R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #16
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

You will always get the odd item that will fail - unfortunately it's the nature of the business. It's how you are looked after that is then the issue.

Looks like some of you guys in the US have had problems in the latter. I know guys in the UK that have been very very happy with the service that they have had from the LRP UK distributor.

Me personlly, i have an 07 spec, a TC spec, and an old quantum comp (1). All 3 have been great, no problems at all!!

To top that, i once had a problem at a major meeting. Reto was there, and was able to help me out on site. Couldn't ask for better than that.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #17
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to losi guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Not true !
The 2007 Competition is the best of the best ....

Reliable and smooth...
Nobody can touch it...
You have a point! My sphere is by far the smoothest speedo i have tryed. It so smooth i think i can drive better .
Old 04-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Is Stormer still going to offer a refund? At this point LRP should be the one offering the refund directly. That time frame is out of hand.

Thanks for sharing the experience. I believe I'll continue to buy Orange.

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
Old 04-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #19
Tech Master

I was intrested to hear your story about the LRP speedo. I used to be the assistant manager of a model shop over here in the UK and I was not suprised that you had to wait for a replacement. Many times, customers would come into the shop and order various parts that we as a shop would order from the distibutor only to find that they had sold out and would not be getting their restock for another month or two. The other problem was that one or two of the more race orientated shops would pre order all the stock that was coming into the distributors so if a customer wanted a certain product, they would have to go to that shop as that is were all the distributors stock was! Either way, the customer coming into our local model shop was turned away from us because we could n't get what they wanted for the above reasons which is annoying from our point of view as we would of liked to think that they were coming to us because of the friendly service they recieved. The contract you had was not with LRP (would be if you had bought directly from them) but with the shop that sold it to you so you should have no problems getting a refund. They would just send it back and get a credit note from the distributor or the price of the broken unit knocked off the invoice amount when they next put in an order. Hope that helps in somw way, all the best, Chris.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cherry, are you kidding me? Are you telling me that 3+ months is acceptable? He should of waited? How does that help the hobby? AE/LRP should have extra replacements on hand at all times for crap like this.....

More proof that Novak is simply the better company in both producet quality and customer service....funny you never see nightmare stories like this from Novak......

Later EddieO
Old 04-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The timing of this thread couldn't have been better.

I'm going out this week to buy a brushless sytem and couldn't decide between the Novak and the LRP.

I've had the Novak GTX for a couple of years and it's been flawless. I'm sticking with Novak.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #22
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie
Cherry, are you kidding me? Are you telling me that 3+ months is acceptable? He should of waited? How does that help the hobby? AE/LRP should have extra replacements on hand at all times for crap like this.....

More proof that Novak is simply the better company in both product quality and customer service....funny you never see nightmare stories like this from Novak......

Later Eddie
Hey Eddie , I sent my lrp in the same time as this guy ...
It got repaired and they even went overboard a bit by upgrading a Q2 I sent in with, and gave me a new Sphere in return....

sure I had to wait , its not a good thing , but they did their best in trying to make me happy...

and

I am very happy with the 2007 Competition ....

Never experience a better ESC in my whole career....
Old 04-07-2007, 02:26 PM   #23
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Well, they sure didn't make this guy happy........and telling him to be patient after 3 months for a junk speedo in the first place....

And a q2 for a sphere is an upgrade? Sounds like a downgrade to me.....

Maybe taco or dorito or whatever his name can come on here an explain to us the crap customer service this guy got....

Even Gary Owen quit AE.......to go work at trinity....now it makes sense...

Later EddieO
Old 04-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the replys. Yeah, I went to ship it back to Stormer today at the Fedex store. Stormer is a PO Box, so I have to go to the post office which is closed!! What a pain. I think waiting 3 months is insane.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:38 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McBee
Thanks for the replys. Yeah, I went to ship it back to Stormer today at the Fedex store. Stormer is a PO Box, so I have to go to the post office which is closed!! What a pain. I think waiting 3 months is insane.
3 months wait from a major company is certainly nuts! thanks for sharing with us. from here on out i will lump them with mmr for lousy customer service.....
Old 04-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #26
Tech Addict

I completely understand you m8, my LRP sphere is in the shop for 2 months now and I turned it in at a GERMAN shop.... I know one thing for sure, I never trusted LRP material and never will again. I have seen to many fellow racers have problems, and this goes back to the ICS speedo's.
Now, I must admit, the Sphere is somewhat smoother than my Novak speedo, but I dont care. I managed to damage a sphere speedo driving a 3-star motor on 4 cells in a 1/12, go figure, I'd rather have a speedo not failing on me then one a little bit smoother, failing and taking over 2 months to get fixed. I just hope they keep their promise of 'lifetime warranty' cause my speedo didnt burn or anything.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:45 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Hey Eddie

Man you and Wild Cherry should do a Hell in Cell match have you two ever met?
Old 04-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

That is odd.

I have always used lrp products and have never had an issue with warranty or service. I continued to use lrp as result of excellent customer service over the years and excellent quality.

I sent back 2 q1 for service and recvd q2 without any problems and at a reasonable cost about 4 months ago. The turnaround time with shipping and everything was about 2 weeks.

Perhaps it is just a result of a move/staffing changes.

I actually sold every novak item I had after a negative customer service experience(similar to what the guy described) in the days of the gt7 and refused to ever buy anything from novak again....I guess it can work both ways.

At my local track the percentage of novak problems and failure is much higher than lrp by a large margin. The main problem has been lack of stock on any units lately...perhaps also a result of move/merge.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #29
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McBee
anyway ...
Won`t be much longer of wait for you ...

The next shipment will come....

In a way you might be lucky , maybe this next shipment a upgrade or feature could of been added to the Sphere ......

They are always trying to improve .....

Best of luck for you in the future....
Old 04-07-2007, 06:40 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
If your in between shipments from Lrp ...
You will have to be more patient because if they do not have a extra ESC to hand out for warranty work, you will have to wait a while ....

Everyone is treated the same....

should of waited .....
and
that`s your mistake .......

Funny, a fresh shipment of ESC`s
came in two month`s ago .
I got my Sphere repaired . I don`t understand how your`s did`nt get taken care of ....
Well, unfortunately I have to agree with EddieO. I have a VERY similar problem. I had a Sphere Comp. sitting in for months in my 4wd buggy that i never used, so i decided to sell it. I sell off the Sphere Comp to a bud and he had problems from the start. So i gave his money back to him and I shipped off the Shere Comp back right before Snowbirds (Early February) to LRP so I could get it repaired and sell it.

Well, weeks and months went by with no word. I emailed multiple times and finally got a response stating the same as Ryan heard - "we should have them next week - waiting on a new shipment in"

Weeks went by again, I emailed - got the same thing. I finally sent a very polite yet firm email stating this is unacceptable. It has been nearly 3 months and no speedo fixed yet.

I finally get a call from the LRP service tech telling me my speedo is working fine! He couldn't replicate the problem. I was pretty upset to say the least. They "sat" on my speedo for nearly 3 months that they say works fine.

I have had great experiences in the past with LRP before I started running Tekin stuff, so poor communication and lack of service is horrible. I don't care what type of business you are in, to take over 90 days to service a product is ridiculous!!!

So Mr. Cherry, I did wait, and I was patient, but I still have yet to receive my speedo that is "working fine"

Not bashing LRP, just sharing my very similar experience....