R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #496
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
This is my 3rd year and I am in no way a factory driver by any means. So your statement is not true. I was just explaining the reserved spots for factory drivers, there are plenty of non sponsered drivers at this race, trust me on that.
I think everyone is missing my point here... I understand sponsers what there "team guys" in, what i dont understand is why didnt they open reg. for the factory teams a week ago, then open it everyone else the 15th.. This way they could say there is XXX spots open.. Not, right now were full but were working on clearing some up.. Not sure about everyone else but I work for a living and cant sit around my computer all day wait for noon enrty to open..
Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #497
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats why this hobby is dying....They cater to much to factory sponsors...Not the average racer....that by the way truely supports this hobby by paying for everything......So now we have to take a day off from work so we can register to go to a factory sponsored driver race....

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #498
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I will sell my entries on ebay so you don't have to take time off work. You can just select your maximum bid

No one "HAD" to take a day off work to register thats just ridiculous.
Take an early lunch or a long break maybe. Or like some others did have someone else sign you up. You'd think some people gave their left kidney to go to this race.

Its a big race with limited entries... some get in some don't...

There is always next year
Tempest2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:55 AM   #499
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

7 P's :

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #500
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
number 3 with no pickles
Would you like to super size that?
Outofcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #501
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Thats why this hobby is dying....They cater to much to factory sponsors...Not the average racer....that by the way truely supports this hobby by paying for everything......So now we have to take a day off from work so we can register to go to a factory sponsored driver race....
2nd that...
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:13 AM   #502
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How can you reserve spots for sponsors,and not knowing how many...I agree with pat,sponsors should of put there spots in days ago,so we know how many are left open...

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies

Last edited by Al Sodano; 05-16-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #503
Suspended

Im in.......
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #504
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It was strange, I had a 'doctors appointment' the same time the entries became available...

I'm surprised that nobody is offering to take his pickle.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #505
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Im in.......
Nice, Bitter is there I guess I don't want to go now.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #506
Suspended

Quote:
Nice, Bitter is there I guess I don't want to go now.
Cool ...give your spot to somebody that will make the main...
Old 05-16-2007, 11:47 AM   #507
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sodano
There are plenty of non factory drivers at this event. In fact there are 6 of us that are going down from SLC, UT. You just have to plan better if you are going to want to make this event. I did not miss work and I did not sit in front of a PC all day. I found someone else to sign me up and I am in. If you want something badly enough, you find a way. Just plan better for next year and make it in then. This is a very well run event and it is a shame you are going to miss it, but you just have to be on the ball.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #508
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAlbrecht
Cool ...give your spot to somebody that will make the main...
So who you going to be givin your spot to then?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #509
Suspended

Quote:
So who you going to be givin your spot to then?
When your a sandbagger like me I just show up and Im in the main..
Rubber tire on carpet gets no respect , Im not going just want to start the fire early
Good luck to all the Rubber tire guys going to the IIC..
Old 05-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #510
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hi guys,

A few things should be clarified here...

First, whether you believe it or not, every major race, both on- and off-road, saves spots for the major team drivers. That's just how it is. Imagine showing up to an event, and Paul Lemieux and Barry Baker are sitting in the stands eating popcorn. "Why aren't you on the track?" "We were in Europe for another race, and missed the entry deadline." That's not good for anybody--not for the events, or the spectators, or for the people who have to make a living doing this.

No matter which way you choose to do entries, when you have 450 spots and there's demand for 600-700 entries, some people are going to get left out. You've seen how it's done at some races... lottery for Reedy, for example, and each system has its merits and downfalls. In hindsight, maybe doing something during "prime time" in the evening would be a better decision, and of course that will be considered next time.

In the meantime, I strongly encourage you to email the guys if you want a spot in the race. There will be spots opening up, I guarantee it.

Quote:
How can you reserve spots for sponsors,and not knowing how many...I agree with pat,sponsors should of put there spots in days ago,so we know how many are left open...the ball was droped on this one....
We knew exactly how many spots to reserve. However, some people who had this "reserved" status went through the online system and signed up anyway. So now we have some drivers counting both on the "reserved" and "non-reserved" side. As soon as we sort out this information those spots will be applied to people waiting to get in. I'm not sure how else we could have handled this.

Hope this answers some questions.