R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-03-2003, 06:32 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default Integy Chargers Forum

Post your stuff about your Integy chargers here!
I actually have something to post also. I just bought a new 16x3 and its great. But I have a few questions. When I was ordering the charger I didn't know that it could only charge up to 3000mah, how come it cant charge up any higher? Could I cut off the aligator clips and install a deans ultra plug? Would doing that possibly dammage the charger? One more thing, I couldn't find anything in the instruction manual that said when the battary was done charging, is it when the charger makes 2 beeps?
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a 16x5v6 and love it! It is far better than any other charger ive had. Im guessing here but probably the issue with 3000mah capacity on your 16x3 is that was the top battery when that was made and that charger has been out for a few years. I dont see any reason why it cant charge 3300 because it should sense delta peak voltage drop. Deans or any other type of plug you desire will work on it.
rcdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 04:34 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

-It can
-Yes
-No
-Beeps? Just look at the light. No light, no charge.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:47 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have a 16x5 Ver. 6 it is the best charger I have ever had. Can't go wrong with this one that is for sure.

Later
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 09:26 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Default Re: Integy Chargers Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdx6
Post your stuff about your Integy chargers here!
I actually have something to post also. I just bought a new 16x3 and its great. But I have a few questions. When I was ordering the charger I didn't know that it could only charge up to 3000mah, how come it cant charge up any higher? Could I cut off the aligator clips and install a deans ultra plug? Would doing that possibly dammage the charger? One more thing, I couldn't find anything in the instruction manual that said when the battary was done charging, is it when the charger makes 2 beeps?
I have the 16x3 too and yes, it charges my 3300 really good. I also changed the alligator clips to Deans plug, and made a seperate harness with the alligator clips attached to the ends of a female Deans plug just in case I need to use the aligator clips. As Chris said, no lights means full charge.
DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #6
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

I have a Integy 16x3 pro 2.5 and after 10 months the internal power supply died and then it fried my DC plug on the end while hooked up to my Pitbull 30 amp power supply. Luckily it's my backup charger. My Reedy quasar pro does a much better charge with more features and my next charger with be a Competition Electronics 35BL or GFX. I'm done with Integy I don't like things that break so I waste money.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:21 AM   #7
Tech Regular

well...... your reedy quasar is a integy 16x7 with reedy stickers and no back light.
rcdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Quote:
Originally posted by rcdougie
well...... your reedy quasar is a integy 16x7 with reedy stickers and no back light.
Yes I know that, but my Reedy works where my Integy does not and it's not worth the money to fix it when it doesn't do the job or have the features anymore that I want.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 02:48 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Which light do you mean? The light on the top of the charger where its flat? Or the one by the list of different functions? Is it ok to charge the battary on the repeak setting for quick charge? The manual said it was for right before a race only but then the little "quick start" paper that it came with said that you use the repeak setting for a quick charge. The other charge modes are super slow, like a trickle charge and I dont want a charger where your only supposed to use the trickle charge. The only battary that I've charged on it was my little 4 cell pack and after a while it did two beeps and then it switched from VESC charge to slow charge. I thought that meant it was done charging so I took it off. Was that the wrong time to take it off? One more thing, can you charge a Nimh pack on the quick charge setting? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2003, 01:38 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Ive got one more question. If I made an adaptor for it that made it so it could hook up to a 5 cell Nimh reciever pack, could I charge it on the slow setting at one amp? Thanks!
Old 04-08-2003, 09:15 AM   #11
Tech Regular

He means the display is not back lit.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:31 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic

I know what he was talking about. I was asking which light came on when the battary was done charging. The one ontop of the charger where it's flat or the one by the list of functions. Any answers or opinions for my questions will be greatly appreciated .
Old 06-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #13
Tech Regular

Hi
i have the indi 16x908 climate control integy charger I need info about the
interface port what balancer works with this charger and its interface
port
Rc Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote