R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2007, 12:04 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

yeah im pretty sure that driver was chris doseck.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:06 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
funny shit...
Old 03-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #18
Tech Elite

even if there was a limitations on the batteries, its not going to stop them from being released... reason being is there are alot more people that are in this hobby just for the fun of it.. its not just made up of the people who attend roar races... the non racer wants the best also and they are going to get the new batteries just to have them.. also for more runtime....

i like to see all the new cells coming out... it just means our stuff is going to be faster and run faster for longer.. more runtime for me means more fun..

but i guess you want the rule to be everyone at the races has to run 1400 scr matched packs.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Guys, lets face the reality. Racing is all about money. With sound financial backup, one can utilise the best driver, equipments, manpower and etc. Try giving Ferrari the budget of Minardi...see where they stand at the end of the season.
Benny Lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'm friends with a lot of team racers and seen their packs. I've seen local club racers with the same numbers or better on their packs.

In my opinion you are putting WAY too much emphasis on the batteries. Any of the guys in the A-Main at Snowbirds, IIC, ROAR nationals, etc could win with any pack bought off the shelf at your LHS.

I've seen the packs that br00d sells and the ones they give to their drivers, they are not very far off if not identical.

This crap about the battery war will never be over, mostly because of people like you perpetuating it.

Forcing a halt on battery technology is the absolute WRONG answer.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Completely clueless....

Just ask my region and other regions whenthe 3800 were the max, but everyone had 4200 cells......multiple regional events were failures, cause nobody had or wanted to buy old packs...

Later EddieO

My point exactly
Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #22
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggity

Too funny fatman too bad what you said isnt even close, stay on the subject bro
Off subject .... you said this....

"I gaurantee if you took the voltages away from most of the team drivers that are always in the A-mains and gave them some average Joe stuff then they would struggle horribly!!! "

And I said your wrong... how is that off your topic? If you dont want people to comment on your posts dont include statements like the one above that most will dissagree with.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:34 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
Off subject .... you said this....

"I gaurantee if you took the voltages away from most of the team drivers that are always in the A-mains and gave them some average Joe stuff then they would struggle horribly!!! "

And I said your wrong... how is that off your topic? If you dont want people to comment on your posts dont include statements like the one above that most will dissagree with.

My bad, I wasnt tryin to go down that route . I wasnt intending on complaining about the team stuff, that came out wrong...
Old 03-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #24
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Completely clueless....

You fly out to washington with a brand new SMC hobby purschaed 4200WC.......I will give you the pack straight out of travis's car that won nats this weekend, and I guarantee he laps you with the packs you bring.....if he doesn't, I will pay your ticket and give you a $1000 cash.

And while there are guys out there who can do well at the races, if they came and did well and put forth the effort, they would get the top packs too.

As a major motor/battery company, I can tell you, with the new IB stuff for over the last year or so, the customer and team stuff isn't a very big difference, if any at all.....I am often able to sell packs to customers with the same numbers.....

As for putting rules on it, what we have in place right now, still isn't working. Our batteries are stolen tech.....they are made for drills or whatever. These companies will continue to improve their product for those industries and we just get to pirate them......

What happens when you start making rules slowing technology to a halt is that the local tracks and bashers will ignore it.....they will say screw ROAR or IFMAR.....the non sanctioned big races (which are bigger anyways) will allow them.....so basically, all that ends up happening is ROAR race attendance suffers....then membership suffers.....yay! good job!

Just ask my region and other regions whenthe 3800 were the max, but everyone had 4200 cells......multiple regional events were failures, cause nobody had or wanted to buy old packs...

And really, the IB4200 has been out for over a year.....while they have updated it some, the WC version has been out for 6 months....and there is nothing new on the horizon at this point....

If you want a cheap hobby, try rock paper scissors....they even have world championships.

Later EddieO
When Travis begins to get podium finishes in the Pro Modiflied Class I`ll believe you ...
For now his results have alway been in stock where the equipment make the differents ..

Doublt even the better team drivers in the 19t class even have the best of the best, motor`s and packs Travis has from you..

prove me wrong with a top three with pro`s in mod, please Eddie....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Like jenkins said, racing is a small part of the hobby......Bobby Joe redneck wants his emaxx to run as long and as fast as possible on the track he made in his backyard....which leads to....

Companies releasing bigger and better packs.....or even new technologies like lipo or whatever the new goodness is...Bobby Joe buys and goes faster

So, say racing makes up 20% of the hobby....

If I sell 100 cells, 80 are going to Bobby Joe and his cousins......20 to the racers. So who do you think I am gonna cater my product line to? So the racers are stuck buying those cells......and those are what gets submitted for racing....

Racing drives the market too though, cause it gets more publicity.....but these bigger and faster packs would still show up anyways....

So your POINT about regionals wasn't made by my statement.....what your attempting to do, will only WORSEN the problem.....guaranteed....ROAR rules or not, the bigger and better batteries are going to come out.....and the Bobby Joe's will buy them.....Joe blow track will allow them......ROAR racers will buy them to race local......and ROAR attendance will go down further....

Yep, smart move......

Later EddieO
Old 03-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Cherry, are you an idiot all the time?

Go look at the snowbirds results in 19t.....while not modified, he BEAT all the pro drivers....Hara, Toso, Dumas, Baker, Groskamp......all who had the same if not BETTER equipment.

Or you gonna sit there and tell me SMC gives me better packs for trav than Paul Lemiuex gets?

And AGAIN.....read the challenge cherry, you come up....I will give Trav a hobby shop SMC pack, you get his team packs....he will run circles around you....the top guys are the top guys for a reason, cause they are fast. At the national level, everyone has top equipment....

I have never said equipment doesn't matter, what I am saying is ludicrious to say a guy like trav or peter or even scotty down there would struggle if they didn't have team stuff....they have team stuff for a reason.....they were FAST enough to earn it.

Last I checked too cherry, didn't he make you look dumb at the summer sizzler in modified?

Later EddieO
Old 03-13-2007, 01:01 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Doublt even the better team drivers in the 19t class even have the best of the best, motor`s and packs Travis has from you..
Cherry you are bling as well as dumb. Look at the list of names in the 19t class at the last 4 national on-road races. It's the same guys in the A-Main in mod. Trav is running with the big dogs and proving he's in that league. At birds he ran with Chris Tosolini, Paul Lemiuex, Atsushi Hara, Billy Easton, Mike Dumas, etc. in 19t and WON! Those guys must be stock racers too huh? WRONG, those are some of the best mod drivers in the world!

EDIT: EddieO and I post the same thing at the exact same time, Eddie one click ahead of me!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:05 AM   #28
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Cherry you are bling as well as dumb. Look at the list of names in the 19t class at the last 4 national on-road races. It's the same guys in the A-Main in mod. Trav is running with the big dogs and proving he's in that league. At birds he ran with Chris Tosolini, Paul Lemiuex, Atsushi Hara, Billy Easton, Mike Dumas, etc. in 19t and WON! Those guys must be stock racers too huh? WRONG, those are some of the best mod drivers in the world!

EDIT: EddieO and I post the same thing at the exact same time, Eddie one click ahead of me!
Thank`s Ant....
You reinforce my point perfectly....

No win`sor even podium`s in mod ...
How come ?

Not the motor, for sure....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Thank`s Ant....
You reinforce my point perfectly....
My point was your an idiot, so yes I did reinforce that! Thanks for agreeing.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:11 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Well, again travis races modified locally.....and he races what he is told on the national circuit like he is told.....kinda like scotty did for years in the early 90s with all those stock wins....did you belittle him then like you do the stock guys now?

19t is hardly stock.....its the middle class....and again, everyone with equal equipment and he wins, beating the pros....yet you still dismiss his win....I love it. He beats the pros in a official class pros run in and your only response is, well its not a modified...

So if its not a legit win or class, why do all the pros run it? Baker, Blackstock, Hara, Easton.....all raced it.

Not to mention, your whole rant has abosolutely NOTHING to do with this topic....

And in onroad, for the record, equipment is EVERY much as important as in mod as it is in stock.....I can tell you my guys in mod use a LOT more batteries with a LOT better numbers than the stock guys do.....motors cost a bit more too.....trav used the same $25 handout all weekend, which is about what the raw teardown toso used to tq cost......

Get a clue for once in your life....

Later EddieO