R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My little ones can build lego castles much quicker than I can. I think they should go pro. I'm pretty pissed about it. Maybe I should slam my fist into a table breaking it....I could be like the number 1 toy car racer in the nation right now! Yippie!!!!!!
jrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Give everyone their own class this way, everyone wins and no one loses.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #33
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
If ROAR or other race directors do anything they should make put a rule in place that if you make the top 5 in any of the stock classes in the last year the following 2 years you are not allowed to race stock….you can only race 19t and or mod. This would force people to move on to the higher classes.
You'll never be able to tell someone where that can or can't race. They'll simply skip the ROAR race and go to Vegas, Cleveland, or Snowbirds where they can race where they want.

An easier solution would the "1 class" rule. If you have a foam sedan, you can race either stock, 19T, or Mod. Only one. This keeps the mod guys out of 19T, and gets some (not all) of the guys out of stock. If you want to race another class, get a 1/12 or run in a rubber sedan class if offered.

Unfortunately, this won't happen either for the above mentioned reason. People would just skip that race and go to one where they can run as many as they want. It also means potentially less revenue from entry fees, so track owners won't like it.

So until all the race directors/organizers find a way to cooperate, it will be the status quo.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #34
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrighter
Should grown men really be crying about an f-ing toy car?
On A club level NO. But on a professional level Yes. The competitive level on a lesser scale is no less than that of F1. Rules are good in order to compete.

Even if we were Hot Wheel racing there would be weight limit.
On a club level we would be racing to decide what weight limit is faster.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #35
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Thats kinda like saying we don't need another kind of motor. (Brushless)
A class Like this would end the argument. You enter the sponsored class? ITs your bad. You enter the in nonsponsored club level class you cant cry.
We should keep in mind that a thread like this can help in an effort to pacify both classes of racers. Not everyone is mod racer level or we wouldn't hear this kind of talk. Some good in put in here will help rule makers out.
Oooo! Fine then !

Have it your way ...

Mod = only sponsored driver`s ...

Stock = non sponsored driver`s ..
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I hear all this paid drivers stuff.
who is a paid driver in stock?????? I know them all and cant think of one.
bonus plan... yeah alot of companies have that...
when the average guy with poor talent and no hand eye coordination
is looking for what brushes to run to go faster
or what set up to start out with in stock
or what to charge their batteries at in 19t or stock
I think they should greatful they have an answer because all this stuff was tested by many at whatever the last large race was.
I think for a company to have an answer for these questions is worth a couple bucks.
Mo Denton
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:39 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, it's pretty simple really:
Stock class refers to motor speed, not skill level. Running 19T or mod costs more because you'll go through tires at least 3X faster. Therefore, drivers should not be forced to race 19T or mod just because they are good.

However, Pros should not run in the "Sportsman" classes. "Sportsman" class is referring to lower skill levels.
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
You'll never be able to tell someone where that can or can't race. They'll simply skip the ROAR race and go to Vegas, Cleveland, or Snowbirds where they can race where they want.

An easier solution would the "1 class" rule. If you have a foam sedan, you can race either stock, 19T, or Mod. Only one. This keeps the mod guys out of 19T, and gets some (not all) of the guys out of stock. If you want to race another class, get a 1/12 or run in a rubber sedan class if offered.

Unfortunately, this won't happen either for the above mentioned reason. People would just skip that race and go to one where they can run as many as they want. It also means potentially less revenue from entry fees, so track owners won't like it.

So until all the race directors/organizers find a way to cooperate, it will be the status quo.
You can enforce rules about past results you just need to have the stones to step up and enforce it. Like you said and I said ROAR and all other Race directors IE...Snowbirds, IIC, Novak Race and Cleveland need to do something if anything is going to be done. The Reedy race kind of has something like this in place for the winner in each class but it could easily be expanded to the top 5 or top 3.

Like you said you wont see any races going to a 1 class rule as now these same races that "dont make money" will make even less as there will be less entries. So the entry fee would double to make up for the lack of entries and that would raise even more hell then this thread or a lipo debate.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can see someone getting paid taking it a little more serious but for the most part it's still grown men playing with toy cars. I do it, and love it. I'm somewhat competitive but for the most part I realize it is what it is.. A HOBBY! Do I want to win, heck ya! Do I really care if I get beat week after week from the same guy that should be pro.. No. I may care at the time but I'm not going to stew on it all day and post something on the internet about it. I have a job, wife and kids. This is my relaxing time. If I were good enough to be deemed a "pro driver" I wouldn't move up. Maybe I don't want to go to every event, maybe my real job and family are more important. Look at it this way... A good portion of these "pro toy car controllers" are in their late twenties and over and live at home with mommy and daddy. Yeah, I look up to that. I'd rather look up to a skid mark in my underwear. I call them controllers because they aren't actually in the car driving..
jrighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #40
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Oooo! Fine then !

Have it your way ...

Mod = only sponsored driver`s ...

Stock = non sponsored driver`s ..
Now your talking solution to the question. But with the optional brushless we have an option to consider. We are entering a new era of racing that could help separate one from another and make our hobby even bigger. That is all of our goals. We can all be happy. The proper officials will read this stuff and a lot of mumbo jumbo will make it tuffer.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:46 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Another big race is over, someone didn't finish where he/she thought they should so here we have another thread to "move up few of guys so I can finish where I thought I should have been, instead of me working to improve my skills or just excepting they ARE BETTER THAN ME" LOL
Old 03-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #42
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm not sure what damage is done with spnsored drivers at big races or nationals. Not many people can travel to those events anyway. In our region the factory drivers never enter stock at club races. Around here they always enter mod or 19t if we don't have a mod class
Mike Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #43
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Paid racers = paid pros...

No different then Bass fishing, bowlers, NASCAR, NBA, etc.....
You get the picture.....
Does it really matter if its a 27, 23, 19 or 8 turn motor? No really....
Which would you choose?

1. Winning a club race and finishing ahead of a semi-sponsored racer?
2. Regional race and finishing ahead of a sponsored racer?
3. National event and finishing ahead of a factory racer in a A main?

Now lets change the 3 choices.....
1. Same as above but this time its a series and $300 is top prize?
2. Same as above but you get a new TC5 kit with all the extras?
3. Same as above but you get a trophy plus $100?

Me, 2 then 1....

Should we classify racers or equipment they have/use?

Cars have become engineering marvels, radios have gotton to the point where they tell you when to turn, batteries now can almost lightup a small town, speed controllers that can be peogrammed for any track or condition, motors have more HP the the orginal model T...
Look at what we race on... Carpet, indoor asphalt, its so smooth you could roll a quarter for ever....

Whats the only thing that has not changed???

The racers... They still want to race... And win... And complain... And yell and scream if they lose... And come back every week to race....

And why do they come back... Cuz its racing.... Competition is what drives us to try and get better.. faster... quicker...

Yep, this hobby has it's problems but its my hobby... I will try and make a small difference at the track I race at. I will help the new racers in any way I can even if tey beat me... Because they are the future of this hobby people, and don't forget that..

No new racers and this hobby will die a slow death....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #44
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer

Yep, this hobby has it's problems but its my hobby... I will try and make a small difference at the track I race at. I will help the new racers in any way I can even if tey beat me... Because they are the future of this hobby people, and don't forget that..

No new racers and this hobby will die a slow death....
I feel the same way!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #45
Tech Adept

LMFAO at this thread... ITS A NATIONAL EVENT.. Who should win.. Best/fastest guy reguardless of sponsorship.. I laugh anymore at RC racing because more and more people cry because after 10 minutes of work they expect to OWN a class.. Ive been racing for years.. Ive had fast times and slow times.. I get beaten down sometimes..sometimes I dont.. BUT If Im going to WIN A NATIONAL EVENT>>I want to do it against the BEST,,, Not the best of the non sponsored or the best of the novice..

Why should this be any different than anything else.. I dont recall seeing NON SPONSORED downhill skiing at the last winter olympics.. As such I also dont expect to start skiing next week and qualify to compete at the next games.. ( Fill in the blank with any sport) ..

Compared to when I started in the late 80's as a youngster I could care less about winning the A-Main.. Back then I had fun racing and bettering myself. I still have my J-main ribbons from back then. People now start up..think that they should easily win after 2 weeks of racing. and whine when they dont.. USUALLY the guys whining are the ones who show up 1 hour before the racing starts.

When I lose I KNOW WHY... I KNOW why the guy who won did..They had a better car/drove better/put more time in/etc.. But if/when I ever win something BIG.. Id want to do it against the best>>Then you know you have actually acomplished something.
Sean Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote