R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-13-2007, 06:09 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default SETUP CHANGES AFTER A RUN

starting out with new tires and the car completely setup, you run one qualifier and the tires on the left wear enough to change the ride height on one side by .25 mm, so now the ride height and droop is not equal left to right. i always rotate the tires so they can get equal wear but if i hit or get hit i have to check the car to see if there is something off:camber toe.
my question is if i set the car again(ride height,camber droop,tweak) after this .25 mm change will it change the handling from setting it when the tires are equal because the shocks on one side will have more tension than the other.
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:17 AM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

yes. that's often referred to as tweak. (which is one of the most overused words in the hobby)

tweak (in this case) is the force ratio/balance between all four tires. if you wear away one of the tires, it's like cranking the spring collar back on that corner, and that corner will end up with more grip. you'll need to move the collar down to account for the missing tire diameter, and take any other components attached to that arm with it (droop, sway bar).

i usually won't touch the collars in just one run, but after two it's typically needed.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:23 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
yes. that's often referred to as tweak. (which is one of the most overused words in the hobby)

tweak (in this case) is the force ratio/balance between all four tires. if you wear away one of the tires, it's like cranking the spring collar back on that corner, and that corner will end up with more grip. you'll need to move the collar down to account for the missing tire diameter, and take any other components attached to that arm with it (droop, sway bar).

i usually won't touch the collars in just one run, but after two it's typically needed.

so thats the secret.....
Mo
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote