[QUOTE=Turbo Joe]LOL...that's the page *I* linked to.QUOTE]

LOL yeah it was late, I must have gotten a little confused ! LOL
swopemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #77
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcars
At this point if I want the new lipo ready GTB/ss, I have to buy everything seperatly? I will be need a motor,cap,switch,esc. Or does the motor or GTB come with those parts. Just trying to sort it all out.

Can one shorten all of the various plug-in wires for a 'cleaner' build without affecting performance or warrenty? Can I use a slightly smaller gauge wire for my 3" wire run from the cap to the GTB?

Thanks!
The Spread Spectrum GTBs do not come combo'd with motors... but they DO include capacitor, switch, and input harness already pre-installed for you.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:42 PM   #78
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
The Spread Spectrum GTBs do not come combo'd with motors... but they DO include capacitor, switch, and input harness already pre-installed for you.
Hi Steve,

Quick question re the Novak GTB Spread Spectrum. I purchased the reg GTB before the Spectrum was released and I currently run Spektrum Rx & Tx on my TC, would the newer GTB benefit me more or there's not a big difference?

Thanks.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:53 PM   #79
The Evicerator

Hey JR,

You're gonna see reduction in ESC temperatures when you go to the Spread Spectrum version of the GTB

Most people report that it feels smoother as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Hi Steve,

Quick question re the Novak GTB Spread Spectrum. I purchased the reg GTB before the Spectrum was released and I currently run Spektrum Rx & Tx on my TC, would the newer GTB benefit me more or there's not a big difference?

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:05 AM   #80
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Hey JR,

You're gonna see reduction in ESC temperatures when you go to the Spread Spectrum version of the GTB

Most people report that it feels smoother as well
Thanks Steve for your quick response again.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #81
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Thanks steve for your response. I'm starting from scratch. Over the last two months I've been buying EVERYTHING needed. This week it's the ESC, motor and team magic hauler bag!!!!! It's big $$$ week.

Would still like to know if I can shorten all the wires. Any problems removing 70% of the wire length? (cut/solder/heatshrink) 25 yrs in the electronics field, I have no fear.

Finally if you could steer me towards the right direction with pinions. I'll be using a RDX/13.5/gtb/lipo/normal cut down tires on a large carpeted track. I have a 64p 110 tooth gear on the car. Willing to buy a few pinions to get started. Throw me a few numbers. WWSB? What Would Steve Buy?

thanks
catcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #82
The Evicerator

catcars,

The three main motor wires and the two battery wires and definately be shortened without worry.

The sensor wires can technically be shorter than what they are but I cannot recommend that you do so simply because they are somewhat difficult to cut, splice, heatshrink, and insulate from one another...

As far as gearing goes... I would recommend getting gears that would give you final drives in the 4.25-5.5 range.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #83
Company Representative

Default GTB Different Model Exchange Program

The Novak GTB exchange program information that I mentioned in an earlier post has been posted to the TeamNovak website.

The enhancements to Novak's regular, non-warranty exchange program are explained here:

Different Model Exchange Program

The new replacement chart with prices can be found here:

Service Replacement Options

Novak has added these NW service options to allow customers, whose racing needs may have changed, to easily exchange products---ESCs, BL Systems, and Brushless motors---for other items within the same categories.

Examples:

Return an original Novak GTB and exchange it for a Spectrum-optimized GTB, or for a 4-Cell GTB.

Return a SS4300 and exchange it for a Novak Velociti 6.5T brushless motor, or for a SS13.5T Pro Stock motor.

Last edited by NovakTwo; 05-02-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Fixed links
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #84
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin

If I'm reading the Non-Warranty exchahge information correct, it say's the new GTB (NOT Spread Spectrum unit) now has a LiPo cutoff.....is this correct?
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:17 AM   #85
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1 racin
If I'm reading the Non-Warranty exchahge information correct, it say's the new GTB (NOT Spread Spectrum unit) now has a LiPo cutoff.....is this correct?
Yes, the original GTB has been updated to include the lipo cut-off circuitry.

This Racing ESC is for Brush or Brushless Motors!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #86
Tech Initiate

So if I wanted to upgrade my original GTB(1710) for the GTB w/Lipo(1710-L), the upgrade price is $69 for a reman and $83 for a new one?
Pull_My_Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #87
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull_My_Finger
So if I wanted to upgrade my original GTB(1710) for the GTB w/Lipo(1710-L), the upgrade price is $69 for a reman and $83 for a new one?
Only factory-reconditioned units at Option 1 prices ($65-$69) are being offered as part of this GTB ESC, DIFFERENT MODEL EXCHANGE PROGRAM.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #88
Tech Adept

Yeah!!! I have in my hand a New GTB/ss and a pro 10.5 motor. Because I'm running the new GTB with my 2.4GHZ radio, do I need twin caps? Space is VERY tight.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #89
Tech Adept

bump to get an answer
Old 05-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #90
Tech Master

You never really need dual caps on the ESC.

For Some of the DSM radios, or with 4 and 5 cell, you will get hesitations or stuttering caused by Low Voltage when you take off from a stop.

It usually is a very simple problem to solve, older SPektrum Systems need to be updated to Pro spec, but if that's not enough, adding a Receiver Capacitor will help in almost all situations. Spektrum sells one called a Receiver Filter Capacitor, Novak offers one called the "Glitch Buster".

For use with the 10.5 you'll likely be fine, usually we see the recevier low voltage issue with hotter mod motors.

Thanks
[email protected]
[email protected]