R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2002, 12:25 PM   #361
Tech Rookie

Default TO vs Peak

Has any one tried either of the two of the coreless motors on the maket, i am thinking about getting one but i don't know how good they are. Riht now i have a HPI mod motor but replacing brushes is a huge pain, i also have a stock motor that is very fun but i want more speed and i 've herd that these coreless motos are more eficent than all the other ones is this true? thanks
mcdhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 07:10 PM   #362
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, i have a micro servo, penguin chassis, micropro esc, mini fm rx, 6cell micro with bigblock runnin 12T pinion. my buddy has a arms chassis, big servo, big am rx, micro pro esc, and bigblock runnin 13T pinion but on 5cells and he stays right with me in a drag race... whats up? shouldnt I be able to blow him away cuz of my lighter weight and more voltage?
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 11:40 PM   #363
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Aluma- no 2 cells are alike resistance and voltage wise. I have one 6cell pack that acts like it's 5 while an older highly used 6cell pack acts like it's an 8cell pack.

Mcdhi- For less than $15 you can get a way more powerful motor in a Speed 300. The corelss is ok but overpriced for the amount of performance you get out of it.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 12:39 AM   #364
Tech Adept

Aluma;

What MikeR says is quite right, no two batteries are necessarily the same. There can be drastically different discharge patterns. Sometimes these patterns can be slightly altered by 'training' a pack, charging/discharging in a particular way to achieve a desired result.

Also, my own two cents, perhaps your buddy's car with all the larger stuff on it has a bit more weight - and thus a 'gravity assist' in the traction department.. to a degree, more stick can equal more go. If it's a factor at all, it's most likely in combination with the battery characteristics.
Do you get much wheelspin off the line?

As an experiment, try trading batteries for a drag or two, see if the results change.

Just thinkin' aloud.
RCXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 03:22 PM   #365
Tech Fanatic

i was thinkin of getting new wheels...what do y'all recommend? who makes the best? onepiece or stick with the original? aluminum or plastic or delrin?

Oh yeah, what aluminum wheels are for the widest setting on the micro? ( cuz i seen some that only fit the bmw body and the other bodies the wheels are really far inside.) :P
Old 12-03-2002, 01:18 AM   #366
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

Just wanna give you the lastest info about wheels - MicroRCshop will be the AV Modelle USA Distributor starting this December.

Vince
www.microRCshop.com
microRCshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 03:31 PM   #367
Tech Fanatic

lookee lookee!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asnx2.jpg (55.4 KB, 135 views)
Old 12-03-2002, 03:31 PM   #368
Tech Fanatic

another...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ansx1.jpg (48.3 KB, 117 views)
Old 12-04-2002, 01:28 AM   #369
Tech Rookie

Anyone here running the Futaba 2PH 2-Channel AM/1 S3003/1 MC230CR have any problems or changed any parts, if so what did you change?

---Herb---
Focus_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 08:06 PM   #370
Tech Rookie

Default WOO HOO micro rs4

I am getting a micro rs4 for x-mas yeah!I am going with the VW beetle cup kit .Why?In real life i love vw beetle.I have a 2002 new beetle turbo s.oh yeah with a six-stick andyways look forward to chatting exchanging track setups in the near future. KNUMBSKULL'02_OUT
KNUMBSKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 08:54 PM   #371
Tech Rookie

Default WOW

Im getting it early!Just placed the order!Should be here Sat.the 6th.i am very excited.Still have to pick up the radio and the 7.2 t.o.pack is on back order. Power to the Micro_Bug
KNUMBSKULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 11:56 AM   #372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Calling all micro's to the Toys-4-Tot's race coming up on the 15th in LaMarada..Lets make a showing...
Old 12-05-2002, 05:25 PM   #373
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HI guys! I just got my self an Micro RS4 from a trade. The car is every thing stock execpt the bottom chassis. I have the ARM chassis one and e-lite stock motor. I need to upgrade this little thing to make it handle like my FTTC3!! with out braking my pocket!!

Here is my questions.

1) I see that most of you run speed300 motor do they fit the stock motor mount directly? do I need any mod? How long will it last? (w/6cells).

2) What are those 2/3a cells? are those the same size as RX pack? Where can I get it? and How much are they each? What kind of performance will I get out of it?

3) Other than 2/3a cells... What other kind of batts can I use?

4) Gearing?? I just bought an 8T pinion?? Will it be ok for stock or mod? The car will run in a good size track. (about full 3 car garages.)

5) Handeling? I orderd front oneway and the rear ball diff from the LHS. is there any thing out there I cah use to adjust my car? ie. Camber, toe in/out? Shock sprong set? (Just bought a set from GH)

Any ways... I like to see this car fly on the track! and hook up! I don't car much about run time since we race only 5-8 mn main.

Thanks guys!
superk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 05:39 PM   #374
Tech Adept

Ditch the 8t and step up to a 11t or higher. I run a 10 11 with the Peak Perf Chubby on track smaller than i garage.

As far as Hop ups. Good ESC and a HS 81mg servo. and Aluminum Steering Knuckles. Platic break very easy esspeially as those speeds along with front Universals.(Alloy, Aluminum, Steel whatever. Just get rid of the plasics.

The 2/3 cells ar the same as a Rx pack. 6 cell packs are the way to go. I've seen 15 cell packs shoved into these things.(CRAZY Speeds!!!)

the Front one, & Ball diff are the others but, you got those coming. The rest is eye candy.

Don't forget a good ESC to go with it. If you just play around with friends and don't have turn marshalls I recomend Getting Reverse. if not get a good one.

with that motor about 10-20 min run times will be found. if you pop in an coreless elite Mod 30-40 are easily achieved.

Lastly, tires will be your next bet. That will be trial and error as nobody else has driven where you are. get a set of each as they are fairly cheap then experiment.
psychofactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 06:20 PM   #375
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

If you happen to run outdoors on asphalt or coarse cement this is a rock solid set-up for tires and such when running a pan chassis http://www.teamepic.net/asphalt%20set-up.html

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote