R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-03-2003, 07:37 PM   #16
Tech Adept

HI All,

Is the T1 R suppose to replace the T1-Evo2 ??

or jus as a cheaper alternative ??

Thanks
marzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:10 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

in the beginning it was supposed to be a cheaper alternative, but they are a lot of factor drivers using it, the molded chassis is very interesting in its design, u can put weights under the chassis, to have the lowest cg when u balance the car , and the motor venting works well .
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 01:30 AM   #18
Tech Elite

After you guys comments (especially spaz456), I've re-checked the car. It got adjustable front roll center, which the Evo2 aint got. I may say I find this car verry interesting.

Rayhuang, what's the reason for trying the tub-chassis on your Evo2? The cooling system?

What do you guys think of the composite shocks? From my earlier experiences, I find that alu-versions last better, and therefor perform more consistent. Well, they can be upgraded if nessecary, but what do you guys think?
Old 04-04-2003, 04:56 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the tub chassis from the racer combined with the solid graphite upperdeck should make for a stiffer chassis for carpet racing which is one of the evo2s weak points.

some guys say the composite bodies will result in a smoother shock. all i can say is they do feel smoother than my tc3 alu shocks, but they do leak a little.

[email protected]
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 05:34 AM   #20
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

I don't see why the tub chassis will be stiffer than the graphite. The tub chassis I have is more flexible than the graphite.

I have 4 sets of Xray shocks- from old to new....none have ever leaked. You simply have to pay attention to how the rubber bladder fits onto the plastic cap. The plastic bodies are smoother than the alloy ones!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 06:18 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Can someone please explain why the weight of the pillow ball system, should be a problem on carpet?

ALso, can someone explain about the advantages / disadvantages about a solid front axle?

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:20 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
The only part you really need for Carpet with this car is the Graphite Solid Upper Deck.
I would also add-in a one-way diff. It might be a little heavier, but I really like the handling
Old 04-04-2003, 06:32 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Quote:
Rayhuang, what's the reason for trying the tub-chassis on your Evo2? The cooling system?

Cole Trickle,

Rayhuang might be trying out the tub chassis for reasons other than myself. I have started having some problems with the my evo2 glitching in the same spot on our track for months. I mean in the same exact spot, and it just started a 2 months ago. So I changed frequencies and it still does it. I have also changed reciever, speedo, and servo and still having glitching problems. So the reason i'm changing to the tub chassis is to see if this problem get's resolved.

I would also like to see how the design will work on our asphalt track. Who knows it might be good.

Rayhuang, have you found out if the chassis will be interchangeable with the evo2 exactly?
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 06:51 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Arrhhh, those glitch problems.... Well, it could be because of the carbon.

According to www.teamxray.com, the parts are fully compatible.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:36 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

I want to try the tub chassis with the stiff upper deck to see if its faster on high grip carpet and foam tires. Thats all. I dont think the chassis is going to be expensive at all. Cheap test!!!

Cole-Trickle-a suspnesion system has to be effeicient-just like anything else. You want it as light as can be without flex or possibly breaking. Some of the top Tamiya guys are even lightening the hard arms for there 414MII and evo3 because they are so heavy. HAd I kept my evo3-I would have taken the dremel to the arms!!! I cannot give the scientific reason justice-but suffice it to say this:

Unsprung weight=bad!!! Always.

Why PLastic vs. alloy shocks??? On a gas car-the shock shafts snaps at the top of the thread 90% of the time. When you run the allow bodies-you usually just rebuild the piston and put it all back together. With the plastic shock bodes-you usually bend and break everything!!! So on a gas car-its better from a durability standpoint to run alloy bodies!!!

But-the plastic ones ARE smoother-so you should use them indoors. The only time you need the alloy bodies on the electric car is if the temps outdoors are VERY hot!! This is when the plastic bodies start to not be as smooth. But-for 90% of us-me included-we couldnt tell the differece in performance-I dont think. Just Salven and Burch and Cyrul!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:57 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Heres all our questions answered.

This is copied from www.mytsn.com

Using the composite chassis on Evo2 and T1

This chassis is made from an extraordinary new composite material for light weight, excellent rigidity and toughness, and unique memory effect that returns the chassis to its original shape even after sustaining deforming impacts. If you are using the composite chassis with an XRAY T1 or XRAY T1 Evo2, please note the following:
A. Minor Modification Required
You must perform a small modification to the chassis to properly mount the lower suspension pin holders with aluminum nuts to the front bulkheads. On the area indicated in the image, please use a file or a moto-tool to carefully remove a small amount of material from both sides of the inner channel of the chassis as shown. This will allow the alu. nut to be used without touching the chassis. Be careful not to remove too much material so you do not make a hole in the chassis.
Be sure to use proper eye and hand protection when working with tools!

B. Battery Mounting
The alu and graphite battery mounts that come standard with the T1 and T1 EVO2 kits will not fit on the composite chassis. You must use the #306105 Composite Battery Mounting Set.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:20 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Thanks guys.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:59 AM   #28
Tech Elite

The new T1R won Danish Championship

It was on a low grip track. So one wonder, if a chassis with a little more flex, was an advantage. Any comments?
Old 04-13-2003, 04:05 PM   #29
Tech Adept

does anyone else have this problem: battery post hole being drilled too low, about .5 to 1mm, any solution? here's a pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery post.jpg (48.5 KB, 77 views)
Elk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 05:53 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Elk666 :: Thanks for the motor. I ran it today and it is FAST!