R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-02-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Post New KO Mars R HELP!!

Can anyone please help I have two new mars R transmitters Iím using Ko servos and Ko receiver donít have any choice as far as the Mars R is concerned have to use the KR301z Receiver. Iíve tried numerous servos old, brand new, etc all of them apart from a KO2173 FET vibrate at neutral. Have contacted KO they have suggested it might be the servos at fault even though they are brand new. Problem is when I use my older KO EX1 T/X everything works perfectly. Are there any electronics maestros out there that can explain whatís happening? Should I send all of the kit back to KO? Should I resign myself to having to buy KO digital servos i.e. 2173fet? Bit of a pain as they retail at £100 each
Raw40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:17 PM   #2
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I believe that receiver is only ment to work with digital servos. That is probably why it only works with the 2173. Just get the older style receiver for you cars with non-digital servos.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:40 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

I have had that problem, too... doesnt happen all the time, and if you turn it a little one way or the other, it will stop. usually happens if i turn the wheel, then just let go of it... and i have tried the older 297 receiver, and it doesnt function properly... huge dead spot in the throttle. the vibrating doesnt seem to happen while the car is on the track, though... i wonder if its cuz no load on the servo...?

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:19 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to j0n0

I've been using the KO Mars R for a while now with hitec digital servos and i havent had any glitches yet !

I know some of my friends that use analouge KO servos and they haven't had any problems with it so far.
j0n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:11 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Default Re: New KO Mars R HELP!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Raw40
Can anyone please help I have two new mars R transmitters Iím using Ko servos and Ko receiver donít have any choice as far as the Mars R is concerned have to use the KR301z Receiver. Iíve tried numerous servos old, brand new, etc all of them apart from a KO2173 FET vibrate at neutral. Have contacted KO they have suggested it might be the servos at fault even though they are brand new. Problem is when I use my older KO EX1 T/X everything works perfectly. Are there any electronics maestros out there that can explain whatís happening? Should I send all of the kit back to KO? Should I resign myself to having to buy KO digital servos i.e. 2173fet? Bit of a pain as they retail at £100 each
Try reducing the servo steering punch or speed on the Mars-R. I'm pretty sure the glitching is happening because the Mars-R is a high response radio which causes all sorts of problems mainly with cheaper analogue servos.

I believe that KO only guarantee that it will work with KO branded servos and speed controllers. Use anything else and you may have to try your luck.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:12 AM   #6
Tech Elite

How much are your servos vibrating? Does the wheels vibrate too or are it more a kind of noise?

I'm using KO EX-11, KR-297Z and a PDS-2123. ESC: LRP IPC v7.1.

Sometimes my servo vibrate a little. However, it's so little, that the wheels aint turning at all. It's more a humming noise. If I turn the steering wheel very little, it usually goes away. Or if I put a load on the steering by hand, it also dissappear.

Other than that, the system works perfect. So I'm happy
Old 04-04-2003, 03:37 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Thanks all for the advice, I'm down at the track tomorrow so I'll try some of your suggestion will let you know how it goes.
Raw40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:58 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)
Unhappy I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Guys,

i have a KO EX1 Mars 29mHz FM radio. got it second hand from a guy i trust. he warned me of a slight glitch and when i tried it it was bad! so i had it checked at my local hobby shop. they told me that the reciever wire was corroded and needed replacement so i had it replaced. trouble was, the wire they had was pretty long. i think it was almost 30 inches long.

i did some research ad i found out that the longest antenna wire for a 29mHz FM reciever was 18 inches for the Novak NER-3FM reciever.

is it ok if i trim the wire down to 18 inches? or is it too long? whats the length of the KO reciever wire for 29 mHz FM?

by the way, i just replaced the crystals with new ones so i dont think that was it...
Old 05-06-2004, 10:16 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole Trickle
How much are your servos vibrating? Does the wheels vibrate too or are it more a kind of noise?

I'm using KO EX-11, KR-297Z and a PDS-2123. ESC: LRP IPC v7.1.

Sometimes my servo vibrate a little. However, it's so little, that the wheels aint turning at all. It's more a humming noise. If I turn the steering wheel very little, it usually goes away. Or if I put a load on the steering by hand, it also dissappear.

Other than that, the system works perfect. So I'm happy
The buzzing sound is normal if that 2123 servo of yours is a digital servo.
Baluga is offline   Reply With Quote