R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2007, 09:18 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
.....Tekin from my understanding chose to make their motors not conform to those standards......
Later EddieO
These motors had better be legal, or there will be a lot of pissed off Tekin fans around.

Ty, could you please confirm that these will be legal.

Thanks

Pete
Supernova
Nomadio
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoook
So when are these motors coming out? Tower hobbies has them as order pending. What does that mean? It use to say late March. I assume that it didn't meet a release date and has been pushed back indefinatley.

I've been checking the TH site, everyday since early January, which at the time said they would be available "Late Jan", then in Feb, the site said "Mid Feb", and it then changed to "Late Feb".......fast forward...... now it says "Late March", and in a few days it will change to "Early April" ...

the saga continues
Supernova
Nomadio
Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 AM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Pete, when I talked to Jim at the Enduro back in october, along with some posts he made on here.....he told me they were gonna delta wind them....which makes them illegal every where, with the exception of the European federations and their infinite wisdom.....

Later EddieO
Old 03-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #34
Team Tekin

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Tekin is on the ROAR Brushless Motor Committee and ROAR is simply waiting for someone to submit a Delta Wound and Slotless type motor for review.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:00 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Pete, when I talked to Jim at the Enduro back in october, along with some posts he made on here.....he told me they were gonna delta wind them....which makes them illegal every where, with the exception of the European federations and their infinite wisdom.....

Later EddieO
So by that statement, the rest of the world has to follow the Americans lead, even if it isn't right for the sport? Surely you want the most performance out of a motor, not like the stupid afair that we have with brushed motors and their magnets?
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #36
Tech Elite

You seem to keep turning this into a US vs whoever....

I think there should be one set of rules for the blocks as an international standard......I am not a fan of ANY block changing stuff on their own and then leaving their racers at a disadvantage.....

Maybe try reading the ROAR to 4 cell.....I had the same arguement.....longer races times.....same arguement.

The way the IFMAR blocks work together is retarded....IFMAR takes no stand to uniform the rules.....so we sit.

Europe just seems to like to make the first move, which I personally don't like......especially when no data backs it up.

As for delta winding, I have no problem with it. I was surprised it was not allowed in the original rules until I found how the rules were drafted.....then I saw the reasoning behind it, which was crap.

And what brushed motor magnet thing are you referring to?

Later EddieO
Old 03-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #37
Tech Master

Someone has to try it to see if it works, and from results from drivers such as Olly Jeferies at a track at which he raced on an open tyre rule 6 cell mod and then late winter on RP30 control tyre and 5cell brushless, he was faster on 5 cell, as it just carries more corner speed.

Dave Spashett, in an interveiw has stated, that in 6cell mod, it is more a lottery if you finish a run.

I agree, the member blocks SHOULD try to run the same rules, but then how do you try anything?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Someone has to try it to see if it works, and from results from drivers such as Olly Jeferies at a track at which he raced on an open tyre rule 6 cell mod and then late winter on RP30 control tyre and 5cell brushless, he was faster on 5 cell, as it just carries more corner speed.

Dave Spashett, in an interveiw has stated, that in 6cell mod, it is more a lottery if you finish a run.

I agree, the member blocks SHOULD try to run the same rules, but then how do you try anything?
Now, it's a thread about Tekin Redline right???

As for the 5-cell thing...read the ROAR to 4-cell thread it's already been discussed. All it would do is make Touring car racing even further removed from other forms of racing that require the use of 6-cell and drive people out of it. Go read that thread and discuss the new Tekin Redline here please.
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:11 PM   #39
Team Tekin

Can we please take the USA vs. The World argument elsewhere? This is a thread about our new motors and I want it to stay that way.

I provided the answer to Pete's question. ROAR will review our slotless design when we submit it and give it the Yay or Nay.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:15 PM   #40
Tech Master

how far off are they Ty, as I know the UK Nationals start very soon in buggy and about a month in sedan.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #41
Team Tekin

We're 2 weeks out on the stickers, and about a week and a half out on the cases.

Manuals arrived today!!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #42
Tech Master

and the motors? will they be ready at the same time, or do you have one that can be sent for homologation, I know Scooter was dealing with it, but obviously can't at the moment.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:51 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Well, we simply were discussing the approval of the motors in the different federations and portions of the conversation have ventured into related stuff.....

If its a company announcement and not an open thread, it should be in the company forums.....

Every post I made referred to the motors........

Moderate if your a moderator.....if not, let people talk as they would like.

Later EddieO
Old 03-31-2007, 02:40 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input Ty and Eddie,

What exactly is Delta winding and how does it differ from "regular" windings?
Supernova
Nomadio
Old 03-31-2007, 03:46 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Just to clear up the Spec19 vs 4300kV............Ok. The "Spec19" motor will be our motor that is the most even with a 19T brushed motor. It is essentially a 10T Brushless motor at 4300kV. The regular 4300kV (which we are calling our "Mild-Mod" Offroad motor) is a 6T brushless. The Spec19 is a milder version of the 4300kV 6T, as it is a 10T Brushless so it will be even with a 19T Brushed.

Brushless winding turns don't correlate easily to brushed turns, thus the strange rating system. Even I get confused in it too, but it's ok. Just know that:

Spec19 4300kV = 19T Brushed
4300kV Mild-Mod = about 12-13T Brushed
When brushless first came out, it was kind of nice to have an idea on what motor converted over to which brushed motor...but that pretty much proved to not be too accurate.

I hope Who Ever...the POWERS to BE are that are going to create and enforce Brushless Rules...KEEPS THEM TIGHT....and requires some type of rating system that ALL motors would have to legitimately conform to....or NOT be approved.

Right now, NOVAK has a major market share on the US Brushless industry but every company I've heard talk aboout their motors say in a paraphrase "We won't bother making an EQUAL motor...we feel OUR motor will be BETTER"

If I have a vote, I would vote to NOT APPROVE those motorsif this is the case.

If the motors whether a 10.5 turn or a 13.5 turn, or a 25.5 turn, they need to be built within certain tolerences or else IMHO the point of brushless is GONE.

What I can forsee in the B/L market is...if the motors are as good as people think, say, and hope they are...where are the MFG's going to be in 5 years?

At this time most of the organized OVAL racing is trying to work together on a fairly common set of rules. With this set of rules only the "N" motors will be approved for ALL classes except a EXPERT MODIFIED class. Some of the groups have said they may or may not allow others in the future "IF" they prove to not have an advantage, or disadvantage.

Last edited by SWTour; 05-08-2007 at 10:07 PM.
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote