hi Paul:

welcome to the club.
for shock oil it pretty much depends on where you will be racing, if it is smooth carpet or asphalt. I think the kit oil is around 30, 35 wt... it is a good start.

regarding side to side cells, yes, you can use the kit battery strap, however I wouldn't trust it too much.... I strongly advise tape and moreover, you can save some grams with this too....

No idea about 19T... I run brushless mod....

good luck and if you plan to run an spool, the post above is a good tip!!
rampal is offline  
Old 10-08-2007, 01:56 AM
  #720  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Please see attached my setup for this week-ends 2 days carpet race.
the car ran well and was extremely stabile.
The track started out with low grip and ended medium grip. We ran 5 +3 race on the same LRP VTEC 27 tires.
to increase grip on carpet i loosend rear diff, damper position down 1 and added 2x0,5mm under front suspension mount. this also ading more high speed steering.
Also i changed oil from 600/500 to 500/400
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Schumacher.pdf (382.5 KB, 156 views)
habis is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.