R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Question

Question for Tekin,
I've been an avid pro brushless RC'er since the orange came out...but the new stuff you guys are releasing looks like it's just might topple the competition (no intention of pointing out another brand).

But the must know answer for me is, The pic shows a BL motor with a stock sticker on it....PLEASE Say IT's TRUE....Please...

if it is true...how true to matching/uniform speed is expected to the other brand.

I've been waiting patiently, lurking in the shadows waiting on something new and produced with a company with a good rep.

I'll be more than happy to QA that motor for ya!!!!
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 AM   #62
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhipster1
Question for Tekin,
I've been an avid pro brushless RC'er since the orange came out...but the new stuff you guys are releasing looks like it's just might topple the competition (no intention of pointing out another brand).

But the must know answer for me is, The pic shows a BL motor with a stock sticker on it....PLEASE Say IT's TRUE....Please...

if it is true...how true to matching/uniform speed is expected to the other brand.

I've been waiting patiently, lurking in the shadows waiting on something new and produced with a company with a good rep.

I'll be more than happy to QA that motor for ya!!!!
Good to hear another loyal fan is out there!

There may be some prototype pictures lurking around, so that may be the reason for the confusion, but only being a team racer for Tekin (I am not involved with production issues) I can't be totally sure thats right.

Maybe someone from the inside can confirm for you if they see this

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There will be a range of motors, stock equivalent, 19t equivalent too.

But I think the regs might change in the near future, and that brushless may go down to being lined up in power ranges. The reason for it, is that the Y and Delta wind, give different power for the same windings, also, slotted and un-slotted and sintered alsol.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:28 AM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin
I swore I was not going to address anymore jabs, but we just showed you the actual motors and you are raining on our parade. It is a public forum. Take jabs if you must.............

How about a free hat?

Tekin Prez
This place is a vipers nest! You can't say that lol. They smell blood and then they *strike*. Someone will take a jab just to be an asshat. Probably some pimply little kid but it'll happen, so just prepare yourself!
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #65
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We just built a brand new building with a full size carpet track inside and full size offroad track coming outside. We are just getting started.

Tekin Prez
Anyone know how much is a plane ticket from the UK to the USA is? Sounds great.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:16 AM   #66
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsg
Motors can wait but if the ESC slips past June I'll have to buy it next season. Gotta remember us poor guys up North don't have much time before the season is done.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #67
Tech Regular

Question for the Tekin Professors...

The R1 throttle profiles are programmable via a USB cable, will there be any facility to log data and then download it to a PC to assist with tuning profiles?

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Pete
Supernova
Nomadio

Last edited by PeteB; 05-11-2007 at 08:28 AM.
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #68
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Get to work! Remember ceiling cat is watching you!
Attached Thumbnails
Tekin Redline Brushless Motors-ceiling_cat.jpg  
secretsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB
Question for the Tekin Professors...

The R1 throttle profiles are programmable via a USB cable, will there be any facility to log data and then download it to a PC to assist with tuning profiles?

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Pete
As far as I am aware, there is no data-logging currently.

Profiles can up up/downloaded from a PC though.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Here's a 543 in Ty fighters car looking for some action!
Attached Thumbnails
Tekin Redline Brushless Motors-redline-chassis3.jpg  
Zken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #71
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

neato
so is that 4300v on the can (above the RL in the tachometer) referring to 4300 KV?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #72
Team Tekin

We actually have tons of processor power which opens many doors for some data logging. We might be already tracking some things that tell us which returns were really DOA or actually have lots of runs or used with higher voltages… What kind of data logging would you like to see?

Wait till you see the user interface, very cool. Maybe we can sneak you a preview of the screen for the B1 Hotwire. They will all be this cool for all products and when you plug into any Tekin esc the right interface will pop up.

We have stock equivalent motors in both slotless and slotted motors. The engineering says that a slotless delta wind with 1.73 times more turns equals a slotted wye. So a 23 turn delta = 13.5turn wye. That may be a hard sell until we can show that they are equal on the track. Even then there is some obvious resistance to slotless delta motors by the major players. The ROAR rules are still being discussed which is part of our hold up. We prefer slotless motors in modified. In stock we can get it done with either and be happy. They do have a very different feel due to the free spinning nature of slotless. We really intend to offer a full line of motors in both types. They are all fast and choices are good.

Our system is turns, kv. So a 543 is a 5 turn at 4300kv. Not equal to a 10.5turn 4300. This 4300 gets after it for mod offroad. Honestly geared up it is TY’s favorite for mod TC and runs with the 376 on tighter tracks. Also easier on diffs, the 3 turn really can tear stuff up if you mash it and have the batteries to drive it. We have burned up a lot of diffs and tires.

With all the FX testing on brushed we have been doing we are also remembering just how sweet a good brushed motor is. We truly hope they both survive and the improved comm. and brush wear on the FX will help. I really like tuning my motor and making it go faster. The FX holds the track record currently over the G11 and the BL stock motors, but the poor little motors was working pretty hard to earn the glory.

Offers to visit our track are always open. It is full length (13 sec laps stock), but lanes are narrow and there is not pit room. However we do have a beer fridge conveniently located at the driver stand. Legal drinking and driving! Our offroad track will be full service when it is not under snow.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #73
Tech Master

can I come play... although it is a bit far to travel... across the atlantic and all...
Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #74
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Are you guys developing your motors in house, or working with a company like SpeedPassion? I'm glad to see the "Novak" style solder tabs on your motors, that's definitely the way to go over those goofy holes. The motors look great, you guys should definitely be proud. No ugly purple, praise be thy name!

Also, I've been wondering why companies like Tekin and Novak don't make their ESC's support both sensored and sensorless motors? Is there a giant engineering hurdle involved there? It's preventing anybody from having a true brushless system that supports most/all available motors, which is a bit confusing for consumers. We're essentially in a situation now where there's two entirely different styles of brushless motor that can't really place nice with each other. That has to be temporary, right? Nobody wants two kinds of BL system in the future, right? We as consumers are still missing out on the "one true" brushless ESC.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #75
Team Tekin

If you read the thread about the Tekin brushless system your questions are addressed. The Tekin can run the sensored motors, it's just not up to Tekin standard yet. It will be a software upgrade(s) through the Hotwire/usb set up.

My bet is that the "majority" will go sensorless, less mess and less weight. Time will tell.
Randy Pike is offline   Reply With Quote