R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default moore on cyclone lol

well guys i bought one today..got a moore speed cyclone!!

im picking it up tomarow and im wondering....

what set up should i use? im racing at speed world raceway, in 27 turn... what, or whos should i go off of?

heres a link to the track pics,

http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Track_Photos.cfm

im running rubber tires, and billy said that the track is a lil dusty tuesday, to thursday, and then he cleans it.. so idk how much that affects grip
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Talk to Scotty Barnes, he has his diazzzlleeed out at SWR (although nothing compared to my Xray, but that's a whole different story LOL). Yea the track is blown off for Friday practice, Saturday practice (or racing if it's a racing weekend) and Sunday ...although Sunday is nitro day, Tue, Wed, Thu the track is open but not blown off, but this time of year as it start's to get nice and not windy the traction is still not to bad on those days. I'll be out there this Friday after about 1 or 2 pm (my name is Javier BTW), Scott will probably stop by after work like he usually does after work jsut to see how badly I'm gonna spank him on race day
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Oh also the Friday before race days the traction compount is resprayed, timing & timinig and scoring setup to call out practice times.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Talk to Scotty Barnes, he has his diazzzlleeed out at SWR (although nothing compared to my Xray, but that's a whole different story LOL). Yea the track is blown off for Friday practice, Saturday practice (or racing if it's a racing weekend) and Sunday ...although Sunday is nitro day, Tue, Wed, Thu the track is open but not blown off, but this time of year as it start's to get nice and not windy the traction is still not to bad on those days. I'll be out there this Friday after about 1 or 2 pm (my name is Javier BTW), Scott will probably stop by after work like he usually does after work jsut to see how badly I'm gonna spank him on race day

good to meet u bro!

im brandon, im 13 lol so if u see a kid with a cyclone u know its me lol

but i might be there friday, im waiting on my tower hobbies order, so i could be there if all goes well.. its the motor, and all that..

so u guys are the fast ones? can u help me out? im new to onroad racing so help would ne very cool
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
good to meet u bro!

im brandon, im 13 lol so if u see a kid with a cyclone u know its me lol

but i might be there friday, im waiting on my tower hobbies order, so i could be there if all goes well.. its the motor, and all that..

so u guys are the fast ones? can u help me out? im new to onroad racing so help would ne very cool
Yea we'll help you out, actually my son and his friend (both 14) are getting into the hobby as well, they come out after school on Fridays ...sounds like you are just getting started, that would work out perfectly, I'm currently teaching (trying) them just how to get around the track at this point, you could join in on the "lessons" if you want.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

i will! im not new to rc, i have been into rc for 8 years now... just racing, i raced off road, and have onroad cars.. but this is my true on road race car

and SWEET! that will be sick! where do u live? im in lincoln, spw is like 15 mins away from my house

and idk if i need lessons, just set up's, i can drive i just dont know where to start but im shure i will anyway just to hang out and have fun
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

OOPS, nvr mind, ur in roseville
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Ah kewl ...ok, yea I'm in Roseville about 2 miles from SWR ....get the cyclone setup from Scotty.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

ok, whens he going to be there? and how often do u guys go there?
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:48 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hastings, MN
Posts: 825
Send a message via AIM to $rusty$ Send a message via MSN to $rusty$
Default

Dude your gonna love on-road so much more than off-road. IMO I like it alot more than off-road .
__________________
Rusty Andersen

thercbarn.com
$rusty$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 PM   #11
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Brandon welcome to SpeedWorld! All the racers there are very friendly and helpful... don't be afraid to go up to anyone for help.

Scotty and Harsh are very fast indeed...
just don't follow Scotty into the wall.....

I'm usually there once a month or every other... my 5yo keeps me busy 24/7 ... I may not win races..but I'm there to fun..and that's what this hobby is all about... having fun.

c'ya there...
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #12
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by $rusty$
Dude your gonna love on-road so much more than off-road. IMO I like it alot more than off-road .

i aggree, i love them, just never got to drive them on a track or something smotth as i didnt have the money to get into racing.. i knew if i would of started i would of been like OMG!!! sell everything lol
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #13
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Brandon welcome to SpeedWorld! All the racers there are very friendly and helpful... don't be afraid to go up to anyone for help.

Scotty and Harsh are very fast indeed...
just don't follow Scotty into the wall.....

I'm usually there once a month or every other... my 5yo keeps me busy 24/7 ... I may not win races..but I'm there to fun..and that's what this hobby is all about... having fun.

c'ya there...

thanks man!!!

LOL more like me into the wall, but well see lol, but probably yes hehe
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:05 AM   #14
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

If you are running rubber tires then you definately want to get the black aluminum pieces. They are much faster with rubber tires.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:24 AM   #15
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

well im off to go buy a cyclone
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HotBodies Cyclone WCE MooreSpeed Andy Moore Cyclone SammyZ R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 07-08-2010 12:17 PM
Moore Speed Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 3 07-13-2008 09:13 PM
HB Cyclone - Andy Moore Besercoe Australia For Sale/Trade 1 11-12-2007 09:40 PM
Cyclone And Moore Speed Cyclone ????? MaTt 93 Australian Racing 4 04-22-2007 05:06 PM
HB Cyclone Moore Speed F/S jrxsracer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 04-07-2007 09:09 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net