Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TA05MS

Old 07-29-2007, 10:56 PM
  #196  
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Default

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
oh, okay... thanks for the help... I went to this house kitchen store thingy, and found a digital weighing scale and it cost around 1.9k... but it is kind of a biggy... want the small one only but accurate...

Thanks again... will see in soler st but before that, where is it located???

it's in sta cruz, manila
buboy28 is offline  
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
  #197  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

rampal: you race your 05MS yet?

05MS owners.. did anyone else notice that the diff heights can be adjusted?
Hebiki is offline  
Old 07-30-2007, 12:08 PM
  #198  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
rampal: you race your 05MS yet?

05MS owners.. did anyone else notice that the diff heights can be adjusted?
yo' Chris:

question 1: haven't run it yet.... I really tried on Saturday, but with a 36șC temperature on the shadow and running outdoors, that was a no-way... don't want to die trying....

question 2: Yeah, if you noticed, the 05MS uses 501 diff holders, and if you use the triangle (stock position) the diffs are lower than if you use the circle... pretty nice, eh?

I'm at Slough (UK) now, enjoying a 20 something degrees (C) temperature, much better than Madrid... however, this place is not exactly pretty, if you know what I mean...

cheers,
rampal is offline  
Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 PM
  #199  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rampal View Post
yo' Chris:

question 1: haven't run it yet.... I really tried on Saturday, but with a 36șC temperature on the shadow and running outdoors, that was a no-way... don't want to die trying....

question 2: Yeah, if you noticed, the 05MS uses 501 diff holders, and if you use the triangle (stock position) the diffs are lower than if you use the circle... pretty nice, eh?

I'm at Slough (UK) now, enjoying a 20 something degrees (C) temperature, much better than Madrid... however, this place is not exactly pretty, if you know what I mean...

cheers,
sorry to hear the weather rampal. im in sunny southern california. where its always 80deg F.

i flipped the diffs and spool on my 05MS. so now its using the circle (not the triangle).

i'll run it with the same set up and tires and see how that feels. then start messing with experiments. (high rear, low front, vice versa).
Hebiki is offline  
Old 07-30-2007, 12:29 PM
  #200  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
sorry to hear the weather rampal. im in sunny southern california. where its always 80deg F.

i flipped the diffs and spool on my 05MS. so now its using the circle (not the triangle).

i'll run it with the same set up and tires and see how that feels. then start messing with experiments. (high rear, low front, vice versa).
Its sunny Madrid as well... normally people complain about the rain and the cold.... I complain about the heat!!! 36șC on the shadow is like 42șC on the sun (108 F).... imagine what would be asphalt temperature...

I will check if the 501 diffs holders can be used on the MSXX as well... will let you know...

cheers,
al
rampal is offline  
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
  #201  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rampal View Post
Its sunny Madrid as well... normally people complain about the rain and the cold.... I complain about the heat!!! 36șC on the shadow is like 42șC on the sun (108 F).... imagine what would be asphalt temperature...

I will check if the 501 diffs holders can be used on the MSXX as well... will let you know...

cheers,
al
good idea. too bad it wont work on the TA05

Last edited by Hebiki; 07-31-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 AM
  #202  
@sd
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
Default Lipo Battery

Hi!
Can the Team Orion Platinum 4800mah or Trakpower 4900mah lipo battery fit in the TA05MS without any modifications?
Thanks.
@sd is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 05:23 AM
  #203  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by @sd View Post
Hi!
Can the Team Orion Platinum 4800mah or Trakpower 4900mah lipo battery fit in the TA05MS without any modifications?
Thanks.

"fit" is a concept of mind.... "to fit or not to fit, that is the question...." i can say the 4800 "mostly fits" or fits more or less 95%.... hehe

the thing is like this: it fits mostly on the chassis, however it rubs with the 2 blue motor bulkhead, the "Ts" that bolt on the upperdeck... but, (and I mean this but ), it fits "within" the lower chassis, however not 100% aligned with the battery slots... (I need to post a picture later on). Don't know about you, and certainly others will say otherwise, but I would say I'm relatively happy with the "fit"...

'cause as everybody knows, "not everything/body that fits is necessarily correct"....
rampal is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 06:13 AM
  #204  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Got my TA-05MS this morning after stuck in customs for 10 days.
will take it on the carpet/rubber track saturday and test it.

any one interested in a race rapport?
habis is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 06:15 AM
  #205  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by habis View Post
Got my TA-05MS this morning after stuck in customs for 10 days.
will take it on the carpet/rubber track saturday and test it.

any one interested in a race rapport?
I do!!!
Xanavi_R34 is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 AM
  #206  
@sd
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 15
Default Lipo Battery

Thanks for your feedback rampal.
Anyone tried the Team Orion Carbon 3200mah lipo battery in the TA05MS?
Does it fit perfectly?
Cheers!
@sd is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 08:42 AM
  #207  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by @sd View Post
Thanks for your feedback rampal.
Anyone tried the Team Orion Carbon 3200mah lipo battery in the TA05MS?
Does it fit perfectly?
Cheers!
that one fits nice... wait 15 min and I take some pictures...
rampal is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 09:00 AM
  #208  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Here are the pics (crappy blackberry camera):

4800: touches the blue motor chassis braces.... fut I can say it "fits"





3200: perfect fit, can even be moved more to the inside...



rampal is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 11:52 PM
  #209  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

rampal

I got yesterday Champ titanium/aluminium screw set to my MS.

It was nice to see at it took 20g weight off
Cruisaaja is offline  
Old 08-02-2007, 01:49 AM
  #210  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cruisaaja View Post
rampal

I got yesterday Champ titanium/aluminium screw set to my MS.

It was nice to see at it took 20g weight off

20g off and it looks good!!!

BTW, are you using the battery holder stuff? I mean, not the side braces for stick packs, but the battery holder and front and rear braces... I wonder if it works OK with 5 cell.... I'm using tape....
rampal is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.