Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TA05MS

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nikkiesteban,

How can I eliminate the car from going left?
i also noticed that the adjuster has some slops. do you think it has something to do with the adjusters?
Check your rear suspension assembly if they are perpendicular to the chassis.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old-man
Nikkiesteban,

Check your rear suspension assembly if they are perpendicular to the chassis.
I noticed that when i put my car at rest(all wheels are on the ground/surface). the downstop screw is far from the chassis. so it means that its not working? do you think its the issue of the car going right?

Last edited by nikkiesteban; 09-09-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey guys just built my ta05ms, will post pics soon

I was just wondering how important is it to cement the cf? cause I couldn't wait to build it and just built it thinking I'll get some cement later on and take it apart and build it again.

But a few people tell me its not all that important, what are you views?

Also I'm running a Mamba 5700 in mine, and wondering wheres the best place to get myself a spool? cause no way I can run one-way.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rays_tt
Hey guys just built my ta05ms, will post pics soon

I was just wondering how important is it to cement the cf? cause I couldn't wait to build it and just built it thinking I'll get some cement later on and take it apart and build it again.

But a few people tell me its not all that important, what are you views?

Also I'm running a Mamba 5700 in mine, and wondering wheres the best place to get myself a spool? cause no way I can run one-way.

Thanks.
helps to prevent the chassis from splitting... the chassis may be be splitted into two if the crash is too hard..
Old 09-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

The downstop/droop screw shouldn't be touching the chassis when the car is at rest. The space between the screw and the chassis gives the damper an upstroke and a limit to that stroke.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
How can I eliminate the car from going left?
i also noticed that the adjuster has some slops. do you think it has something to do with the adjusters?

and i think my hinge pins are bent.. i don't know maybe some crashing bent my pins.. do you think its the cause?
it seems you have what is known as tweak... first of all, take the wheels off, unscrew the topdeck and sit the chassis on a really flat surface. start to tighten up the screws on an x pattern (front left, rear right, front right, rear left) thoughout all screws. I usually do it from the outside to inside. the MS with 16 screws is really a pain to set.

put the wheels on, set up ride height and droop (those set screws on the arms) to have exactly the same measure on the 4 corners.

and give it a go! Nevertheless, if you have bent hinge pins, not only they're changing overall alignment, they are also forcing your chassis on a position that can increase the tweak effect. change those, and try the above...

cheers,
al

Last edited by rampal; 09-10-2007 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rampal
it seems you have what is known as tweak... first of all, take the wheels off, unscrew the topdeck and sit the chassis on a really flat surface. start to tighten up the screws on an x pattern (front left, rear right, front right, rear left) thoughout all screws. I usually do it from the outside to inside. the MS with 16 screws is really a pain to set.

put the wheels on, set up ride height and droop (those set screws on the arms) to have exactly the same measue on the 4 corners.

and give it a go! Nevertheless, if you have bent hinge pins, not only they're changing overall alignment, they are also forcing your chassis on a position that can increase the tweak effect. change those, and try the above...

cheers,
al
thank you al i will try. about the droop i'm still very confused.. i really don't know how much it affects the car.
can someone briefly explain the droop? and why drooping is need? and how to measure and do the drooping.? thanks in advance... i really want to know so that i will become a better driver someday(when)...
Old 09-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

thank you al i will try. about the droop i'm still very confused.. i really don't know how much it affects the car.
can someone briefly explain the droop? and why drooping is need? and how to measure and do the drooping.? thanks in advance... i really want to know so that i will become a better driver someday(when)...
nikki

Read this DROOP section and give it a try

http://richardchang.com/hobby.php?topic=tcsetup

Hope it help you make your dicision
Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

If you push your chassis down and then let it come to rest, you can measure the space between the ground and your chassis to get your ride height. Now, lift your car up and suspension should be able to move a few millimeters before the droop screw limits that distance. One way of measuring droop is to measure the amount your car can lift up before the tires come off the ground from the ride height.

Think of droop as suspension upstroke. As one end of your car gets the weight transferred to it and the suspension compresses, the opposite side(s) transfers weight to that end. The extent to which the opposite side shifts weight to the compressed end is partially determined by droop. So, more droop means more upstroke and more weight transfer to the compressed end.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HI_808
If you push your chassis down and then let it come to rest, you can measure the space between the ground and your chassis to get your ride height. Now, lift your car up and suspension should be able to move a few millimeters before the droop screw limits that distance. One way of measuring droop is to measure the amount your car can lift up before the tires come off the ground from the ride height.

Think of droop as suspension upstroke. As one end of your car gets the weight transferred to it and the suspension compresses, the opposite side(s) transfers weight to that end. The extent to which the opposite side shifts weight to the compressed end is partially determined by droop. So, more droop means more upstroke and more weight transfer to the compressed end.
thanks for explaining it to me. What will be a good starting point for droop? someone here said that if i will adjust the rear droop it will take effect on the front? is that correct? why is that?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Around 3 mm all around is a good place to start. If you increase the droop on the rear, you will transfer more weight to the front. But that will also decrease your rear traction under deceleration. Every adjustment you make has one more than effect, so you just have to try and mess around to see how tuning affects the car as a whole.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Droop revisited!

thanks for explaining it to me. What will be a good starting point for droop? someone here said that if i will adjust the rear droop it will take effect on the front? is that correct? why is that?
Try to visualize that on acceleration the front of the car lifts up and on deceleration the rear of the car lifts up, so in affect controlling the amount of lift is changing the amount of weight transfer.

So, if your car is loose on acceleration then increase the amount of lift in the front.(transfer weight to rear tires)

If the car is loose on deceleration than decrease the amount of lift in the rear.(transfer weight to the front)

So, droop is controlling the amount of lift or upstroke which is if you again visualize this, is causing the weight of the car to transfer back and forth from front to rear.

Now you can look at your car and raise the back or the front of your car sitting on a table using your hands to immitate what the car is doing on the track and where you need to transfer weight to the front or to the rear again by changing the amount of lift (DROOP).

Or on a race track it is more of needing more traction coming in or out of a corner is more of what racers see what is happening and that is how they know if they need to adjust droop in the front or in the rear!

Hope I helped more than I confused!
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 09-11-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxepower
Try to visualize that on acceleration the front of the car lifts up and on deceleration the rear of the car lifts up, so in affect controlling the amount of lift is changing the amount of weight transfer.

So, if your car is loose on acceleration then increase the amount of lift in the front.

If the car is loose on deceleration than decrease the amount of lift in the rear.

So, droop is controlling the amount of lift or upstroke which is if you again visualize this, is causing the weight of the car to transfer back and forth from front to rear.

Now you can look at your car and raise the back or the front of your car sitting on a table using your hands to immitate what the car is doing on the track and where you need to transfer weight to the front or to the rear again by changing the amount of lift (DROOP).

Or on a race track it is more of needing more traction coming in or out of a corner is more of what racers see what is happening and that is how they know if they need to adjust droop in the front or in the rear!

Just my 2$
thanks you.. i guess my downstop screws are not in set. I will try to set it.. and see how the car handles.. thanks to all.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

is there a full set of titanium turnbuckles and full set of screws for 05ms? the steel aren't good.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower

So, if your car is loose on acceleration then increase the amount of lift in the front.(transfer weight to rear tires)

If the car is loose on deceleration than decrease the amount of lift in the rear.(transfer weight to the front)

Just my 2$

That is probably the simplest explanation of droop I've ever heard...it's all clear now...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.