Like Tree1Likes

Tamiya TA05MS

Old 10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
  #661  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (118)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,231
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
thats 4.94.. that seems a little too much for a 10.5. you might be able to get away with that on a 13.5 on a larger track. not sure about a 10.5 though?

I was running that on the medium/small track with the 13.5 and it was doing pretty good.. motor got pretty warm, but never OMG hot.

Possibly a more torquey setup for the 10.5 like 96/38 - 5.68FDR?

I don't think the 105t for a brushless motor is necessary, brushless motors are already pretty high in torque.
Chris Furman is offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 03:41 PM
  #662  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StadiumChris View Post
I was running that on the medium/small track with the 13.5 and it was doing pretty good.. motor got pretty warm, but never OMG hot.

Possibly a more torquey setup for the 10.5 like 96/38 - 5.68FDR?

I don't think the 105t for a brushless motor is necessary, brushless motors are already pretty high in torque.
oh i get it now. i thought you ran 4.94 on your 10.5 at the same track.

im usually around 4.4-4.8 for my 13.5 and 5.1-5.4 with my 10.5. it all depends on the track size.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 06:54 PM
  #663  
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

Originally Posted by StadiumChris View Post
I was running that on the medium/small track with the 13.5 and it was doing pretty good.. motor got pretty warm, but never OMG hot.

Possibly a more torquey setup for the 10.5 like 96/38 - 5.68FDR?

I don't think the 105t for a brushless motor is necessary, brushless motors are already pretty high in torque.
True, brushless motors have loads of torque, so a smaller spur helps to run the lower FDRs. But you can find a little extra rear wheel grip with a larger spur since it helps to bias a tad more weight rearward.
HI_808 is offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
  #664  
Tech Adept
 
Double Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 120
Default

Anyone have the part# for the Air Scoop that mounts to the bottom deck?

I just ordered the top and bottom decks along with the belts. I'm going to convert my 934 50th kit into an MS! They are identical cars except the MS has a longer wheel base.

Has anyone tried running the short arms on the MS? How was the performance and do the 46mm shafts work?

Thanks for any info!
Double Quattro is offline  
Old 10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
  #665  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (26)
 
rays_tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Double Quattro View Post
Anyone have the part# for the Air Scoop that mounts to the bottom deck?

I just ordered the top and bottom decks along with the belts. I'm going to convert my 934 50th kit into an MS! They are identical cars except the MS has a longer wheel base.

Has anyone tried running the short arms on the MS? How was the performance and do the 46mm shafts work?

Thanks for any info!
I got my air scoop from rcmarket click
rays_tt is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 AM
  #666  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (118)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,231
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rays_tt View Post
I got my air scoop from rcmarket click
what the heck is an air scoop and what does it do?
Chris Furman is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 03:28 AM
  #667  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The TA05MS, MSX MRE, and MSXX has a triangle hole in the chassis where on top you mount the Air Scoop/Duct. This will channel air from under the car to the motor for cooling...........


habis is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 05:25 AM
  #668  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by StadiumChris View Post
what the heck is an air scoop and what does it do?
increase the bling factor!!!
rampal is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 07:21 AM
  #669  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
bmmer701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

does it really have an effect? like what's the temp of the motor if you use one of those. thanks
bmmer701 is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 AM
  #670  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bmmer701 View Post
does it really have an effect? like what's the temp of the motor if you use one of those. thanks
I haven´t seen any clear indication that it works... at least on brushless... and I'm running a 3.5r so you can imagine the speed of it... nevertheless, it helps me to quickly change the esc on the car, just taking one screw!!!
rampal is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 10:01 AM
  #671  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Bling, weight, and really changes nothing. I have run my car with and without it and can see no difference in temps on the motor. But do I run it.....of course.
AWK is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 AM
  #672  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarKing View Post
Bling, weight, and really changes nothing. I have run my car with and without it and can see no difference in temps on the motor. But do I run it.....of course.
you need to run yours at BCR alongside me, jose and oliver!
Hebiki is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
  #673  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I am going to pick up a LRP and Novak 13.5 in the next few weeks along with some RP30s and a Mazdaspeed6 and then i will make the trip out there. My 19t is dying for a rebuild, and I would rather be all in than nothing!!!!

I am definately looking forward to it though as Dave keeps bugging me about it at work too!!!!
AWK is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:42 AM
  #674  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarKing View Post
I am going to pick up a LRP and Novak 13.5 in the next few weeks along with some RP30s and a Mazdaspeed6 and then i will make the trip out there. My 19t is dying for a rebuild, and I would rather be all in than nothing!!!!

I am definately looking forward to it though as Dave keeps bugging me about it at work too!!!!
dave coming out to BCR again this sat?
Hebiki is offline  
Old 10-03-2007, 11:56 AM
  #675  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Don't know off hand, but I will ask him. It wouldn't surprise me unless he has gotten sick of beating up on people with his TA05
AWK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.