Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TA05MS

Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 PM
  #421  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
Guys, did you cut off some portion of the steering arm so that the belt wouldn't touch it or did you guys just leave it as is???

And why can't I lock the diff anymore that much, It tend to not turn anymore, it like turning on the same thread (do you get what I mean)..? What seems to be the problem??? Is it the long screw or the nut???

Thanks in advance...
It happen like this. I shave only right steering arm inside, because left doesn`t is even close at all. If you note the belt is wright side of the centerpoint... you`ll see it when turn it all to the right..

That diff screw was too long and i cut it shorter (5mm ), because i didn`t got the left rear driveshaft on it`s position. I cuess it is same screw like MRE, MXXX and now MS05 has narrower diff.
Cruisaaja is offline  
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 PM
  #422  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cruisaaja View Post
It happen like this. I shave only right steering arm inside, because left doesn`t is even close at all. If you note the belt is wright side of the centerpoint... you`ll see it when turn it all to the right..

That diff screw was too long and i cut it shorter (5mm ), because i didn`t got the left rear driveshaft on it`s position. I cuess it is same screw like MRE, MXXX and now MS05 has narrower diff.
yeah, I also noticed that but you really have to shave it off??? How did you do it???

About the screw, you mean I should cut it a little bit shorter??? But before I tried the 16 balls ball diff, I didn't have this problem... So I was just wondering if I lose threaded it or something... But when I tried without the diffs, there is this portion that it is hard to screw all the way then after that part, everything was fine again... So What else do you think the problem is???
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-17-2007, 12:49 AM
  #423  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
yeah, I also noticed that but you really have to shave it off??? How did you do it???

About the screw, you mean I should cut it a little bit shorter??? But before I tried the 16 balls ball diff, I didn't have this problem... So I was just wondering if I lose threaded it or something... But when I tried without the diffs, there is this portion that it is hard to screw all the way then after that part, everything was fine again... So What else do you think the problem is???
Im not sure about your thing, but let me explain.

I use file for that right steering arm. Do it that way...file and check...file more and check etc... and then it was enough air between that arm and belt. You have to check and see it in your own eyes.

I saw that screw was too long when i assembly diff on that own place and put left driveshaft`s in it and blade was so too close to that screw..
Cruisaaja is offline  
Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 AM
  #424  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

And remember to drop a little thread lock to that diff lock nut. It is secure that it`s not coming loose so quickly.

Oh well, there is so many little things to do everything accurate
Cruisaaja is offline  
Old 08-17-2007, 02:15 AM
  #425  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Oh okay... Thanks for the tip on how to shave off the steering arm so it wouldn't stick to the belt...

And about the screw/nut, I really don't know why I couldn't lock that tight anymore... But will try the thread lock technique... and will also try if ever it didn't work, buy a new tap screw and nut for it...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-17-2007, 10:48 AM
  #426  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, cruisaaja, I found the problem... It is the plastic that holds the lock nut... Its inside is somewhat a little bit rounded and it does not lock anymore... No wonder... Thanks for helping me out though sir cruisaaja...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 09:00 AM
  #427  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default

YAYYYY I FINALLY GOT MINEEE
i730 is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 11:27 AM
  #428  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by i730 View Post
YAYYYY I FINALLY GOT MINEEE
Nice looking mean machine you have there... Especially having it with the air duct system, very nice... Hope to hear from you soon about performance...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 AM
  #429  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default

its gonna be my drifter <3
due to no one racing locally or even an onroad track near me i drift them semi professionally at 1:1 scale drift events
theirs formula d coming up september 8th and ill be their with some other guys running the rc drifting booth
may 4-5th we were at d1gp at e-town nj (yokomo got us a booth)
i730 is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 12:33 PM
  #430  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by i730 View Post
its gonna be my drifter <3
due to no one racing locally or even an onroad track near me i drift them semi professionally at 1:1 scale drift events
theirs formula d coming up september 8th and ill be their with some other guys running the rc drifting booth
may 4-5th we were at d1gp at e-town nj (yokomo got us a booth)
Wow, you're just going to drift the machine??? You were suppose to be better off with a ta05 itself only for drifting... This is what I use currently for drifting, ta05 (without the MS)... And it has a wonderful balance for drifting...

But this is just my comment, you don't have to listen to what I am saying hear... That's nice that you also have your own 05MS but it would be nice if you'd race in onroad...
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 12:37 PM
  #431  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)
Default

ill put the grippies on and rip it up and down the street
i had a regular ta05 but saw this with the motor towards the rear more and thought id try it out
i730 is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 09:23 PM
  #432  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

LOL

Oh, is that so? Yeah, that is quite true.
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 10:46 PM
  #433  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4
Smile

Hi all, I have just joined the forum and my name is Murray.

I race carpet in 27T Stock here in Perth. I have the MS coming in the mail and was wondering if the TA05 diffs fit this model, or if anyone could tell me which ones do, as I need to replace the front one way with a normal ball diff for my level of racing. Any help is appreciated.

Murray
TA05MS (soon)
TA05R
TA05
TB02R (for sale)
Cyclone S
Muzzgail is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 PM
  #434  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,326
Default

The diffs are the same from the orginal ta05. the center pulleys are the same too.
redbones is offline  
Old 08-18-2007, 11:08 PM
  #435  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4
Default

Thanks Redbones, that will make life easier. I have a spare diff to chuck into it.
Muzzgail is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.