Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Violence at the track. What consequences? >

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default I usually agree with you, but on this one....

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Duct tape. One night duct taped next to the bathroom door and problem solved.
I usually agree with you, but on this one, you are absolutely..WRONG. Humiliating someone is a surefire way to have face meet the bottom of a boot. A few dudes grabbing someone to duct tape them is an act of violence, even if you do it laughing and mean to teach someone a lesson. In doing the "duct tape" thing, the individuals have assigned themselves judge and jury, the official track bouncers. If someone is that much of a pain, and you feel the need to intervene, best bet, approach that person and speak with caution. Speaking for someone, playing devils advocate might get you the boot or even worse, knocked the eff out. Best bet, you see it, either report it, ask the person to chill or mind your business.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Violence at the track should not be permitted, either verbal assault or physical battery. This is a family oriented sport, and this type of behavior only helps potential racers find another hobby.

I can remember a few years ago at a local track where there was a physical altercation over a broken car. The assailant was upset a newbie had broken his car in qualifying, so he walked up behind that person and sucker punched them in the back of the head. Seriously, if you have the balls to fight, at least let the person see it coming so he can have a chance to defend himself. The worst part that came from this is the assailant was not banned from the track and was back racing the following week, but was warned by the police to watch his act, or next time things would be very different.

Many people tend to forget that in the US, assault is only verbal, and a person can be criminally charged for such actions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault

I know that for the track that I am running this summer, we will have a ZERO tolerance policy for any violent acts, either verbal or physical. Anyone verbally assaulting another racer will be given one warning, and if they continue, will be asked to leave, and suspended from the track the following week. If their behavior continues when they return, they will be banned for the rest of the season.

As far as physical battery at our track, you will not get a second chance. You will be immediately asked to leave, banned for life, the police will be contacted, and charges will be pressed.

We all get our feathers ruffled at the track from time to time, even me. But it takes the bigger man to suck it up, walk away, and think before they act.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The only policy that makes sense IMHO - Physical Violence, banned for life at the track, no warnings or chances. Physical violence at the RC car track is wrong on so many levels, anyone who does not understand this simple fact doesn't deserve to be around other people who do.

Verbal abuse, your DQ'd from the race, or gone for the day at the track, next time it happens - gone for good.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A. Rhodes
Violence at the track should not be permitted, either verbal assault or physical battery. This is a family oriented sport, and this type of behavior only helps potential racers find another hobby.

I can remember a few years ago at a local track where there was a physical altercation over a broken car. The assailant was upset a newbie had broken his car in qualifying, so he walked up behind that person and sucker punched them in the back of the head. Seriously, if you have the balls to fight, at least let the person see it coming so he can have a chance to defend himself. The worst part that came from this is the assailant was not banned from the track and was back racing the following week, but was warned by the police to watch his act, or next time things would be very different.

Many people tend to forget that in the US, assault is only verbal, and a person can be criminally charged for such actions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault

I know that for the track that I am running this summer, we will have a ZERO tolerance policy for any violent acts, either verbal or physical. Anyone verbally assaulting another racer will be given one warning, and if they continue, will be asked to leave, and suspended from the track the following week. If their behavior continues when they return, they will be banned for the rest of the season.

As far as physical battery at our track, you will not get a second chance. You will be immediately asked to leave, banned for life, the police will be contacted, and charges will be pressed.

We all get our feathers ruffled at the track from time to time, even me. But it takes the bigger man to suck it up, walk away, and think before they act.
I Agree with you 100% and sometimes you need too nip it in the butt before it get's out of control. Remember, You do get dumb @sses who go to the track and don't know how to act. In some situations violence can be avoided but sometimes it can't because it escalates too quickly and before you know it, it's too late, Everything is said and done... But I do AGREE with what you said.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is a great subject! I own and operate a track as well . I have had only one confrontation and I indeed nipped it in the bud. As for drugs NO WAY !!
Drinking on the otherhand is ok at night ,but only for the adults PERIOD !!
This is what makes my track such a easy going atmosphere and fun ,everyone goes there for the fun , a little competition is cool too . But we are there for the fun mostly. Drinking during big events is NOT TOLERATED and the ones that do it know this .
Old 04-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mremtr
This is a great subject! I own and operate a track as well . I have had only one confrontation and I indeed nipped it in the bud. As for drugs NO WAY !!
Drinking on the otherhand is ok at night ,but only for the adults PERIOD !!
This is what makes my track such a easy going atmosphere and fun ,everyone goes there for the fun , a little competition is cool too . But we are there for the fun mostly. Drinking during big events is NOT TOLERATED and the ones that do it know this .
RIGHT ON!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not cool man. If someone is pissing you off beating them up is not the way to settle it. You are just advocating violance. I would not want to bring my children to that track if you are there, I would be severly worried that my child might look at you wrong or not fix you car fast enough if it flips and you would scream at them. If violance is the the only recourse take it off the property. Drinking or smoking not allowed at all. 1. smoking not allowed in public places unless you have a dedicated location outside of building. 2. Drinking NEVER. the track owner could be responsiable for you if an accident occurs. If people need to settle somthing do it on the track with the car. Last one running is the winner. Only my opinion and not the establishments.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Violence of any description should not be tolerated or taken lightly. A warning is probably the best action on the first occasion (depending on the severity) then a second time should see the people involved banned from coming to the club it happened at.

I am quite happy to walk away from a race involving it, as racing and keeping a cool head / not getting involved are much more important than proving who has bigger fists.... I have very little time and effort for people who wish to disrupt racing in any form.

And besides.... I need my fingers and hands intact to use my transmitter
Old 04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harjo
normally, that person would get banned and wouldn't be allowed back.

we had a situation come up once where an out of town racer was getting out of hand with one of our regulars, calling our regular names and such. well, our regular racer knocked the tar out of him and that out of towner got banned since he pretty much started it.
If you're talking about the track that I think you are talking about, it's a perfect example of the inmates running the asylum.

Seriously, track owners should have a zero tolerance policy on physical AND verbal abuse. We all know "that guy" who's always angry about something and is just waiting to explode. Last year, the track I race at told "that guy" that they no longer wanted his business. Why let one bad apple ruin all the fun?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis
Why let one bad apple ruin all the fun?
Amen
Old 04-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

WHO in there right mind would go and hurt a child at the track??? NOT ME!!! I am a father too and I wouldn't want my child around that nonsense anyway but on the same note I won't tolerate no ones BS. That's me personally, But I hear where you are coming from too. You are out to have fun and enjoy the hobby not for a fighting match. But remember this is the real world and unfortunately people get out of control and sometimes it becomes a mess. But I understand that you or anyone don't want your children to see that kind of behavior. I know I wouldn't want my child to see that but on the same note I won't stand down to anyone's nonsense, The adult thing to do is too walk away but sometimes it isn't like that because you get jerks who just don't know when to stop the BS. Basher, This is my reply to you. I hear what you said and understand where you are coming from.

Last edited by trjracing; 04-17-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Leodis
If you're talking about the track that I think you are talking about, it's a perfect example of the inmates running the asylum.

Seriously, track owners should have a zero tolerance policy on physical AND verbal abuse. We all know "that guy" who's always angry about something and is just waiting to explode. Last year, the track I race at told "that guy" that they no longer wanted his business. Why let one bad apple ruin all the fun?
That's a good point there...
Old 04-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

What amazes me is the fact that 100% sponsored guys can get in fights at a national event and not have anything happen to them. I've seen it.

Nothing was done by Roar at the race or after. The sad thing is that the sponsors seem to turn a blind eye when it happens. Nobody lost their ride or anything.

Since then, Roar seems to have stepped up a little. There has been at least one race where there was a fight and the guys were kicked out and suspended for a time.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Heres one for ya'll....

In about 89, Barry(fabulous) was running 10th pan oval on carpet at the old Hot Trick in Vista, Ca...I was hangn out pitn for him that day....

He was TQ for the main and I turned his car on and set it down....as soon as I did, the car rolled forward a little....so I rolled it back into place...

back then we didnt have lathes and stuff of course so there was a myth about rolling them backwards(that I didnt know at the time)

so Barry proceeded to freak out wile running down the drivers stand and tackled me with his radio in hand....

we were pretty close buds at the time, but it was a love-hate relationship I guess....

luv ya Barry...
Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Violence is never the answer.

Remember you never know how tough someone is just from looking at them. If you could come to the BJJ gym I train at I can gaurantee you could not pick out our teams best fighters on looks alone.

Also, thinking you can beat someone up and actually being able to do it are two different things. More than once I have seen the attacker end up for the worse in these types of situations.

Lastly, at the end of the day if you still feel the need to be violent, go join a local boxing or MMA club. Might change your outlook on what being tough means and why hurting someone is never something to be proud of.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.