R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Like someone previously posted you don't see too much pub for a Stock national champion in other classes except for Sedan.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:23 PM   #287
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

No I couldnt of spent half as much and won becasue more than half was Hotel, Plane, and Food, and Entries. But that is the deal with going to a big race, dont waste your time and money if you dont think you can compete or will be disappointed if you cant, becasue I have been let down more than once. But I go to have fun as much as Race, becasue again that is why I got back into racing after 8 years off. You could buy everything of the shelf that I had on/in my car though, batteries included. They had sticks as good/better than the one I used in the case at the birds.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #288
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
No I couldnt of spent half as much and won becasue more than half was Hotel, Plane, and Food, and Entries. But that is the deal with going to a big race, dont waste your time and money if you dont think you can compete or will be disappointed if you cant, becasue I have been let down more than once. You could buy everything of the shelf that I had on/in my car though, batteries included. They had sticks as good/better than the one I used in the case at the birds.
Your post kinda came off as "you have to spend a lot of money to win". But yeah just to go is a lot of money.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #289
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

This thread is really ready for a "DELETE"...
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:31 PM   #290
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag
Andy.. Just wanted to say great runs at Nats....
Thank you sir. After a 5 to 6 year retirement it felt good to be back at a big race and I'm looking forward to more. Making the mains sure helped
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #291
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

No I just meant it isnt cheap to run at the top level of anything. If all the "factory stock" drivers moved up to 19turn/mod, there would always be a guy better than everyone else, that can buy the best stuff and drive better, thats how it goes. Then that person will move up and so on and so forth but where's that cutoff. When should you move up. If you go to 2 races a year and win both or if you go to 4 raced and win one and suck in the rest. What? I think people shouldn't feel bad being in the B and C and lower mains. I was in the C main in 19 turn at the birds will all the factory guys and I was super happy with that, I wished I would of done better becasue I could of but I was not dissappointed. I think its all relevant, if there are 10 people in stock racing that have won multiple "big" races then The top of the B or C should get your reconized if you are good enough. And there are only 10 spots in the A main. I have only made one stock main in 4 races. I have been fast enough at all of the other races but drove crappy and cant blame anything else. I will admit that, usually the only thing holding back a particular racer is themselves.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #292
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Lets just figure out a handicapping system You get bonus points for spending less and doing well...

One of our local fast guys has an interesting perspective on it. He tries to run the most inexpensive stuff he can to show the new guys it isnt really all about the money (sure the extra .1s are) but that it is mostly about the driving. It really helps people realize they need to spend more time practicing and less time on equipment. Its funny watching the $150 TA05 beating the $450 RDXs.

This is all just interesting debate. Its surprising how polarizing it is. Even amongst the current fast stock racers and former fast stock racers.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #293
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I have no problems with the "pro", "factory", "sponsored" drivers running stock. That just means I can hack the pros as much as i can the less skilled and financed... seriously, racing with the best only elevates your game...

keep this debate out of 1/8 open racing!

It's nitro season!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #294
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFCJ
I have no problems with the "pro", "factory", "sponsored" drivers running stock. That just means I can hack the pros as much as i can the less skilled and financed... seriously, racing with the best only elevates your game...

keep this debate out of 1/8 open racing!

It's nitro season!!!

I was told that 1/8th will have a new stock class running sedan .12 engines.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #295
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

As long as the factory drivers are in there own factory class they should be able to run any motor they want. A factory stock would be a good way to define it.
You want to beat the pro's sign up. It sounds like there are two classes to every class? Make a third. Factory, Club and Beginner. Thats the level of racing that should be the level of classes.

Last edited by UN4RACING; 03-20-2007 at 09:19 AM.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #296
Tech Fanatic

2 Classes

Stock for Beginners/Unsponsored

Modified for Experts/Sponsored

Just that Simple Really
dmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #297
Tech Fanatic

All the fast Stock racers claim it's not Equipment it's all Driving. OK, of course you are all great Drivers! No Really you are! Whats your excuse for not going to Modified? Since it is 90% Driving and 10% Equipment or however you guys put it.........
Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #298
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One good excuse is cost. Have you ever run 19T or modified? You will go through tires like butter.

"Stock" is referring to motor speed, not skill level.
"Sportsman" on the other hand is for beginners. Pro's and sponsored drivers should not be in a "Sportsman" class, but they can run Stock speeds whenever they wish.

Last edited by James35; 03-20-2007 at 01:06 PM.
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:00 PM   #299
Tech Fanatic

"Pro" Stock Drivers are not Paying for Tires, Batteries or Motors If they are.....They are Paying 1/2 of what Regular Joe is Paying for them
Old 03-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #300
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As a race director, I get beginners - intermediate racers coming to me and requesting to kick out the better drivers to a different class. The more I think about it, the more I realize this is a pride issue. Some people would rather be at the top of the "Sportsman" class than in the bottom of the "Intermediate" class. Some people would rather be at the top of the "Intermediate" class rather than at the bottom of the "Pro" class. They want more options of skill level classes so there is a chance they can get to the top of the smaller group.

I mean, let's be honest, when you go home, do you like telling your wife, "Yeah, I dominated the Intermediate races today, and I'm winning to points series". Or can you swallow your pride and say, "I'm doing great, but there is still more to learn. There are a still a few guys I cannot beat yet, but I'm getting closer."
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote