HPI RS4 Sport forum >

HPI RS4 Sport forum

HPI RS4 Sport forum

Old 09-13-2001, 08:25 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default HPI RS4 Sport forum

Hi guys,

I just got a used RS4 Sport todayt and I want some ideas or advice on how to maintain this car...better yet how to make it faster...it got full ball bearings and a stock motor.

This is only the RS4 Sport...not the Sport 2. By the way whats the difference bet Sport and Sport 2?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2001, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

sport2: frp chassis, gear diffs, dogbones, plastic shocks, steel tierods (no turnbuckles), steel hinge pins and ball ends, plastic shock towers, 48pitch gears, includes body, wheels, tires, stick pack holder

sport: i think this is based on pro1 and has bushings, frp chassis, plastic shocks, gear diffs, body, wheel, tires, stick pack holder

out of the box, the sport2 should be fast, considering it shares its basic geometry with the pro2. upgrades would be front universals, saddle pack holder (or just use strapping tape), ball diffs (but too expensive), and swaybars/tuned springs (for suspension tuning.) you might want to try 64pitch gears, for clean tracks.

Last edited by marvi; 09-13-2001 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-17-2001, 02:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hi guys, will the inner shell of HPI rally will fit my first generation RS4? Im planning to convert it for rally, any suggestion or advices regarding this conversions? For details my about my rs4>> carbon fiber, universal driveshafts, aluminum shocks but its singlebelt driven.