R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2007, 12:02 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Not so smart. Corrected my post to read "Inductance" meter...LOL.

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #47
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Not so smart. Corrected my post to read "Inductance" meter...LOL.
Soe yeu con't smell
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:56 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

THAT CLEARED A LOT UP GUYS , THANKS !!

I THINK I WILL GET ME A METER JUST TO HAVE IT. FOR $50 YOU CAN'T GO WRONG. ESPECIALLY IF YOU GET YOUR MOTOR QUESTIONED SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE.

I AM WAITING AS LONG AS I CAN TO BUY THE COLORED RING 13.5 . I SPEND WAY TOO MUCH MONEY KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST NOVAK OFFERS AND I JUST CAN'T WARRANT SPENDING IT ON A RING RIGHT NOW. BESIDES, THEY COULD HAVE THOUGHT SOMETHING UP ON THE OLDER MOTORS TO MAKE THEM RECOGNIZABLE !!

I LOVE NOVAK BUT THEY DIDN'T FOOL ANYONE ON THIS LITTLE TRICK , LOL LOL !!
FUJIMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:33 AM   #49
Tech Initiate

one thing i had been wondering about novak brushless motors for a while, i hope it is ok to post it here!

is there a chart that states the Kt ratings of the velociti and ss8.5/10.5/13.5 pro motors? i can find the Kt ratings of the ss5800 and ss4300 motors on the novak website, but not for the others...

as i've read that for brushed motors, the higher the turns, typically the less rpm but more torque - just wondering if the same applies to brushless motors as far as torque is concerned? as the ss5800 and ss4300 motors have the same Kt ratings.

TIA!
sidewaysdriver6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #50
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Good point. But, the sintered rotor in the 13.5 motor is accepted at all stock class racing venues here in NorCal. So, we don't need to check for them.

Yes, NorCal handles this which rotor issue in a way to make it a non-issue.
Yes, but not every track has accepted the sintered rotor(like my local track, they are requiring the bonded rotor, we haven't yet been able to convince 'em to let us use the sintered), & it seemed that's what the original poster was asking, how to tell the difference between sintered & bonded rotors without disassembling the motor, & what I mentioned is a method that works VERY well....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #51
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysdriver6
one thing i had been wondering about novak brushless motors for a while, i hope it is ok to post it here!

is there a chart that states the Kt ratings of the velociti and ss8.5/10.5/13.5 pro motors? i can find the Kt ratings of the ss5800 and ss4300 motors on the novak website, but not for the others...

as i've read that for brushed motors, the higher the turns, typically the less rpm but more torque - just wondering if the same applies to brushless motors as far as torque is concerned? as the ss5800 and ss4300 motors have the same Kt ratings.

TIA!
See if this is what you want. I think you mean Kv?
http://teamnovak.com/products/brushl...spec_chart.htm
Old 04-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #52
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Yes, but not every track has accepted the sintered rotor(like my local track, they are requiring the bonded rotor, we haven't yet been able to convince 'em to let us use the sintered), & it seemed that's what the original poster was asking, how to tell the difference between sintered & bonded rotors without disassembling the motor, & what I mentioned is a method that works VERY well....
I think some tracks are staying to the bonded rotor in an attempt to keep it closer to the 27t to keep it fair?
And I think Chris has definitely learned the difference from rotor to rotor.
Heck the stuff I learned on here I'm sure to retain in the memory banks for sure.
Later Fellas.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #53
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
See if this is what you want. I think you mean Kv?
http://teamnovak.com/products/brushl...spec_chart.htm
thanks UN4RACING for the reply but i did mean Kt . here's an extract from the novak webpage on the ss5800 that describes this :

"Kt - This number is the motor torque constant expressed in inch-ounce of torque per amp of current. This number is the amount of torque a motor would produce per amp of current draw. As an example, the SS5800's Kt rating is 0.45 in-oz/amp. Therefore, if the motor is drawing 5 amps, the SS5800 would produce 2.25 in-oz of torque (5 x 0.45)."

(from novak ss5800)

i can't find the Kt ratings for the motors other than ss5800 & ss4300. thanks for any help.

Last edited by sidewaysdriver6; 04-15-2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #54
Tech Fanatic

WELL IT TOOK A LITTLE PERSUASION TO GET THE SINTERED ROTOR ALLOWED AT OUR LOCAL TRACK.

BUT THE OPERATOR REALIZED THAT POLICING SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD ONLY WEAR HIM OUT, LOL LOL !!

SO HE PASSED IT AND NOW EVERYONE IS CONVERTING TO IT WITH GREAT SUCCESS !!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:39 PM   #55
Tech Lord

Quote:
thanks UN4RACING for the reply but i did mean Kt . here's an extract from the novak webpage on the ss5800 that describes this :

"Kt - This number is the motor torque constant expressed in inch-ounce of torque per amp of current. This number is the amount of torque a motor would produce per amp of current draw. As an example, the SS5800's Kt rating is 0.45 in-oz/amp. Therefore, if the motor is drawing 5 amps, the SS5800 would produce 2.25 in-oz of torque (5 x 0.45)."

(from novak ss5800)

i can't find the Kt ratings for the motors other than ss5800 & ss4300. thanks for any help.
Hear you go these guys were the first to commercialize brushless.
See what you can find out and I will to.
This thread has definitely been an education process.
Hit the link below.

http://www.aveox.com/rc/faq.html#Delta
Old 04-16-2007, 04:55 AM   #56
Tech Fanatic

THANKS FOR THE LINK !!

MARCEL
Old 04-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #57
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUJIMO
THANKS FOR THE LINK !!

MARCEL
Your welcome.
Also I want to put these pics out for rainy. So if ant one wants to show off there brushless wiring set up here you go. I couldn't find the thread where every one chimed in with all the cool wiring jobs..
Just for Grins I threw in a pic of my computer that I'm posting on 12 times a day. Its a Gateway.

Last edited by UN4RACING; 08-21-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 PM   #58
Tech Initiate

Neat ! i like how you did the deans connectors, the male and female pairings. on the motor's orange cable (with the male deans), is that a deans plug cut into half?

p.s. thanks for the aveox link too!

Quote:
Your welcome.
Also I want to put these pics out for rainy. So if ant one wants to show off there brushless wiring set up here you go. I couldn't find the thread where every one chimed in with all the cool wiring jobs..
Just for Grins I threw in a pic of my computer that I'm posting on 12 times a day. Its a Gateway.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:21 AM   #59
Tech Lord

Quote:
Neat ! i like how you did the deans connectors, the male and female pairings. on the motor's orange cable (with the male deans), is that a deans plug cut into half?

p.s. thanks for the aveox link too!
Yeah I cut it in half. When I was running the LRP I changed from brush to brushless a lot so I needed a way to try and keep it infallible to not cross wires. So I put the male females to opposite sides just to be sure I didn't screw something up.
I have a cool split plug that made going to brushed quick and easy.
I've seen some really cool set ups but this one worked well for me. And it was at a time no one had really put any thing out yet.
Hopefully some of the others I've seen start posting theres a lot of different ways to do it.
One guy was using banana plugs and it looked cleaner and lighter.
Yeah that aveox link is cool.
I copped that off syndrome one night.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 AM   #60
Tech Adept

Quote:
Your welcome.

Thanks for the info and pics. I was wondering if it would work or if anyone tried it. Looks like an easy was to do it. again, thanks

Mark