Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should Pro Drivers Be Racing In Stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Andy.. Just wanted to say great runs at Nats....
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555
I just dont get it.

Complain Complain.

Your slow because you suck...you dont win because you suck....you cant make top 30 at a nationals because you suck....it is that simple.

I just dont get why people have such a hard time accepting this.

I have raced club raced with top guys over the years (Dumas, Smyka and now Langlois and Strasnick) Equipment doesnt matter it is only a small part of a total package...like 10%. I have used their cars,batteries etc. The equipment is not making the difference. If you can run .1-.2 in laps times against them then it may be the batteries and motor etc other than that it is YOU!

Your slow because you lack the skill and knowledge to go faster or drive faster.

It is not rocket science. Lots of practice equals results. The other drivers in the class and the equipment are not the problem..it is you. Look at a guy like Jarrod Langlois...he put in a ton of hours and guess what he won the stock nats.

You know what they say...the first part to solving the problem is admitting you have one.

Repeat....I am slow because I suck....accept it and move on.

Jamie

Let me clue up in sinsce you said you don't get it.

The USA was built upon "bitching" and "complainers". Without any of those so called "complainers", we would still be subjects of the Queen.

If "complaining" was good enough for our Founding Fathers, then "complaining" should be good enough for the lowly stock driver.

Don't like the complaining? Move to CUBA where no body complains unless they want to dissapear.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Sounds like a bunch of fun and laughs!! I'll do my best to make it Paul.
It will be great time. Hope you can make it!!!

Paul
Old 03-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555
I just dont get it.

Complain Complain.

Your slow because you suck...you dont win because you suck....you cant make top 30 at a nationals because you suck....it is that simple.

I just dont get why people have such a hard time accepting this.

I have raced club raced with top guys over the years (Dumas, Smyka and now Langlois and Strasnick) Equipment doesnt matter it is only a small part of a total package...like 10%. I have used their cars,batteries etc. The equipment is not making the difference. If you can run .1-.2 in laps times against them then it may be the batteries and motor etc other than that it is YOU!

Your slow because you lack the skill and knowledge to go faster or drive faster.

It is not rocket science. Lots of practice equals results. The other drivers in the class and the equipment are not the problem..it is you. Look at a guy like Jarrod Langlois...he put in a ton of hours and guess what he won the stock nats.

You know what they say...the first part to solving the problem is admitting you have one.

Repeat....I am slow because I suck....accept it and move on.

Jamie

People that Truly Suck are Sandbagging Cherrypicking Beeeeeeeotches! You would think people would want to move onto Bigger and Better things after a Few "Stock" National Championships/Cleveland/Vegas Races....Must be a Self Gratification Thing I guess????????? Would'nt Supercross Suck if the Bubba's, Carmichaels, McGrath's sat back and tore up the Lites Classes for 10 years???? I suppose thats the Difference Between Motocrossers and Toy Car Racers Though.

Dax
Old 03-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Ah that's funny. Shall I rephrase it for you??

"This, and an invitational stock race for factory pro drivers? I very surprised at this attitude and can hardly believe the direction TC racing is taking."

Rick Hohwart for ROAR President.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Dax,

Check your pm's..

Later,
Rob
Old 03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This is better then TV well at least when 24 is not on
Old 03-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
This is better then TV well at least when 24 is not on

Oh yeah that is Another thing.........the 24* never Seems to be on
Old 03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think your missing the point of the post.

By the way the guys you listed would still be fast if they were not on a full factory bike...maybe a little slower but still better than 99% of the other racers. That is my point. Changing rules and limiting entries is silly.

For what ever reason some people have the mind set that if they are not winning it a result of someone else equipment not their lack of skill. Or the fact that he or she is not "factory".

I guess it just the state of society....everybody gets a gold star...everybody is a winner...everybody gets a ribbon.

Maybe the onroad gas guys are onto something....one class. No more excuses.

Or just race tcs. No factory guys and the racing is still fun. Oh yeah you will still get beat by the guy that is more prepared.

I think EddieO should start the national program of "See if you can beat Travis with his factory equipment." (as posted earlier)

Simple rules. Travis is sent to your local track. He gives you his car...Travis takes your car. Travis then laps you with your car. Game...set...match.

Arguement over and all the "nonfactory" guys can get back to what is important...practice.

Jamie
Old 03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have top stuff.. Man I still can't win.. Well gota go. Must get wrenching...
Old 03-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
I have top stuff.. Man I still can't win.. Well gota go. Must get wrenching...
Right on...me to.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I won the snowbirds in stock, I'll send you my bill, from the week, You will probably get sick. You dont have to be "factory" sponsored to win a race, you just have to be dedicated whether it be prepared to spend some money to be fast, investing alot of time in car and race prep and dediaction to driving and practice.

And sorry to say this, but some people, no matter how much they try/spend/practice will ever be that good. It seems as only certain people have the "Talent" to take it to the next level, and this isnt meant to sound cocky its just life, I practiced my ass off at many things in my life and was mediocore at best at most of them.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

I find it funny that some guys get into this hobby to be the best. Not one starts out wanting to be the top stock driver. They want to dominate mod. Several years later when they dominate the local or national stock races all of a sudden there content. I can see no problem with sponsored racers in stock initially. But I would hope, that sponsored or not they would have the courage to run mod after doing well in stock.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I dont think anyone really gets into rc at all to be the best, you get into it for Fun, at least I did. Then the snowball effect happens. You get sucked into the vortex of racing, especially those with addictive personalities like myself. When one win or one fast lap isnt fast enough. I have been to 4 national level races and plan to continue to race stock indefinatley or at least till I do well at another race or 2 but I also aspire to have a top finish in 19 turn more than anything now. Casue I personally like it better. But mod is truly on another level for most people.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I won the snowbirds in stock, I'll send you my bill, from the week, You will probably get sick. You dont have to be "factory" sponsored to win a race, you just have to be dedicated whether it be prepared to spend some money to be fast, investing alot of time in car and race prep and dediaction to driving and practice.

And sorry to say this, but some people, no matter how much they try/spend/practice will ever be that good. It seems as only certain people have the "Talent" to take it to the next level, and this isnt meant to sound cocky its just life, I practiced my ass off at many things in my life and was mediocore at best at most of them.
Could have you spent half as much and won? How much did spending all that money (presumably on equipment) help? I think a lot of the "pros" in stock class debate is more about people want a class where you dont have to spend $1000 for a single race to compete and have fun. Dunno.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.