R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tekin Redline Brushless Motors (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/154544-tekin-redline-brushless-motors.html)

PeteB 03-17-2007 01:36 AM

Tekin Redline Brushless Motors

Tekin will soon be releasing a new range of Brushless Motors, including a "Spec 19t" and a "Spec Stock".

At the moment no real info is available on what the wind is, or how it will compare to the Novak 10.5t and 13.5t respectivly, or the brushed motors that they are supposed to be similar to.

I am a big fan of Tekin from the early 90's and cant wait for all their new gear to become available.

Can anyone shed any light on these motors, what winds they are, bushes or bearings, type of rotor etc etc.

Pete

DA_cookie_monst 03-17-2007 02:32 AM

Currently, there are no definite specs as yet, as they are still in the design and test phase, hope that helps.

tallyrc 03-17-2007 05:30 AM

are they supposed to be sensorless like their smaller motors?

DA_cookie_monst 03-17-2007 05:41 AM

yes, they will be designed to complement the R1 and R1Pro brushless ESC's

STLNLST 03-17-2007 10:45 AM

chicken or the egg....speedo or the motor.

DA_cookie_monst 03-17-2007 10:59 AM

they would of liked it to be the same time, but the ESC had more priority just for now, but I would think the motors will follow along shortly after.

RC MARKET 03-17-2007 12:12 PM

Yes !

PeteB 03-24-2007 04:12 AM

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between the "Spec 19t" motor and the "19t 4300" motor?

Pete

convikt 03-24-2007 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by PeteB
Also, can anyone tell me the difference between the "Spec 19t" motor and the "19t 4300" motor?

Pete

Thats the problem, there is no industry standard on brushless motors. Instead of these companies trying to one up one another. If there was a "standard" brushless would have gotten bigger, sooner. Sorry to stray of topic. I am curiouos as well. My guess, its close to the same. One is one company the other is another version of the same thing. KV wise, they are probably both a 4300

PeteB 03-24-2007 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by convikt
Thats the problem, there is no industry standard on brushless motors. Instead of these companies trying to one up one another. If there was a "standard" brushless would have gotten bigger, sooner. Sorry to stray of topic. I am curiouos as well. My guess, its close to the same. One is one company the other is another version of the same thing. KV wise, they are probably both a 4300

Thats where i am getting a bit confused. Both motors are Tekins, see http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...in&FVPROFIL=++

both retail for $84.99, yet they seem to be different motors, but are they... :confused:

convikt 03-24-2007 06:54 PM

did some serching, and I dont have a answer...we will have to wait and see.....unless some of the team drivers would like to elaborate

Randy Pike 03-24-2007 11:51 PM

I'll talk to Jim about the "Spec 19T" and the "19T 4300" motors. My guess is since the brushless motors are being built differently, the 4300 motor seems to be the next "19T" class. Meaning that they are building the 4300 motor in a similiar design as the Novak. Therefore theoretically it will have simliar power and feel characteristics.

I can try and get a locked down answer maybe by Tuesday.

PeteB 03-28-2007 08:39 PM

Hmmm, looks like there will be some choice in Brushless stock...

Tekin has a 13.5
Novak has its SS13.5 and just released a budget version, called the EX

It will be interesting to see how these motors compare in terms of construction, quality and performance.

Anyone with any hands on experience with more than one of these motors please post.

Anyone know if there are any other manufacturers who will bring out a 13.5t?

:tire:

PitNamedGordie 03-28-2007 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by PeteB
Hmmm, looks like there will be some choice in Brushless stock...

Tekin has a 13.5
Novak has its SS13.5 and just released a budget version, called the EX

It will be interesting to see how these motors compare in terms of construction, quality and performance.

Anyone with any hands on experience with more than one of these motors please post.

Anyone know if there are any other manufacturers who will bring out a 13.5t?

:tire:

LRP will have a 13.5 brushless also...

losi nut 03-29-2007 04:22 AM

I am currently running the 13.5 novak with the upgraded sintered rotor in my jrxs. I race on a smallish parking lot course and have so far wnt from a 32-128 pinion/spur with a co-27 type motor all the way up to a 39-128. The temp on the motor and speed control have yet to exceed 120F. The nice thing is the torque coming out of the corners, stock brush motors don't stand a chance :lol: :lol: I have the new "pro stock 13.5 " novak also, but haven't used it yet.