R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #106
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wait, I can't help myself....or you intellect? I love it, call someone on spelling and then do it two posts later yourself.....thats quality right there.

Oh, I read your post correctly.....it's very clearly you think this hobby would be better with brushless and the brushed motor companies a thing of the past.....

I am hardly backtracking, I could careless.....

ESCman, very good post.....don't worry much about Adrian, he lives in his own little world of how RC should be. I find it funny a ROAR rep is nailing you for not being able to answer a question without the details, some of them can't answer a question WITH the details.

Syndrome, once again....a post from you that works for me...seeing both sides is key to making it successful for everyone.

Later EddieO
Old 03-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #107
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Like everyone, I too own the 13.5 and hoping it will be accepted to be "Brushed" equal..........however, lap time, track time does not lie.
If you guys can dig up the Novak race hosted by Trackside beginning of the year, compare the A-main stock driver's for the brushed stock laptime/fastest lap and the Brushless 13.5 class A-main drivers (2 of the top 3 racers were both running the brushed and 13.5 with the same cars).....13.5 is faster over 5 minutes as well as the laptime...

Thats why 13.5 cannot be legal (or ever will be) to race on ROAR stock verison with brush. I am sure most ppl do find the different between brushed and 13.5, but now they have more data to back up their decision.

NOVAK US TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIPS

Novak Brushless 13-5 A1 Main Round# 5, Race# 1

________________________Driver___Car#____Laps____R aceTime____Fast Lap___Behind_
Passehl, Lee #1 25 5:12.596 12.216
Nelson, Mike #2 24 5:02.936 12.259
Galante, Shad #4 24 5:11.646 12.159 8.710

Stock Sedan Rubber A1 Main Round# 5, Race# 9

________________________Driver___Car#____Laps____R aceTime____Fast Lap___Behind_
Nelson, Mike #1 24 5:02.151 12.211
Hohnstein, Josh #3 24 5:03.103 12.335 0.952
Passehl, Lee #4 24 5:12.459 12.590 10.308
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Wait, I can't help myself....or you intellect? I love it, call someone on spelling and then do it two posts later yourself.....thats quality right there.

Oh, I read your post correctly.....it's very clearly you think this hobby would be better with brushless and the brushed motor companies a thing of the past.....

Later EddieO
that is absolutely FALSE.. try again.. oops you got me on that one.. 1500 posts and i finally forgot a letter.. your posts are making me dumber...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #109
Tech Elite

heh, scroll up and read your post again....go look at that awesome spelling....oh wait, a typo in your newest one too...

Who is doing the backtracking again?

Later EddieO
Old 03-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Please stop guys.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #111
Tech Elite

bah, no cutting into my entertainment advil....

Later EddieO
Old 03-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #112
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, that's incredibly close. Look at Mike Nelson's times for the two classes. Extremely close. Does it make sense, but I wonder how we can compare two different racers with each other when we look at two different first places in two diff classes? If you compare Nelson to Nelson, the difference is minute. I'd say they did a pretty good job at duplicating stock 27 turn performance. Not saying I think they should race against each other though. Got to keep racers happy, if they think its unfair, then its not right in my books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara
Like everyone, I too own the 13.5 and hoping it will be accepted to be "Brushed" equal..........however, lap time, track time does not lie.
If you guys can dig up the Novak race hosted by Trackside beginning of the year, compare the A-main stock driver's for the brushed stock laptime/fastest lap and the Brushless 13.5 class A-main drivers (2 of the top 3 racers were both running the brushed and 13.5 with the same cars).....13.5 is faster over 5 minutes as well as the laptime...

Thats why 13.5 cannot be legal (or ever will be) to race on ROAR stock verison with brush. I am sure most ppl do find the different between brushed and 13.5, but now they have more data to back up their decision.

NOVAK US TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIPS

Novak Brushless 13-5 A1 Main Round# 5, Race# 1

Passehl, Lee #1 25 5:12.596 12.216
Nelson, Mike #2 24 5:02.936 12.259
Galante, Shad #4 24 5:11.646 12.159 8.710

Stock Sedan Rubber A1 Main Round# 5, Race# 9

Nelson, Mike #1 24 5:02.151 12.211
Hohnstein, Josh #3 24 5:03.103 12.335 0.952
Passehl, Lee #4 24 5:12.459 12.590 10.308
Iceracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
bah, no cutting into my entertainment advil....

Later EddieO
EddieO wins the prize for most RcTech fights! Always entertaining...

Just joking around, dont turn on me!
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #114
Tech Elite

never would or8bital, I enjoy our discussions.....I should of mentioned you along with syndrome.....I am all for discussing, I just don't like it when people get mean towards others like wishing harm on their business or person...

And of course, I laugh when people run out of things to say, so they use the learn to spell argument.....it's the internet forum sign of "I am losing, so I need to try to make them feel dumb"

Wait, do I win a prize for this fight thing? Maybe charlie should send me a 13.5!

tallyrc, wait? 1500....your post count says under 800....now you can't count either? Wow, is paragon effecting you as bad as the others?

Later EddieO
Old 03-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #115
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceracer
Wow, that's incredibly close. Look at Mike Nelson's times for the two classes. Extremely close. Does it make sense, but I wonder how we can compare two different racers with each other when we look at two different first places in two diff classes? If you compare Nelson to Nelson, the difference is minute. I'd say they did a pretty good job at duplicating stock 27 turn performance. Not saying I think they should race against each other though. Got to keep racers happy, if they think its unfair, then its not right in my books.
Exactly, we THOUGHT Nelson's time would tell everyone Brushless and Brushed can be the same.....we have this conversion (IL/WI area) because we are going to draw the line between brushless and brushed for the upcoming Hurricane Midwest Series Classes specification.........13.5 owner like me always wants to mix BL with the brushed race and make it ONE stock rubber class (brushless and brushed mix)...and we were looking @ Mike Nelson's lap time and try to tell them that is possible....HOWEVER, no one knows the inside story then Mike Nelson himself, so he replied...

"..........The 13.5 is faster than stock,(more torque.)
I had two cars at the Novak Race and my stock brushed car handled perfect, my brushless was kind of a handfull. So the times look alike on the results page but it was two very different cars.........."

That is the deal breaker...............also, if Nelson's (1 racer) is not enough, look at Lee's laptime (he won the 13.5 and 3rd on the brushed...running along with Mike Nelson)...2 racers BOTH faster on 13.5, with the same car, same batteries, same track, same time.........that won't be wrong again.

And for myself, honestly to say..........brushless IS indeeed faster for myself when I was comparing my time when I was using brushed motor. Even though I was never used any top secret tunned brushed motor before, but faster is always faster....13.5 just have too much torque and it can gear to the moon. Not to mention, I wasn't even using the sintered rotor......yet.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #116
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
never would or8bital, I enjoy our discussions.....I should of mentioned you along with syndrome.....I am all for discussing, I just don't like it when people get mean towards others like wishing harm on their business or person...

And of course, I laugh when people run out of things to say, so they use the learn to spell argument.....it's the internet forum sign of "I am losing, so I need to try to make them feel dumb"

Wait, do I win a prize for this fight thing? Maybe charlie should send me a 13.5!

tallyrc, wait? 1500....your post count says under 800....now you can't count either? Wow, is paragon effecting you as bad as the others?

Later EddieO
How about I send you two 13.5s and after you work your magic you send one back for me to run . A friend of mine speculated that the next step in brushless would be balancing the magnet so it spins truer (kind of like balancing an arm). Any truth to that? Would it make a difference?

Yeah the spelling thing is a dumb argument because we all misspell when we get worked up. I probably already have and Im not worked up at all...
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara
Exactly, we THOUGHT Nelson's time would tell everyone Brushless and Brushed can be the same.....we have this conversion (IL/WI area) because we are going to draw the line between brushless and brushed for the upcoming Hurricane Midwest Series Classes specification.........13.5 owner like me always wants to mix BL with the brushed race and make it ONE stock rubber class (brushless and brushed mix)...and we were looking @ Mike Nelson's lap time and try to tell them that is possible....HOWEVER, no one knows the inside story then Mike Nelson himself, so he replied...

"..........The 13.5 is faster than stock,(more torque.)
I had two cars at the Novak Race and my stock brushed car handled perfect, my brushless was kind of a handfull. So the times look alike on the results page but it was two very different cars.........."

That is the deal breaker...............also, if Nelson's (1 racer) is not enough, look at Lee's laptime (he won the 13.5 and 3rd on the brushed...running along with Mike Nelson)...2 racers BOTH faster on 13.5, with the same car, same batteries, same track, same time.........that won't be wrong again.

And for myself, honestly to say..........brushless IS indeeed faster for myself when I was comparing my time when I was using brushed motor. Even though I was never used any top secret tunned brushed motor before, but faster is always faster....13.5 just have too much torque and it can gear to the moon. Not to mention, I wasn't even using the sintered rotor......yet.
You guys should look at the qualifying times as well as the main times for both drivers in both classes. There is more to be seen there...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #118
Tech Elite

i'll edit this one instead of having a double post..
so you guys feel the 13.5 has more bottom end?

Old 03-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #119
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc
for me the whole damn point of brushless is that I don't have to tweak them... for me, i am hoping these become the new "silver can" motors.. if you touch them, your cheating... motors should also be rated in watts, not winds... i'm sorry if it puts folks like the ones above out of business, but in the long run it is better for the hobby...
is this what has your nuts in a twist? the fact that motors should be rated in watts not winds and that the new 13.5 should be the new "silver can" instead of stock.. what a joke..

Old 03-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

IMO, brushless has no place in spec racing just because you will always get complaints on either side. I really think that brushless is so convinient that it will out # the brushed motors in the near future. It has enough support around the country that it can be its own class.

As much as the arguement of not adding any more classes, well its either they let them run together or start a new class for an obviously popular technology.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote