R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 PM   #91
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Hey Steve ,

I`ll sell you the speed code for the GTX !!!
only
$50
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #92
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 732
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Ok I have been following this thread since it started and I am bit lost on something.Are we pretty much bashing on Roar for not allowing brushless and lipo batteries? Because it at this point it seems to be the case.Am I in favor of either not really I am not against it either.I usually run what's legal and be done with it.That being said do I think either tech will help the sport I don't see how really...I would think if this happened right now and all of it was legal I would be willing to bet that alot of companies would most likely go under battery matchers,motor guys and so forth I don't see how putting people out of business helps anyone really.I have been racing for about 20 years and yes I still suck lol but I enjoy it I try to make it to every big race I can roar races,Independants and so forth.I only thing I see more or less is that roar approves things maybe a little too fast when it comes out.It seems like everytime a new battery comes out roar is allowing minus lipo of course and I think it forces racers to buy this stuff to stay or try to stay with the pack so to speak and if BL and Lipo are allowed soon we will start this mess all over again so really it's a lose lose deal either way your still forced to buy newer stuff all the time to keep up.I think we should look into fixing that and getting roar more widely accepted at every race because that is the only way it will truely effective or atleast I think so.
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #93
Tech Champion
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Oddly enough all the latest "new top secret speedo programming" got shipped out to customers/distributors before pretty much any of our team drivers got any of it.

AHA! there is a top secret program, I knew it!


I think that ROAR is doing a good job for new motor additions.
I like working on stock brushed motors and have managed to be able to stay with the fast Brood guys, well until I get to the turn, then its all over for me.
My skill level is not anywhere close, but Iv'e had a lot of fun getting to where I am now.
__________________
Bacon is Meat Candy
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #94
Tech Elite
 
SWTour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Central Coast...CALIF.
Posts: 2,873
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Most guys say that BL will alow you to work on set-up and get more drive time , but we all know thats bullshit ..It comes down to being lazy and not have to work for it, working on your motors should be right up there with car set-up,
something you seem to fail to care about is that this is NOT a way of LIFE to a lot of guys who race. To a lot of guys they RACE for FUN, and this is a HOBBY. These guys have LIVES, JOBS and Other things to do other than worry about being a CHAMPION TOY CAR RACER.

THESE are the guys who will or can benefit from Lipo/Brushless, especially at a CLUB level.

This may NEVER be the way at large 'sanctioned' socalled CHAMPIONSHIP races.

Just as a lot of guys really enjoy the countless hours they spend working on motors, and cycling batteries, etc. That's the stuff that makes SOME guys TICK~ (Been there...done that)

THE FAST Guys - THE GUYS with GOOD DRIVING SKILLS and GOOD Ability to Build and Set up a car WILL STILL WIN the Races.
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:34 PM   #95
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour
something you seem to fail to care about is that this is NOT a way of LIFE to a lot of guys who race. To a lot of guys they RACE for FUN, and this is a HOBBY. These guys have LIVES, JOBS and Other things to do other than worry about being a CHAMPION TOY CAR RACER.

THESE are the guys who will or can benefit from Lipo/Brushless, especially at a CLUB level.

This may NEVER be the way at large 'sanctioned' socalled CHAMPIONSHIP races.

Just as a lot of guys really enjoy the countless hours they spend working on motors, and cycling batteries, etc. That's the stuff that makes SOME guys TICK~ (Been there...done that)

THE FAST Guys - THE GUYS with GOOD DRIVING SKILLS and GOOD Ability to Build and Set up a car WILL STILL WIN the Races.

Dude , after talking to the BL guys I race with who can tune a motor if they had too, said its all about convience..They admitted that they were lazy and it didnt have nothing to with having a job,family etc..

If you a club/basher go one with your bad self run BL..

I see your point but the guys that race TC are younger that most Oval racers and for the most part racing in number one, family ,work will always come in second in this industry..

I started my R/C racing in oval in the late 80s, at places like One stop, bob and Jims, Yorba linda raceway..E and L was right up there too..Not to mention the bakersfield races ..6 CELL stock was fast back then , now with four cell stock its just plain slow one of the ressons why the "older cats" still running it as for the new guys that want to start racing oval .." It looks really boring and slow at the same time" ..

If I had to do it all over again it would be something in the gas class for sure.
Electric has gone to the dogs and is way to expensive..

Just my two cents , keep the change..
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #96
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
I started my R/C racing in oval in the late 80s, at places like One stop, bob and Jims, Yorba linda raceway..E and L was right up there too.
You raced on E&L's dirt oval? I didn't think anybody remembered that place. I got my start there as a kid, and raced on the carpet at Hot Trick a little, too. I moved away from California a while after E&L switched to asphalt and moved to the midwest.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:57 PM   #97
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,853
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Dude , after talking to the BL guys I race with who can tune a motor if they had too, said its all about convience..They admitted that they were lazy and it didnt have nothing to with having a job,family etc..

If you a club/basher go one with your bad self run BL..

I see your point but the guys that race TC are younger that most Oval racers and for the most part racing in number one, family ,work will always come in second in this industry..

I started my R/C racing in oval in the late 80s, at places like One stop, bob and Jims, Yorba linda raceway..E and L was right up there too..Not to mention the bakersfield races ..6 CELL stock was fast back then , now with four cell stock its just plain slow one of the ressons why the "older cats" still running it as for the new guys that want to start racing oval .." It looks really boring and slow at the same time" ..

If I had to do it all over again it would be something in the gas class for sure.
Electric has gone to the dogs and is way to expensive..

Just my two cents , keep the change..
One Stop....was that the track in Yuma? I raced Oval there back in the day.....LOL
__________________
SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #98
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Costa Mesa
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
One Stop....was that the track in Yuma? I raced Oval there back in the day.....LOL
Naw,,it was in Orange county in the city of Los Alimitos..One of the best bull ring style tracks around..Even the straights were banked..

3.2 to 3.4 laps times in 6 cell mod..63 or 65 laps was the track record ..

Great close racing back at that track..Were is oval now..?

Just plain slow..

Bitter for sure...
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:49 AM   #99
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
now that's a good suggestion...send an e-mail directly to Dawn and Mike.
I have sent an email to Dawn a while ago....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:19 AM   #100
Tech Regular
 
volracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Madison, Alabama
Posts: 266
Send a message via ICQ to volracer
Default ROAR vs AMA

The AMA provides insurance to members and has active discussions about issues such as spread Spectrum. They work to establish clubs and airfeilds. They lobby goverment and work with members in getting goverment permits. They act as interface with the media. They put on and manage the big contests. You get an honest to goodness magazine. Compare the wbsites. You may pay a little more but what you get a whole lot more.
volracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #101
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by volracer
The AMA provides insurance to members and has active discussions about issues such as spread Spectrum. They work to establish clubs and airfeilds. They lobby goverment and work with members in getting goverment permits. They act as interface with the media. They put on and manage the big contests. You get an honest to goodness magazine. Compare the wbsites. You may pay a little more but what you get a whole lot more.
AMA is $60. ROAR is $30.

AMA was started in the 30's. ROAR was started around 1970.

AMA has a full time paid staff to do all the things they do, plus thousands of volunteers to help. ROAR has about 30 volunteers that do everything. The people on the RMT are the only ones who get paid. RD's get a few bucks as incentive, but believe me I didn't accept RD for the money.

And now here's where I really get in trouble:

The biggest difference between AMA and ROAR isn't the organization, it's the members! I joined AMA last year and learned how to fly. I did everything the way they say it should be done. The difference between people involved with planes versus cars is spectacular. Most of the guys involved with aircraft do it solely for the fun. Very few will ever go to any sort of competitive event. And those who do are always willing to help out other fliers. If anyone goes outside the rules for the field, they are reminded of the rules. Those who don't think they have to follow rules are asked to leave.

How many racers do you think would leave anything to ROAR when they pass away? Yet AMA has a program for such a thing, and it's not unusual for people to leave a six digit figure for AMA in their wills.

We racers are our own worst enemies. We throw temper tantrums every time something doesn't go our way. How many times have you seen right here in RCTech a post like "if ROAR doesn't do it my way I'll never join ROAR again!!!" Talk about destructive. That only makes things worse, not better.

AMA isn't perfect either. I have spoken to many long time fliers who have a list of gripes with the AMA. And they're not much different than the gripes we have with ROAR. But the difference is they stay with AMA because they know one central organization is far better than several smaller groups. To most fliers, the hobby is more important than they are.

ROAR is run by people. They make mistakes. Criticize? Yes. Just bash for the sake of bashing? Doesn't change anything.

Just keep that in mind the next time you go to the track.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #102
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Entry flyers for 2007 Nationals:

Off Road Fuel Buggy
Off Road Electric
Off Road Fuel Truck
On Road Electric

links found on the home page of ROAR Website:
www.roarracing.com
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #103
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
I have sent an email to Dawn a while ago....
yep.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #104
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
yep.
And???

Just kidding!!!!!!

I've got to renew my membership......
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #105
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer

I've got to renew my membership......
yep.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What has Roar done for me lately ? Jason Pelletier Electric Off-Road 212 09-06-2008 04:25 PM
Non-Roar club trophy races-vs-Roar club events dawgmeat Electric On-Road 17 01-27-2007 06:28 PM
where did ROAR go? sedanaddict R/C Tech Site Forum 114 09-01-2005 02:32 PM
non-roar bodies faster than roar? imjonah Electric On-Road 5 05-13-2005 07:40 PM
ROAR or ??? Gary Fliegel Canadian R/C Scene 63 06-14-2003 01:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net