R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #16
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I would just like to point out that I'm a prophet.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=2007
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #17
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Like I said before, when syndr0me types, Novak listens....

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I would just like to point out that I'm a prophet.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=2007
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:04 PM   #18
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Like I said before, when syndr0me types, Novak listens....
Syndrome type after me . (Give UN4RACING ''FREE'' stuff. ).
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:26 PM   #19
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Syndrome type after me . (Give UN4RACING ''FREE'' stuff. ).
You've got plenty of their stuff already!

As for guessing what's next, I can't think of anything at the moment. Maybe optional different colored rings for the motors, lower profile heatsinks for the motors, or something like that. Novak never seems to do too much of that vanity stuff, so that would be a surprise if it happened.

I imagine all the existing motors will be brought up to the "pro" standards with the ribbed can, sintered rotor and solder tabs. Maybe we'll see the elusive 9.5? An optional rotor fan? I dunno, just a few random guesses.

I'd like to see this new ESC next to a GTB to compare size.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #20
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
You've got plenty of their stuff already!

As for guessing what's next, I can't think of anything at the moment. Maybe optional different colored rings for the motors, lower profile heatsinks for the motors, or something like that. Novak never seems to do too much of that vanity stuff, so that would be a surprise if it happened.

I imagine all the existing motors will be brought up to the "pro" standards with the ribbed can, sintered rotor and solder tabs. Maybe we'll see the elusive 9.5? An optional rotor fan? I dunno, just a few random guesses.

I'd like to see this new ESC next to a GTB to compare size.
I could use a back up GTB. (PLEASE? ) I may just buy one of these set ups just as a back up, maybe the 5800 version?
Maybe a version without the brushed option would help to make it smaller?
And I'm not sure but I'm thinking the capacitor is installed internal?
Iwonder if this is the end of the SS speedos?
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #21
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
I could use a back up GTB. (PLEASE? ) I may just buy one of these set ups just as a back up, maybe the 5800 version?
Maybe a version without the brushed option would help to make it smaller?
And I'm not sure but I'm thinking the capacitor is installed internal?
Iwonder if this is the end of the SS speedos?
Apparently brushed motor in a brushless ESC is done entirely in software, and doesn't contribute at all to the ESC's size. The new ESC doesn't seem to be much smaller, but its input layout seems a bit more flexible.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #22
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Funny... half the threads on this forum these days are about LiPo or brushless. There are those that lead, and those that follow. ;-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #23
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Funny... half the threads on this forum these days are about LiPo or brushless. There are those that lead, and those that follow. ;-)
It looks like all the gung ho nat'l racers are holding out?
But just about all the gung ho club racers have made the switch?
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #24
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
It looks like all the gung ho nat'l racers are holding out?
But just about all the gung ho club racers have made the switch?
I think the general opinion among guys that go to big races is that they'll race whatever is legal. Presumably, they'll also be more inclined race whatever they get for free.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #25
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

We have dudes that refuse to run brushless because they don't allow it at big races in 12 stock. These guys might go to 1 or 2 big races a year. Brushless they admit is faster and much easier. Looking at these guys budgets, I don't think coming up with the cash to switch is a problem. Let's face the fact that some people will just gripe to gripe and not care enough to even try first hand what their griping about. So let us move forward and grow this hobby. I can't wait to try this speed control.
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #26
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

I dont see why anyone would buy a GTB at this point unless they wanted to run a lower turn motor. The sizes are very close (footprint wise) but this is presumably much smaller overall because it doesnt have the fan. I wonder if it will have the huge power capacitor? I suspect the next release will be a smaller GTB.

XBR Footprint 1.54 x 1.18 (39 x 30 mm)
GTB Footprint: 1.16 x 1.49 (29.5 x 37.8 mm)
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #27
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak
We have dudes that refuse to run brushless because they don't allow it at big races in 12 stock. These guys might go to 1 or 2 big races a year. Brushless they admit is faster and much easier. Looking at these guys budgets, I don't think coming up with the cash to switch is a problem. Let's face the fact that some people will just gripe to gripe and not care enough to even try first hand what their griping about. So let us move forward and grow this hobby. I can't wait to try this speed control.
There is undoubtedly a segment of people in R/C that do NOT want things to change, for whatever reason. The popular theory is that they don't want all their equipment to be obsolete, and they don't want to lose the advantage they had by spending more time/money on motor preparation than the next guy. None of them say that, though. Usually, they throw out one of the popular arguments, like they can't run it at big races, or it's not "legal," or it doesn't feel right. It's difficult to tell who's making a reasonable argument against it, and who's just trying to stall to preserve the advantage they've enjoyed.

My favorite is the people who threaten to quit when brushless takes over. Quit racing? Really? REALLY?! Because of brushless motors? Come on...
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
ford_racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canberra
Posts: 1,480
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing
Default

I must admit I used to be one of those anti-brushless guys, that is until I managed to get my hands on a very cheap brushless motor / speedo combo.

It is just great, almost no maintenance and a lot of speed. Just what I need being at Uni
__________________
ARC R11
Yokomo YRF001
AE B5m
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #29
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Many of those "gung ho" national racers have brush motor company sponsors and contracts that forbid them from running or (publicly) testing brushless motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
It looks like all the gung ho nat'l racers are holding out?
But just about all the gung ho club racers have made the switch?
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #30
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

The new speedo is a good things to happen.....what really exciting is the new 13.5 stock brushless motor....it is NEW, but this is something suppose to be ALOT closer to the current brushed motor...(I know...Novak said that when they release the SS-Pro series 13.5....)

Look at the spec of the EX series 13.5 (stock) and 10.5 (19T).....especially the wattage output....it is getting closer, but still, a little more powerfull then brushed motor, from the other thread, they said some good tunned brushed motor can pull 125-135 watts....this one is still good 165 watts. I still don't know hows that work.........

Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya RS540 Sport Tuned Motor brush break in integra006 Electric On-Road 8 10-17-2009 05:29 PM
Trinity Tru Lathe 3 with Diamond bit/Trinity Brush Station/ Putnam brush driller Brian Anthony R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 05-28-2008 08:01 AM
Brush slotter, GT7, Pulsar 2, Comm drops, and Fussy brush serrator and shaper bigdog xxx-s R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 09-15-2007 07:44 AM
Novak super sport brushless speed control ohiorcracer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-27-2007 02:07 AM
RC4115 Brush Factory 2 Brush Factory 2 the black one mint shape jason cheng R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 12-11-2004 02:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:58 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net