Driving style?

Old 03-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yes. I think it is good to lower your distraction. I tried it and I felt more comfortable, but I didn't hear my car or the PA system, which is what bothered me. Now I have music on my EX-10 Helios, so I get to listen to "Yellow Submarine" when I turn my radio on and when the battery goes low.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I always run my touring car with my ipod I usually take a warm up lap or two before I turn it on to make sure all is well. I also found listening to mellow music makes me faster and calmer. The volume is loud enough that I can't really hear my car but quiet enough that I can hear the lap times called out. First time I did it I did it so that I couldn't hear a bevel gear going out in my Pro4 and I havn't stopped since. I feel I go faster with music but I don't use the ear bud headphones I use the old sony ones that go around the back of the neck so that I can still hear whats going on around me.

Nitro is a different story though I've tried it and found I NEED to hear the engine.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Champion

Some interesting replies, All I will say is if it's good enough for Stig in Top Gear whilst he drives a fast car hard, it must be worth a mere guy trying it wheeling an r/c car

Good point about how your car is sounding, but usually if your gearing is right you would feel any performance drop off or handling problems straight away.

MARSHAL!!!!
Old 03-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Now I have music on my EX-10 Helios, so I get to listen to "Yellow Submarine" when I turn my radio on and when the battery goes low.
You should ask if they are planning on doing a remix for future handsets
Old 03-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What about jsut having one ear bud in? Then you can hear your car and the PA while also having your music playing.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by coons88
What about jsut having one ear bud in? Then you can hear your car and the PA while also having your music playing.

Nice idea, thanks for that! this calls for some experiments...