R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-14-2007, 07:10 AM   #811
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer View Post
I figured you would drive your Toureg
There probably are no senic trails to run on near you guys so I doubt that. Oh, it is spelled TOUAREG!!
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #812
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
There probably are no senic trails to run on near you guys so I doubt that. Oh, it is spelled TOUAREG!!
I was just gonna say rally car
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 AM   #813
Tech Regular

For the guys that have raced the IIC before. I understand that Ampdraw will be the hobby shop at the IIC. Do you know how extensive their shop will be? In other words, if I need a good set of batteries, did they sell them last year?

Also, are there going to be any Jacos there to be bought as well? I am trying to figure out if I need to buy everything before the race or did they have a lot of stuff to buy in the past? Thanks guys.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #814
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ERTRACHTER

SHANE HAS JUST ABOUT ANYTHING YOU NEED VERY WELL STOCKED
ASSOCIATED 12r5.1,REEDY MOTOR AND BATTERY, LRP SPEEDO,KIMBROUGH PRODUCTS,BIG DOG RACING,BELMONT R/C SPEEDSHOP, DENNIS LYMAN RACING, TEAM TOSO, TEAM FACTORY BITTER, SCHUUR SOLUTIONS, SIMMONS RACING, TEAM BOOZCRUZ
ERTRACHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #815
Tech Elite

Shane and AMP DRAW will have everything you need.......things you want.....and some things you didn't know were availible! Do yourself a favor and spend some time looking at his inventory while your there. I bet I spent an hour looking at all the little aluminum washer, spacer, and coolio hardware he had that I had previously only sen a listing for on the net. You need shrink tubing-He's got it! You need a ceramic beraing set-He's got it!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:06 PM   #816
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Ampdraws hobbyshop last year was absolutely awesome. Everything you could think of.
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #817
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For both IICs, Ampdraw has had the highest voltage SMC batteries I have ever seen. And yes, they have had kewl parts and upgrades I haven't seen elsewhere. Shane is da guy!

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #818
R/C Tech Founder

Hi guys,

Thanks for the good words, yes we will be back and bigger than ever this year, and we will be open for an extra day before practice as well so if you want to wrench in your room (not sure why you would, it's Vegas!) you can grab that motor spray and new packs early. haha

We will have a kiosk set up near the store with our website running on it, which will give you a full real time inventory of what we have, so if you want to check compatibility of a part or see if we have some totally random little thing that's buried in a box, you can find it there.

Jake and Jason are hard at work adding all of the rest of our store stock to the site so over the next few weeks you'll see it balloon quite a bit, and by the time we get to the South Point we'll be ready to rock with everything you need.

Also, I can confirm that Jaco is on board to send us a ton of tires including their latest foam tires--we'll be among the first to have them. We'll also be getting the good stuff from SMC as before, and a ton of great new stuff from all over: Xray, Corally, Associated, APS, IRS, CRC, Parma, Tamiya, at least 10 others I am forgetting. It should be fun!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #819
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ampdraw

Ampdraw

Ampdraw

Whoooooooooo Hooooooooooo

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 12:57 AM   #820
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi everybody, Well it is hard to beleive that we are just over 1 month away from another outstanding time in the exciting city of Las Veags. All of us on the IIC team are getting the finishing touches on everything to again bring you the best event in the possible.

All the sponsors are getting ready and they are all giving up the swag!

The Satchel of goodies in the goodie bag continues to grown. For many of you that have raced the IIC in the past, you know your entry fee is almost a wash with the free things you get in the goodie bag from: Parma for the 3rd year will be providing a body for each racer, Plus Novak, MuchMore. Kimbrough, TOP, Apex. Dekelz and others will also be giving each racer some great stuff.

Well. Protoform just added to the Satchel! Each racer will receive a pit mat from Protoform. These are very nice foam backed vinyl covered mat. This is not some cheap throw away towel. This is a 17x26 high quality pit mat. And they look Outstanding!

There are still some of you that have not reserved your hotel room yet. Our block is closing soon, so dont wait. call now and get your room.

The New night club Fever has just opened at the South Point and it is very nice. Not sure if the new Poker room will be done, but even if it is not, We know where to find Baker,Blackstock,Derosiers and Walt the Assault. They tore up the poker area last year.

We have more international entries than ever. This is truly a world event with all the top drivers joining us again. So even if you are not racing and you want to take a short weekend vacation, Come on down and watch the show. It is going to be the best ever.

We will again have our spectator raffle on Saturday and Sunday. Many of the sponsors will again be providing RTR kits for us to give away. We had some great kits last year and this year should be even better.

FINAL CALL TO CORRECT ENTRY INFO. WE WILL BE PRINING THE NAME BADGES AND PROGRAM INFO, SO PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE AND EMAIL US ANY CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE. TO.....
[email protected]

As always if you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know and we will be happy to help.

Time to start the countdown.

41 days untill SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:21 AM   #821
R/C Tech Founder

All the latest info is posted on the site as well (although you just read it above... haha):
http://www.intchamps.com/
Old 08-16-2007, 06:47 AM   #822
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureal View Post
All the latest info is posted on the site as well (although you just read it above... haha):
http://www.intchamps.com/

Motors?????

Any word yet??
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #823
JCB
Tech Addict

The club thing is awesome, now we have somewhere to party...
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #824
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpczx6 View Post
Motors?????

Any word yet??
The masochist in me hopes it's something different. Just to throw everyone for a loop. Just as the new spec rubber tire is going to be a learning experience for many.

Maybe not quite as extreme as an MVP or Green Machine, but perhaps the Epic X.

But I could completely understand going with the tried-and-true CO27.

We'll see!
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #825
Tech Fanatic

Default '07iic

hey all:I'd like to know a few things about this race.First what is the biggest electric sedan race of the year iic,snowbirds,reedy,cleveland indoor novak race or roar carpet nats.?Second what's the biggest 1/12th on road race of the year iic cleveland indoor snowbirds or roar carpet nats.Finally does anyone think that the oval portion of the snowbird nats. would be as popular as it is if 10th sedan and 12th on road weren't run at the same event?Thanks for the info
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote