R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2007, 04:24 AM   #571
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Anyone know if #53919 TA05 aludiff joint set fit 05MS? Just ask if i`ll make spare diff
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #572
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisaaja View Post
Anyone know if #53919 TA05 aludiff joint set fit 05MS? Just ask if i`ll make spare diff
yes it will fit. the 05MS and 05, 05R use the same spool, pulleys and diff parts.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #573
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
Thank you Hebiki for posting your setup. I've been overlooking the fact that the diff heights can be adjusted. It might be just the thing I need to get my TA05MS spool setup right.

Also, thank you rampal for your report. It was very interesting! Keep us updated! I had a similar experience with running a hot motor with the ESC mounted in front of the motor.

I originally set up my TA05MS with a silver can and an old Tekin G12cIII because the local races are held on a tiny course and only silver cans run with stick packs are allowed. I put the ESC in front of the motor and the car ran well with that amount of power. In that configuration, I put the car on four scales and found the weight to be almost evenly distributed amongst the four wheels.

But when I found out that I can't make the local races because of time conflicts, I hastily threw a 10 turn Orion V2 motor in the car to have some friendly racing on our own larger course and to better learn the characteristics of the car. With all that added power combined with the unprepared surface, the lack of rear traction was apparent when powering out of corners.

Anyway, fast forward to now, and I am running my Novak GTB in my TA05MS mounted in the rear of the motor. I don't remember exactly how much weight difference there is between the front and the rear now, but it is significant in comparison to mounting the ESC in front of the motor. I've used the 13.5SS, 10.5SS, and a 5.5R and found the rear wheel traction to be much better. In fact, I don't have a problem at all with the lack of rear wheel traction.

Next time I'll get four ends of the car on scales in the pic .
great post! keep us updated. im hopefully headed out to race on sunday. im gonna make a few more changes to the set up i posted. and will post here
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #574
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisaaja View Post
Anyone know if #53919 TA05 aludiff joint set fit 05MS? Just ask if i`ll make spare diff
blue color
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TA05MS-ta-49425.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #575
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
yes it will fit. the 05MS and 05, 05R use the same spool, pulleys and diff parts.
Thanks
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:55 AM   #576
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
blue color
I didn`t know at it can get blue also
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #577
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
What will be the effect if i will move the steering linkage of the front upright into the lower hole? right now it's in the upper position(stock setting).

HI_808, what do you think is best or much better in placing the electronics? the ESC on the back of the motor or ESC infront of the motor?
nikkie, if you are racing in a silver can race, then ESC in front of the motor might be advantageous to you since the silver can can't produce enough power to kick the rear around. Otherwise, at least on asphalt, you might need the extra rear traction so mounting the ESC in the rear might be better.

Good luck to all you guys who are going to race your TA05MS this weekend!
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:11 AM   #578
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
nikkie, if you are racing in a silver can race, then ESC in front of the motor might be advantageous to you since the silver can can't produce enough power to kick the rear around. Otherwise, at least on asphalt, you might need the extra rear traction so mounting the ESC in the rear might be better.

Good luck to all you guys who are going to race your TA05MS this weekend!
thanks.. another question what is the effect if i will increase or decrease my droop infront? rear?
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #579
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

Increasing droop on one end of the car increases weight transfer to the opposite end.
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:13 AM   #580
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
Increasing droop on one end of the car increases weight transfer to the opposite end.
What is the effect of weight transfer? What's the effect of high or low weight transfer?

guys: i lost the race today. i broke my front upright... too bad for me i don't have spare in my box.
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:31 AM   #581
Tech Master
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Front Upright

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
What is the effect of weight transfer? What's the effect of high or low weight transfer?

guys: i lost the race today. i broke my front upright... too bad for me i don't have spare in my box.
Weight transfer is very important, that is what they say... Also me... Hehehe... But I still don't know how to adjust the droop to its right setup...

That's weird... I broke my left front upright too... Due to glitch, it turned left then POW! Hahaha... Bought at lils for 200 pesos only... Comes in pair, left and right...
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:18 AM   #582
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Weight transfer is very important, that is what they say... Also me... Hehehe... But I still don't know how to adjust the droop to its right setup...

