R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #16
Tech Master

Officially: The internals of the motors are the same. The Core Stator, the Rotor, the bearings, all remained the same parts. Only the ribbed endbells and soldertabs changed.

3413 part number is the updated motor now. The original 3413 is not being built.

We were very wary of going this route as lots of tracks have adopted 13.5 classes, or allowed them in stock, but sintered stuff is just so much easier to work with. Temps go down, and if you happen to overheat, there isn't really a problem or fade in the motor. Just let it cool and it's good as new.

Don't forget guys, you can always email us directly. [email protected] for tech questions. [email protected] for Customer Service.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Officially: The internals of the motors are the same. The Core Stator, the Rotor, the bearings, all remained the same parts. Only the ribbed endbells and soldertabs changed.

3413 part number is the updated motor now. The original 3413 is not being built.

We were very wary of going this route as lots of tracks have adopted 13.5 classes, or allowed them in stock, but sintered stuff is just so much easier to work with. Temps go down, and if you happen to overheat, there isn't really a problem or fade in the motor. Just let it cool and it's good as new.

Don't forget guys, you can always email us directly. [email protected] for tech questions. [email protected] for Customer Service.
What is the "locked orange timing ring" on the new version of the motor?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
What is the "locked orange timing ring" on the new version of the motor?
To show that it is a 13.5 and not a 3.5 in disguise. Kind of like the 27T tag on the armature in stock brushed motors. How did you do in the NCSW series?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:39 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Charlie

Any chance in the future of having the sensors wires removeable at the motor end (plug)? And having different length wires?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I been running and tuning brush stock motors for years and i have to say the new 13.5 is the future...Look at what you have to do to make your favorite stock fast.. The dynos the brushes /spring combos buying them at 40 bucks a pop .. While the 13.5 is about = maybe a tick slower then a good stock... Nothing that a good driver couldnt over come.
deedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #21
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedit
I been running and tuning brush stock motors for years and i have to say the new 13.5 is the future...Look at what you have to do to make your favorite stock fast.. The dynos the brushes /spring combos buying them at 40 bucks a pop .. While the 13.5 is about = maybe a tick slower then a good stock... Nothing that a good driver couldnt over come.
If your 13.5 is slower than a good stock motor your not doing something right. I have never seen a 13.5 slower than a stock motor unless it not geared right or the driver isn't that good. The 13.5 when geared right with a good driver is more like a 19T motor in terms of speed.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well more issues with brushless 13.5 motors , here is my dilema , just found out from a NOVAK rep that even though they say is ROAR approved they only talking about the winds in the motor which i didnt know , where am i getting with this next week there will be a ROAR event at the track that i race at and i'm not going to be able to use the 13.5 even though novak says is similar to a 27-turn racing stock brush motor because ROAR doesn't allow brushless motors (13.5) to
be race in stock class , ONLY IN MODIFIED CLASS , if this new motor is similar to
a 27-turn motor why cant be put head to head with brushed stock motors , [email protected]@@k ROAR
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
well more issues with brushless 13.5 motors , here is my dilema , just found out from a NOVAK rep that even though they say is ROAR approved they only talking about the winds in the motor which i didnt know , where am i getting with this next week there will be a ROAR event at the track that i race at and i'm not going to be able to use the 13.5 even though novak says is similar to a 27-turn racing stock brush motor because ROAR doesn't allow brushless motors (13.5) to
be race in stock class , ONLY IN MODIFIED CLASS , if this new motor is similar to
a 27-turn motor why cant be put head to head with brushed stock motors , [email protected]@@k ROAR
I hear what your saying, but ROAR didn't say it was similar to a 27 turn. Novak did. ROAR allowed them to be run in the Mod class because of pressure and popularity.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder
To show that it is a 13.5 and not a 3.5 in disguise. Kind of like the 27T tag on the armature in stock brushed motors. How did you do in the NCSW series?
ahhh kewl!!

Series is still going on, I've only made 1 of the 2 races so far, TQ'd and won stock, Qual'd 2nd and 3rd place in 19T in the one race I've made. You can see the points standings, results, etc here: http://www.gearchart.com/ncsw
Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default ha ha

You got beat by a slower brushed motor! Anybody that thinks the brushless are equal to brushed have sniffed to much paragon.Why does 13.5 x 2 equal 27 but the 10.5 x 2 equals 21 seems fishy to me.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:40 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
...Why does 13.5 x 2 equal 27 but the 10.5 x 2 equals 21 seems fishy to me.
It smells fishy cause you forgot to bathe
Old 03-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #27
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You guys find the 10.5 to be faster than a 19T?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
You got beat by a slower brushed motor! Anybody that thinks the brushless are equal to brushed have sniffed to much paragon.Why does 13.5 x 2 equal 27 but the 10.5 x 2 equals 21 seems fishy to me.
Don't fear the future Texas hand wash boy
Old 03-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #29
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

We've got one or two brushed guys that are holding out against the "brushless brigade" as well. It's cute. :-) It sucks when they win though, they get all uppity! At least we have plenty of time to tease them between rounds while they true and rebrush trying to keep up with the 13.5's. The guys have a good attitude about it, they feel like it pushes them to tune their motors better and drive harder.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
The sintered rotor 13.5 is quite bit faster than a 27T motor no matter what Novak says. ROAR did the right thing by not allowing mixed classes. If they did everyone would have to run out and replace all their speedos and motors with more expensive (at least up front cost wise) brushless systems to be competitive.

I am sure there will be a ROAR 13.5 BL Stock and 10.5 BL Spec Mod class for 2008. If you guys want to make sure that happens those of you that are ROAR members better start letting ROAR know what you want. Email your region directors and the ROAR ExCom to let them know what you want to see rule wise for 2008.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote