R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K

Personally I donít care that they are in stock I would just like to see some of them move on to give the complacent mod drivers a run for their "money"....not so there is more room in the main for me. Personally I would race mod all the time but at the tracks and with the people around my neck of the woods it is not conducive to racing mod on a regular basis and I know that some of the "Paid Stock" racers are in this boat as well. Itís too hard to race mod at national events with out any real sort of practice so some still race stock. But on the other hand if there were rules in place to make these same drivers move on to the higher classes well then there might be more mod racing all around and it would be more competitive with out the same 10 people in the main at each race nationally here in the US.
Good point. It might also make the U.S. more competitve on an international level. With the exception of one or two guys that always make the main, in general ROAR drivers have been getting waxed running modified touring at the recent IFMAR/ international competitions. On the other hand, europeans come over here and beat us at carpet modified racing, even though they run rubber vs. foam. This has a lot to do with the fact that their top guys ONLY run modified.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #137
BJ
Tech Apprentice

Have you ever thought that Modified is no longer looked at as the 'Top Class' in TC anymore.
I don't think that guys in stock class should be made to move up as I see Modified is a straight line game.
Stock racers carry a lot more corner speed than the mod guys, I have seen this with my own eyes.
You do not need the best cells in the world for stock, get the most out of your motor and if the guy next to you is faster down the straight, I bet 100 bucks that he went through the last corner a lot faster (car setup)

2 cents worth man!
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Modified is still, and always will be the top class in TC. You don't see the IFMAR stock world championship do you?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:32 AM   #139
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mainracer

''Stock racers carry a lot more corner speed than the mod guys'' huh ?

AE / Reedy / LRP

KOpropo / Much-More / Parma PSE / Protoform / APS ceramic Bearing / BawdyShop / Fastcats / Dekelz
mainracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #140
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

If Mod is no longer looked at as the top class then Tosso, Baker, Lemiuex, Dumas, Burch etc are all getting paid to race the wrong class and are racing in the wrong class.....same thing goes for all the people that are salary racers around the world. Then these same salary drivers would be racing stock now instead of mod. Mod still has the top slot and until you see these guys racing stock all the time then mod is where the big dogs run.

If mod was a straight line game then it would be easy to hang on to a car flying straight around the track. I think most people dont have issues with going straight....its the turning part that most of us fail at.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #141
Tech Adept

"Stock racers carry a lot more corner speed than the mod guys, I have seen this with my own eyes."

You better go get your eyes checked.........
12thScaleCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #142
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thScaleCrazy
"Stock racers carry a lot more corner speed than the mod guys, I have seen this with my own eyes."

You better go get your eyes checked.........
He's actually half right. But you have to compare apples to apples. You can't compare Joe Local stock racer to Paul Lemieux.

There's only SO fast you can get your car around a corner. Your car's cornering speed is limited by the traction it gets. If you go too fast...you just wash-out or traction roll. It depends on what "corner" you're talking about....a high speed sweeper or a tight hairpin?

Whether you have a stock motor or a modified motor in the car...there's still a maximum speed in which a car will make a turn. If you take one car and race in both classes with the same setup, the cornering speeds in a tight hairpin will be very, very similar.

Guys that run stock and 19turn with the same setup find they have to lift in the tight turns. Why? Because your car doesn't suddenly start making more or less grip because you swap a motor. Same with the ones that race 19Turn and mod....many are using brakes in mod, where in 19Turn they just have to lift with the same setup.
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #143
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

So why wont some of these top stock guys move up to mod? Ive heard some of them say they dont have the reaction time to be able to do it. But what are other reasons?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:40 PM   #144
Tech Adept

"There's only SO fast you can get your car around a corner. Your car's cornering speed is limited by the traction it gets. If you go too fast...you just wash-out or traction roll. It depends on what "corner" you're talking about....a high speed sweeper or a tight hairpin?"

I agree with you on very tight corners and 180's, but I wasn't arguing that point. I was quoting......

Not true.
12thScaleCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #145
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

i know of a stock racer that get a pay check MO i will tell you but then i will have to kill you hahaha.

i am with mo all the way here sure i get stuff for free i have won a couple stock races still searching for my first national title but i pay for my travel,hotel room ,entry fee and food for the week so why should i move up to run in the b or c main for a year or so and not make any money to help pay for some of the races i go to.

hey MO can i get 5 bucks for every home run to i am good
Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #146
Tech Addict

Ok you are all going to get my 2cents.....

SHUT UP AND RACE.....

People who know me will understand this...If you want to race stock then race stock, what ever class you want to compete in, DO IT! Don't cry about others having advantages you don't. If you want to throw down with the worlds best go do it, figure out what it takes to be that good, look at the time spent learning setups, and tuning. Mod guys stock guys who ever! It will amaze you what a little WORK and EFFORT might get you! I have been racing for a while, and I know that the WORK you put into something gives you the RESULTS you are looking for. Some guys run Masters classes so they don't have to race in the loaded stock or mod fields, GREAT GO DO IT! Have fun, but don't blame the system! I don't hear Masters guy's crying about Eli kicking there a$$ all the time, and he can run with anybody in stock! In a few last words...

SHUT IT, PUT THE CAR ON THE TRACK AND DO SOMETING! IF YOU ARE SCARED OF A DRIVER IN A FANCY SHIRT AND WITH WAY TO MANY DECALS ON HIS BODY MAYBE RACING IS NOT FOR YOU. I PERSONALY LIKE IT WHEN I BEAT SOME OF THOSE GUYS.....it does happen every now and then....AND I THINK MORE RACERS NEED TO STEP TO THAT TEST!

let's put it this way, it's like gym class, everyone has to climb the rope. And everyone starts at the bottom. DO you think these guys woke up one morning and companys started handing them products and checks? NO THEY EARN IT... If that is what you want to do in your life, find a track and put your car down and goto work!

Everyone got it?

GREAT!
and for you people who love to know names...

Mike Wise-the guy who lost a race becase he was not beating everyone else by 1sec I wanted 2! Mo you were there...Beaver..summertime, Seaball had those tight running shorts on....
"I vowed to never let this happen.."
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

standing ovation and salute-
Old 03-14-2007, 01:33 PM   #148
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Seaball had those tight running shorts on....
Should sponsored drivers be wearing tight running shorts?!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #149
Tech Regular

Beaver, Seaball and tight running shorts should never be in the same line of a post.

Bad mental images...
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:50 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyka
i know of a stock racer that get a pay check MO i will tell you but then i will have to kill you hahaha.

i am with mo all the way here sure i get stuff for free i have won a couple stock races still searching for my first national title but i pay for my travel,hotel room ,entry fee and food for the week so why should i move up to run in the b or c main for a year or so and not make any money to help pay for some of the races i go to.

hey MO can i get 5 bucks for every home run to i am good
well said...
and NO you cant have 5 bucks, my boy is breaking me!!!! (but I guess he should since he's a pro)
Mo
Mo Denton is offline   Reply With Quote