R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #151
Suspended

Well, "Beaver" and "tight running shorts" together by themselves is pretty good.

But when you add Seaball to the mix.........

That's like putting sardines on a hot fudge sundae.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #152
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastguy1
well said...
and NO you cant have 5 bucks, my boy is breaking me!!!!
Mo
Dang...not getting any royalties from your latest endorsement?

Old 03-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

No I had to give it up..with me being a "pro"cheeseburger namer
to many small restaurants that couldnt compete were complaining to much
Mo
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:58 PM   #154
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmooth
Dang...not getting any royalties from your latest endorsement?

I must say for the time frame this came up....pretty good.....nice work....
"I vowed to never let this happen.."
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #155
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
I must say for the time frame this came up....pretty good.....nice work....
Now available at a Red Robin near you.

Honest!

"A cheese lover's dream. A char-broiled burger patty topped with Swiss, Provolone, Parmesean and Bleu cheeses. Garnished with green leaf lettuce, tomato, red onion and garlic mayo on rustic ciabatta bread."
Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #156
Tech Addict

I might have to goto a Red Robin and try a "Mo" Burger.....thats 100% Beef right?

man, I want my name on something......

Leftout in ohio....
Old 03-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #157
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
man, I want my name on something......
Old 03-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #158
Tech Addict

to easy...and they don't "pay" that well...OOPS! the secret is out!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:17 PM   #159
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mo burger... thats good....

Old 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't think the complaint here is about getting beaten. It is a matter of getting to a certain level, and these guys running in stock, getting free equipment and free travel staying there and picking on the amateur racers. This is the equivalent of being in highshool and feeling great because you beat the heck out of the middle school kids in a game of PIG. Yeah you won, whoo hoo! You beat a bunch of stock racers! Good, get your check. Again I don't believe this is the drivers' fault, but rather the manufacturers that pay them to pick on their customers. It is so obvious to see that this is not really good business practices.

Stock has always been the beginner class period. You start giving people free trips and contingencies and you give an incentive to people to stay in a category in which they can get "paid". If the manufacturers focused more on mod racers and say gave contingencies to people up to the B and C-Main in Modified, you would grow the modified class, Give the stock class back to the beginner/amateur driver and allow for better development of these "Stock Class Pros" and our Modified drivers as well. It has been proven that these guys can do it, recently Jeff Cuffs and Bobby Flack have moved up with great success, stepping it up. They are still gonna get paid, (probably more) and they are showing they are there to stay. All this has to start with the manufacturers and the race organizers, promoting the higher classes and providing better incentives there to do so. You can't blame a guy for racing something he/she gets paid for or gets free stuff from (specially if they are being told to do so), but you CAN say that it isn't fair to the amateur drivers to have to face guys with heavy factory support. "Pro"-stock racers are simply out of place. They belong in 19 and Mod, but they will keep racing stock as long as they keep getting paid.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #161
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush
It has been proven that these guys can do it, recently Jeff Cuffs and Bobby Flack have moved up with great success, stepping it up. They are still gonna get paid, (probably more) and they are showing they are there to stay.
That would be Jeff Dayger...Not Cuff's. Ray Darroch has also made the move in the past 2 years or so and done well after dominating stock.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #162
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I don't think the complaint here is about getting beaten. It is a matter of getting to a certain level, and these guys running in stock, getting free equipment and free travel staying there and picking on the amateur racers. This is the equivalent of being in highshool and feeling great because you beat the heck out of the middle school kids in a game of PIG. Yeah you won, whoo hoo! You beat a bunch of stock racers! Good, get your check. Again I don't believe this is the drivers' fault, but rather the manufacturers that pay them to pick on their customers. It is so obvious to see that this is not really good business practices.

Stock has always been the beginner class period. You start giving people free trips and contingencies and you give an incentive to people to stay in a category in which they can get "paid". If the manufacturers focused more on mod racers and say gave contingencies to people up to the B and C-Main in Modified, you would grow the modified class, Give the stock class back to the beginner/amateur driver and allow for better development of these "Stock Class Pros" and our Modified drivers as well. It has been proven that these guys can do it, recently Jeff Cuffs and Bobby Flack have moved up with great success, stepping it up. They are still gonna get paid, (probably more) and they are showing they are there to stay. All this has to start with the manufacturers and the race organizers, promoting the higher classes and providing better incentives there to do so. You can't blame a guy for racing something he/she gets paid for or gets free stuff from (specially if they are being told to do so), but you CAN say that it isn't fair to the amateur drivers to have to face guys with heavy factory support. "Pro"-stock racers are simply out of place. They belong in 19 and Mod, but they will keep racing stock as long as they keep getting paid.
Well said, I think that most racers dumps lot's of cash to be fast for this reason. And Pro driver do have equipment that most regulars can't get, stock racing is here to stay and any guy that wins a national or major event in stock should be forced to move to 19T and let the next fast guy prove himslef. No one should be discuraged to be the best at what ever they do, but I see that some guys that posted on this thread don't want to here anyone's opinion but there own, I know at one time this topic came up but it seem buy the comments from racers this is a subject that needs to be discussed, like it or not it will come up again.

Thanks for the post, good or bad.
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:07 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

EA, thanks for the correction. I don't follow or participate in 10th scale electric racing touring as much as I used to. Heck, last National I went to was in 2000 in Jacksonville. Might have attended some more if they had been sponsoring stock touring car guys back then hehehe
Old 03-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #164
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

i would like to know how much do you guys think we get for winning a stock race i can tell you its not that much unless you run for a certain company out of washington (and i liekwhat he is doing stock sells) i will help you guyas out on this one i really dont pay for much but i still have a two to three hundred dollar bill at my hobby shop every month and i have won almost every 1/12 stock race this country has but the nats and i have taken hom eabout a grand total i know mod guy that get that bonus from one company .. why wont i move up simple the mod guys i used to run with dont race any more or moved to texas so now i have no way to pace my self ..
Old 03-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #165
Tech Addict

smyka killed a man once with his words.....I saw it, and have the scars to prove it!