Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #91
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Charlie, This GTB/Ribbed motor combo is an impressive package
catcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #92
Tech Adept

Default GTB problems with motor plugs installed ?

It’s funny how these Novak threads always start with some drama and heated postings…anyways…
I just used the 1711 for the first weekend of racing and would like to offer what I experienced.

My intent was to use this ESC along with the 13.5 SS for two specific roles. I race brushed stock class but wanted to use brushless for practice and set-up runs. Originally I thought of using a pair of Deans plugs on the motor for quick change over between brushed and brushless. Unfortunately this didn’t work out so smooth.

I had a hard time getting the ESC to stay in brushed mode when I switched motors with the Deans motor plugs installed. Either the extra connectors/solder points or something else was making the car run intermittently in brushed mode. It appeared from the LED indicators that all was well but the motor would not turn (green LED on solid when I pressed full throttle as in normal operation) I would have to re-engage the mode selection process with the motor unplugged (per the manual) then plug it back in then it would work for a while. I actually DNF both of my qualifiers because of this.

So for the main I said enough with the plugs (wasn’t really convenient anyways) and direct soldered. The ESC has worked beautifully since. I figure this is the way to go anyways but wanted to try the motor plug option.

Anyone else have similar experiences or can offer a rational explanation for the intermittent operation with the motor plugs installed? I made sure the soldering was solid and obviously used the best low resistance plugs available.

On a side note, this is still the best ESC I have ever owned (all Novak since my first N-4) ….and the 13.5 SS is pure silky smooth!!

Thanks
Double Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:30 AM   #93
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Quattro View Post
I had a hard time getting the ESC to stay in brushed mode when I switched motors with the Deans motor plugs installed. Either the extra connectors/solder points or something else was making the car run intermittently in brushed mode. It appeared from the LED indicators that all was well but the motor would not turn (green LED on solid when I pressed full throttle as in normal operation) I would have to re-engage the mode selection process with the motor unplugged (per the manual) then plug it back in then it would work for a while. I actually DNF both of my qualifiers because of this.

OK, here's the short version:

Anyone having any trouble with the GTB staying in Brushed mode or working intermittently when using 2 motor plugs like Deans plugs?

Like I said, it hasn't been a problem when the ESC is direct soldered to the Brushed or Brushless motor.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #94
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Maybe there was a cold joint or something.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #95
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidAlford View Post
Maybe there was a cold joint or something.
I'm pretty sure I had solid points. Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Since this has been out for a while now, I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this system - especially from those that were running 2.4Mhz with the non-spectrum GTB. Can you tell the difference?

Thanks!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ttt
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #98
KoE
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KoE
Default anyone with combo GTB SS-M8-Spektrum-Hacker ?

would you mind referring to this post and help me solve it

i've re-bind tx/rx..problem solved! :-)

Last edited by KoE; 11-30-2008 at 01:59 AM. Reason: solved!
KoE is offline   Reply With Quote