That's weird... I broke my left front upright too... Due to glitch, it turned left then POW! Hahaha... Bought at lils for 200 pesos only... Comes in pair, left and right...
me too, i don't know the drooping method yet, anti dive, kick up, caster hahaha?? hehehe

it's good 200 pesos only, maybe i will try to order next week.

just want to ask why is that when i fully throttled my radio my car is going right..? why is that? i already put it in a setup station to see the cambers. my camber settings are -2 all around. do you think guys it has something to do with weight balancing. because im using 1600mah tamiya stick pack. i think its maybe too light for the other side of the chassis that's why its going right under hard acceleration. and also i think my droop is very bad.
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:49 AM   #583
Tech Master
 
RMF-888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: novo ecijano
Posts: 1,933
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RMF-888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
me too, i don't know the drooping method yet, anti dive, kick up, caster hahaha?? hehehe

it's good 200 pesos only, maybe i will try to order next week.

just want to ask why is that when i fully throttled my radio my car is going right..? why is that? i already put it in a setup station to see the cambers. my camber settings are -2 all around. do you think guys it has something to do with weight balancing. because im using 1600mah tamiya stick pack. i think its maybe too light for the other side of the chassis that's why its going right under hard acceleration. and also i think my droop is very bad.
i know how to use the droop.i will show you

Last edited by RMF-888; 09-09-2007 at 07:12 AM.
RMF-888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:51 AM   #584
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

The uprights on the lightweight suspension are prone to breakage if you hit them hard. The two pieces that the replacement tree comes with are identical and can be used on the left or the right.

I'd imagine that a 1600mah would be very light, so yes, it would disturb the balance of the car. But it's the heavier end that the car would roll more towards, which would be the left side that doesn't have the battery.

Weight transfer is important because as you go through a corner, the car naturally rolls due to the forces of acceleration, deceleration, and turning. Proper weight transfer is vital to all kinds of racing, be it rc or in full sized cars.

For example, when braking, the car rolls forward and hence shifts weight in that direction. Too much roll forward will make the car spin out; too little and it will understeer. On acceleration, too much roll rearwards or too little can both make the car spin. Too much rearwards roll usually results in the car kicking out a little later than if there is too little roll under acceleration. When tuning, you need to use the options available to best balance the car according to its natural inclinations.

Here are a couple of sites that may help:

http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/

http://richardchang.com/hobby.php?topic=tcsetup
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #585
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
The uprights on the lightweight suspension are prone to breakage if you hit them hard. The two pieces that the replacement tree comes with are identical and can be used on the left or the right.

I'd imagine that a 1600mah would be very light, so yes, it would disturb the balance of the car. But it's the heavier end that the car would roll more towards, which would be the left side that doesn't have the battery.

Weight transfer is important because as you go through a corner, the car naturally rolls due to the forces of acceleration, deceleration, and turning. Proper weight transfer is vital to all kinds of racing, be it rc or in full sized cars.

For example, when braking, the car rolls forward and hence shifts weight in that direction. Too much roll forward will make the car spin out; too little and it will understeer. On acceleration, too much roll rearwards or too little can both make the car spin. Too much rearwards roll usually results in the car kicking out a little later than if there is too little roll under acceleration. When tuning, you need to use the options available to best balance the car according to its natural inclinations.

Here are a couple of sites that may help:

http://home.scarlet.be/~be067749/58/

http://richardchang.com/hobby.php?topic=tcsetup
How can I eliminate the car from going left?
i also noticed that the adjuster has some slops. do you think it has something to do with the adjusters?

and i think my hinge pins are bent.. i don't know maybe some crashing bent my pins.. do you think its the cause?
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Ta05ms subaru73 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 10-02-2008 07:25 PM
Tamiya TA05MS Italian racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 03-24-2008 09:53 PM
FS: Tamiya TA05MS Hebiki R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 02-01-2008 06:30 PM
FS: TAMIYA TA05MS ONE RUN! Chris Furman R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 10-20-2007 05:16 AM
TAMIYA TA05MS m3ndo5a R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-14-2007 11:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net