Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for an anodizer...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Exclamation Looking for an anodizer...

Hey all, I'm seeking someone to do anodizing of a kit or two of mine, and preferably someone who is experienced in RC parts. Even better yet would be someone who is internet savvy and can communicate through e-mails (it can sometimes be tough to field personal calls during the day). Good color selection is important, too.

Most importantly, I need them to be reliable and trustworthy to get my parts back to me before the next model upgrade is released.

Anyone have any sources that they trust?

TIA,

doug
Old 03-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Hey all, I'm seeking someone to do anodizing of a kit or two of mine, and preferably someone who is experienced in RC parts. Even better yet would be someone who is internet savvy and can communicate through e-mails (it can sometimes be tough to field personal calls during the day). Good color selection is important, too.

Most importantly, I need them to be reliable and trustworthy to get my parts back to me before the next model upgrade is released.

Anyone have any sources that they trust?

TIA,

doug
I used a company in Buffalo New York called Deluxe Anodizing. They did an awesome job. They also do all of Hyperdrive Oval car's alumn parts. Generally if it's there on Monday you have it back to your house by Friday depending on how you get them to ship it back (USPS Priority for me). They charge about 50.00 per 400 pieces. The only stuff I have gotten/seen from them is Red and Emerald Green.

But they pretty much only communicate through the phone.

EA
Old 03-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Eric, do you have their number? I might try to give them a call at lunch...
Old 03-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Deluxe Anodizing
(716)852-4692

EA
Old 03-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Thanks Eric, I will try them later today and see what they can do.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Doug,

You might check with Eugene Ryder. I know he was getting stuff done pretty quick and it might be closer to your area.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Doug,
I have some experience with Midwestern Anodizing in Milwaukee. They did some 1/12 parts in orange for me. The parts look great. Fast service and e-mail savvy. You can find them on the web at www.midwesternanodizing.com

D.P.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DPowell
Doug,
I have some experience with Midwestern Anodizing in Milwaukee. They did some 1/12 parts in orange for me. The parts look great. Fast service and e-mail savvy. You can find them on the web at www.midwesternanodizing.com

D.P.

Thanks Doug, I contacted them on Friday and they had kind of a high quote with limited colors. I guess they learned that the small parts were kind of difficult to rack and they needed to charge more than previously. They also don't do a bright dip on anything, so the finish is matte. One business week turnaround is awesome though.

Mark, thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can get a hold of Eugene and see who he used locally.

I'm planning on calling EA's guys on Monday morning, first thing. I have all of the parts ready to ship, so it's time to decide on a vendor. Unfortunately, no one that I have contacted yet can do bright pink. I guess I'll have to come up with a second color choice.

Any others out there? Might as well get as many quotes as I can before I shop this stuff off...

doug
Old 03-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Jeremy Kent
HrcnRacingPro(AT)aol.com

Jeremy has done several cars for me now. I've always been VERY happy with his work. Now if he would just get setup to do my Mt. Bike I'd be even happier.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Doug ea's car looked awesome in the pictures i saw of his car when he was at snowbirds. Very bright color and and very nice and shiny too