R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #16
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

Officially: The internals of the motors are the same. The Core Stator, the Rotor, the bearings, all remained the same parts. Only the ribbed endbells and soldertabs changed.

3413 part number is the updated motor now. The original 3413 is not being built.

We were very wary of going this route as lots of tracks have adopted 13.5 classes, or allowed them in stock, but sintered stuff is just so much easier to work with. Temps go down, and if you happen to overheat, there isn't really a problem or fade in the motor. Just let it cool and it's good as new.

Don't forget guys, you can always email us directly. [email protected] for tech questions. [email protected] for Customer Service.
__________________
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
Officially: The internals of the motors are the same. The Core Stator, the Rotor, the bearings, all remained the same parts. Only the ribbed endbells and soldertabs changed.

3413 part number is the updated motor now. The original 3413 is not being built.

We were very wary of going this route as lots of tracks have adopted 13.5 classes, or allowed them in stock, but sintered stuff is just so much easier to work with. Temps go down, and if you happen to overheat, there isn't really a problem or fade in the motor. Just let it cool and it's good as new.

Don't forget guys, you can always email us directly. [email protected] for tech questions. [email protected] for Customer Service.
What is the "locked orange timing ring" on the new version of the motor?
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
What is the "locked orange timing ring" on the new version of the motor?
To show that it is a 13.5 and not a 3.5 in disguise. Kind of like the 27T tag on the armature in stock brushed motors. How did you do in the NCSW series?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:39 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,583
Default

Charlie

Any chance in the future of having the sensors wires removeable at the motor end (plug)? And having different length wires?
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #20
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 196
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I been running and tuning brush stock motors for years and i have to say the new 13.5 is the future...Look at what you have to do to make your favorite stock fast.. The dynos the brushes /spring combos buying them at 40 bucks a pop .. While the 13.5 is about = maybe a tick slower then a good stock... Nothing that a good driver couldnt over come.
deedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #21
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,140
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedit
I been running and tuning brush stock motors for years and i have to say the new 13.5 is the future...Look at what you have to do to make your favorite stock fast.. The dynos the brushes /spring combos buying them at 40 bucks a pop .. While the 13.5 is about = maybe a tick slower then a good stock... Nothing that a good driver couldnt over come.
If your 13.5 is slower than a good stock motor your not doing something right. I have never seen a 13.5 slower than a stock motor unless it not geared right or the driver isn't that good. The 13.5 when geared right with a good driver is more like a 19T motor in terms of speed.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic
 
turboxrayt1fk05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ri
Posts: 978
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

well more issues with brushless 13.5 motors , here is my dilema , just found out from a NOVAK rep that even though they say is ROAR approved they only talking about the winds in the motor which i didnt know , where am i getting with this next week there will be a ROAR event at the track that i race at and i'm not going to be able to use the 13.5 even though novak says is similar to a 27-turn racing stock brush motor because ROAR doesn't allow brushless motors (13.5) to
be race in stock class , ONLY IN MODIFIED CLASS , if this new motor is similar to
a 27-turn motor why cant be put head to head with brushed stock motors , [email protected]@@k ROAR
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #23
Tech Master
 
Racer4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: W.V
Posts: 1,300
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
well more issues with brushless 13.5 motors , here is my dilema , just found out from a NOVAK rep that even though they say is ROAR approved they only talking about the winds in the motor which i didnt know , where am i getting with this next week there will be a ROAR event at the track that i race at and i'm not going to be able to use the 13.5 even though novak says is similar to a 27-turn racing stock brush motor because ROAR doesn't allow brushless motors (13.5) to
be race in stock class , ONLY IN MODIFIED CLASS , if this new motor is similar to
a 27-turn motor why cant be put head to head with brushed stock motors , [email protected]@@k ROAR
I hear what your saying, but ROAR didn't say it was similar to a 27 turn. Novak did. ROAR allowed them to be run in the Mod class because of pressure and popularity.
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydewynder
To show that it is a 13.5 and not a 3.5 in disguise. Kind of like the 27T tag on the armature in stock brushed motors. How did you do in the NCSW series?
ahhh kewl!!

Series is still going on, I've only made 1 of the 2 races so far, TQ'd and won stock, Qual'd 2nd and 3rd place in 19T in the one race I've made. You can see the points standings, results, etc here: http://www.gearchart.com/ncsw
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 PM   #25
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 676
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default ha ha

You got beat by a slower brushed motor! Anybody that thinks the brushless are equal to brushed have sniffed to much paragon.Why does 13.5 x 2 equal 27 but the 10.5 x 2 equals 21 seems fishy to me.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:40 PM   #26
Tech Master
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
...Why does 13.5 x 2 equal 27 but the 10.5 x 2 equals 21 seems fishy to me.
It smells fishy cause you forgot to bathe
__________________
I used to be a spitter, now I'm a swallower. I graduated.
linger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #27
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

You guys find the 10.5 to be faster than a 19T?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
You got beat by a slower brushed motor! Anybody that thinks the brushless are equal to brushed have sniffed to much paragon.Why does 13.5 x 2 equal 27 but the 10.5 x 2 equals 21 seems fishy to me.
Don't fear the future Texas hand wash boy
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #29
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

We've got one or two brushed guys that are holding out against the "brushless brigade" as well. It's cute. :-) It sucks when they win though, they get all uppity! At least we have plenty of time to tease them between rounds while they true and rebrush trying to keep up with the 13.5's. The guys have a good attitude about it, they feel like it pushes them to tune their motors better and drive harder.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #30
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboxrayt1fk05
well more issues with brushless 13.5 motors , here is my dilema , just found out from a NOVAK rep that even though they say is ROAR approved they only talking about the winds in the motor which i didnt know , where am i getting with this next week there will be a ROAR event at the track that i race at and i'm not going to be able to use the 13.5 even though novak says is similar to a 27-turn racing stock brush motor because ROAR doesn't allow brushless motors (13.5) to
be race in stock class , ONLY IN MODIFIED CLASS , if this new motor is similar to
a 27-turn motor why cant be put head to head with brushed stock motors , [email protected]@@k ROAR
The sintered rotor 13.5 is quite bit faster than a 27T motor no matter what Novak says. ROAR did the right thing by not allowing mixed classes. If they did everyone would have to run out and replace all their speedos and motors with more expensive (at least up front cost wise) brushless systems to be competitive.

I am sure there will be a ROAR 13.5 BL Stock and 10.5 BL Spec Mod class for 2008. If you guys want to make sure that happens those of you that are ROAR members better start letting ROAR know what you want. Email your region directors and the ROAR ExCom to let them know what you want to see rule wise for 2008.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor al spina R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-28-2008 08:13 AM
Novak SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless Motor veecee Australia For Sale/Trade 5 08-14-2007 05:15 AM
Brand new brushless motors- 4.5r and ss13.5 andrew-01 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 44 07-07-2007 09:29 PM
Novak GTB/SS13.5 Pro Stock Brushless System atomapapa R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 06-28-2007 01:14 PM
WTB Novak GTB Brushless system with SS13.5 Motor OVA R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 10 05-11-2007 09:32 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net