Wiki Posts
Search

Tire Issues - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tire Issues - Need Help

I am quite new to RC Cars and have been racing for only a month now on Carpet Tracks. I very recently bought a Tamiya TT-01E and the Kit came with Slicks. I have been using Niftech as a traction compound. The first night I went out the car handled quite well at my normal club. I then went to a different track and ever since my car has next to no traction at all. It seems like a Drift car. The front end plows into the corners and the back end kicks out and I spinout.

I have included a picture of the tire and its either that the tires picked up rubber off the carpet or these tires are crap and are already worn out after two nights of racing.

Any idea how to stop this from happening, or how to get this stuff of the tires. I did notice that my M-03 Mini(Its low to the ground) had a coating of black rubber on the bottom of the chassis after I went to that other club.

Is it possible to leave the traction compund on too long or put too much on?
The car did not come with foam inserts so I used the ones that came with my M-03 kit.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonesyCGY
I am quite new to RC Cars and have been racing for only a month now on Carpet Tracks. I very recently bought a Tamiya TT-01E and the Kit came with Slicks. I have been using Niftech as a traction compound. The first night I went out the car handled quite well at my normal club. I then went to a different track and ever since my car has next to no traction at all. It seems like a Drift car. The front end plows into the corners and the back end kicks out and I spinout.

I have included a picture of the tire and its either that the tires picked up rubber off the carpet or these tires are crap and are already worn out after two nights of racing.

Any idea how to stop this from happening, or how to get this stuff of the tires. I did notice that my M-03 Mini(Its low to the ground) had a coating of black rubber on the bottom of the chassis after I went to that other club.

The car did not come with foam inserts so I used the ones that came with my M-03 kit.
u are tire was burn,
you use which tire ?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

I believe that they are Tamiya Racing Slicks 50454, however the number on the side of the tire says 5222-4826. Not sure what that means. It is the tires that came with the Porsche TT-01E.

I'd like to know how this happens so I don't do it again. This could get expensive.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

That looks bad!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

I believe that they are Tamiya Racing Slicks 50454, however the number on the side of the tire says 5222-4826. Not sure what that means. It is the tires that came with the Porsche TT-01E.

I'd like to know how this happens so I don't do it again. This could get expensive.
Don't use this tire,
Use SOREX 28R or RP-30
Old 02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Don't use this tire,
Use SOREX 28R or RP-30

Unfortunatley the club that I belong to only allows the following tires...

*Kit type tires (Racing Slicks {50454}, Racing Radials {50419}, Racing Semi Slick Tires {50810}) Any tire insert may be used
Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Unfortunatley the club that I belong to only allows the following tires...

*Kit type tires (Racing Slicks {50454}, Racing Radials {50419}, Racing Semi Slick Tires {50810}) Any tire insert may be used
control tamiya tire
made sure use 50454 ,
ORION JB Foam insert
but we also use traction compound Paragon Ground Effect
Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
u are tire was burn,
you use which tire ?
That's what my Xenon tires look like. Great grip, high wear.

Gonna move to JACO greens or Sorex 28R/29R tires.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HarryN
That's what my Xenon tires look like. Great grip, high wear.

Gonna move to JACO greens or Sorex 28R/29R tires.
??
Old 02-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that is rubber build up bewcause the car is pushing and heating the rubber
Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
that is rubber build up bewcause the car is pushing and heating the rubber
So it has nothing to do with tire brand?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Clean it off with buggy grip, simple green, wd-40, or lighter fluid. Or scrape with a x-acto knife
Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Even motor spray will clean that tire off, but your going to have to rub them hard to get all that excess dead rubber off. Your tire will look like new when your done. Then use what ever dope you run and you'll be good to go.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Well Hopefully the cleaning method works, I'll try the WD-40 method just because I have some.

Appreciate the advise.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Ian.....I was noticing that build up on my radials....and really bad on my son's tt01.....I took all the wheels off and scrubbed them (with a softer scrub pad) and liquid detergent......they are as good as when I put them on now!!

Not sure what gums up on them....but most of what you see in your pics will come off!!!!

Let me know if it works,
Roy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.