R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
IF they do then that is flat out cheating....by Roar rules anyway. I guess Offroad races are REALLY lax on their tech!!

EA
thanks everyone for your chime in.. i appreciate the top motor builders coming here and explaining.... MUCHLY appreciated.

thanks guys! ea, axiom, brood.. etc =)
RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
IF they do then that is flat out cheating....by Roar rules anyway. I guess Offroad races are REALLY lax on their tech!!

EA
It is cheating - Period, and has been protested here locally a couple times, one of which by myself. Its not hard to follow rules... I do think offroad you can get away with more, however that is not an invitation to cheat or "bend" the rules as they are written (by gas racers)
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgullickson
Birdman slots the hood which is alot more work.. I didnt realize their was a shortage on overhead springs to do this extra work.. Funny I just got another 1k more of springs in and they were in stock...
Are you sure he is sloting them and not just getting them that way? I have an old P2K2 from when they first came out that is setup with standard spring posts but the brush hood is slotted on both sides and appears to have been made that way. At least it doesn't look cut to me anyway. Why would he bother to slot both sides of a brush hood on a standard sprung motor?

Just curious...I personally am not very familiar with what brush hoods are made from any of the manufacturers or how they are made.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

He slots them, I know this for a fact, I have asked him in person when he was here for a race.
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote