R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2007, 03:10 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by infokiz
I totally agree with Core Creations. Don't let that plastic tub fool you this car is more than capable of hanging with and beating the higher end touring cars that are currently on the market.
Cast your mind back to 1999, I think thats how things went with the Yokomo MR4 TC. Plastic chassis aimed at the mass market and it evolved very rapidly.
Simon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:36 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just as a thought, I am joint leader in my clubs winter carpet champs, running 19t, additive and rubber.

Centre one-way, MRE pulleys, Carbon towers, TRF shocks and CVD's front and rear.

Other upgrades for non-performance have been the steering, Chassis conversion (3Racing, and that was for more room), 3Racing bulkheads (for easier diff access).
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:03 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I say to tamiya, stop wasting your time upgrading the TA05 and Make a Ta05msxrmsirfevo1evo2evo3evo4evo5 car then i think everyone will be happy.
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 AM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie814340
I say to tamiya, stop wasting your time upgrading the TA05 and Make a Ta05msxrmsirfevo1evo2evo3evo4evo5 car then i think everyone will be happy.
...says the MLP driver

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 30th anniversary

the 30th anniversary porshe 934 was never ment as compedition car but as a collectors item. The wheelbase do not follow EFRA standards and cant be used for racing.
im looking to the ta05MS...but is just as excited on the ta05IFS with the new suspension to fit the new EBBRO BTEC Maziora 350R body
habis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #21
Tech Elite

OK then, since it turns out that the TA05-MS is not really a TA05 at all, perhaps we should bring this thread up and have a unique place to discuss it?

As a reminder, picture of the chassis from Shizuoka show...

...and the picture that shows the unique motor position, different to the tub TA05...

What else do we know? Release date July according to the Tamiya website. Part number is 42103 which is is the "TRF Special" series.

Waiting to see when/if it is raced by the TRF team...
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:46 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have to say, I would be suprised if the TRF team did use the 05MS... although it's not impossible.

My main reasoning is simply the layout. Versus the 415, the motor is more forward (which affects traction... rear mounted motor will effectively have more traction due to squatting effect), and the cells are further off the centreline due to the drivetrain. The belts are the other way round on the 415, Rear belt on the right, front on the left, and with the layshaft behind the rear most cell this effectively "wraps" the drivetrain around the cells unlike the 05 which forces the cells out to the right of the car.
These are the main reasons (IMO) that count against it, it's a balance thing, even if it's only percieved rather than real.

Of course in less than mega-star hands, it probably makes diddly squat difference, but I'll be keeping my MRE for now

(although the IFS is appealing )

Later
Ed
Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #23
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

I think all your points are valid...but for whatever reason the 05 in general seems to defy logic. It shouldn't work as well as it does, but it does. We locally put probably 50+ hours on the car (TA05) setup with 4300 brushless lipo setup and it was an absolute beast. Precise, ballanced and not a hint of lack of rear traction or slow reaction to side to side input. It gave most high end car with excellent drivers a rude awakening. I also handed my car over to several experienced racers with high end cars, and every single one of them said about the same thing..."Man, I wish my drove this well" or " Geez, and how much was this car!!"

I guess we will see at Reedy, the most likely debut if they are planning on using the car.

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TA05MS can race in Tamiya cup ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET
TA05MS can race in Tamiya cup ?
In GT1 only, I assume...

-Sean
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #26
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm not sure how I would feel about a Tamiya team driver using the 05MS. Of course, that would instantly.....in this INSANE message board world that we reside in......give the car credibility as a "high end" car.

But at the same time, people would still say...'well it isn't really a TA05 they're racing'.......or.......'see they had to make it a $400 kit before it was competition ready'. So really would a Tamiya factory driver running the car solve anything.

Personally, I still think that if it doesn't have the equal belts, then its just an all new car that they are using the TA05 name to sell.

But that in of itself says something about the TA05. They could have made this car another 415, or completely renamed it the 416. But they didn't. They gave it the TA05 label because they know that real, non-bias racers who have seen the TA05 in action were always impressed by it. So impressed that the TA05 name now sells cars.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Also pretty sweet!.......... http://www.redrc.net/2007/05/kawada-...-05/#more-3132

........... Car is building momentum!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:35 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Regardless it's named TA05MS or TRF416MSX, or even TA06.

It is definitely a new chassis altogether. Would be exciting to see how the TRF drivers like Marc Rheinard would fare using this chassis in big races.

It can go either way for Tamiya. If the TA05MS were to do well, I think the car will be flying off the display shelves. Else, it may just remain on it and collect dust. So, Tamiya may wanna do extreme thorough testings before actually debuting it on major races with their factory drivers.

I think Tamiya is kinda desperate right now. With Juho Levanen winning the LRP Masters piloting the TC-5, Andy Moore currently holding the world champion tag with the Cyclone and winning TITC 2007, not to mention Xray's T2 007 major presence in the LRP Masters. Tamiya cant wait to get right back up there with the big boys.
TA05ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
OK then, since it turns out that the TA05-MS is not really a TA05 at all, perhaps we should bring this thread up and have a unique place to discuss it?

As a reminder, picture of the chassis from Shizuoka show...

...and the picture that shows the unique motor position, different to the tub TA05...

What else do we know? Release date July according to the Tamiya website. Part number is 42103 which is is the "TRF Special" series.

Waiting to see when/if it is raced by the TRF team...
is this supposed to be new release? I thought it's the same chassis like the limited edition Porshe Turbo RSR Type934 Limited Edition #49400 ??
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Adding on, you would need the smaller low profile servo to fit all the electronics in front of the motor. Else, I doubt it will squeeze in.
TA05ers is offline   Reply With Quote