R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-02-2001, 12:17 AM   #61
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I spoke with T.Rex Baldwin the President of ROAR last week about this. At the moment the rules state that the host track must choose the spec tire for the national event they are hosting. As of now they can choose foam or rubber on carpet. For club races and regional events racers can use what ever the track diretor allows on their track.

All of these rules will be further developed based on the new foam rule. We will just have to wait an see what happens.

For the record. I will race what ever tire I have to. I can tune my car so I will be fast on foam. I can also get as many foam tires as I want. Racing on foam would not be a problem for me. I just think that the regular guy/novice racer will have a hard time and want to quit racing if he/she has to race on foam tires. I'm looking out for the good of the hobby.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 09:06 AM   #62
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

One of the problems that I see even now is the fact trying to locate foam tires for the sedans and 1/12th scale. I had a lot of people asking me for foam tires. I called and called until I was blue in the face and couldn't find any. So hopefully things will change and they will become more readily available.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 03:43 PM   #63
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon Slayer

I read a comment from a factory driver(i think on TTT)that they use a set of foams then let them set out a round so they do not get too sticky from zip buildup, therefore tooooo much traction.....this would mean they would have 2 sets of fronts and 2 set of rears......anybody else do this?????
Dragon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 08:08 PM   #64
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Kraig
One of the problems that I see even now is the fact trying to locate foam tires for the sedans and 1/12th scale. I had a lot of people asking me for foam tires. I called and called until I was blue in the face and couldn't find any. So hopefully things will change and they will become more readily available.
In Australia, we have an over supply of foam
(many different brands, local and US / Euro etc) and not alot of good rubber tire on offer.
Old 12-02-2001, 10:04 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just curious, but all you guys that are bitching about this, did you guys vote against it? Or did you vote at all? Just curious.....
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:33 AM   #66
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i just see discusion.....but know i let my roar membership lapse, i felt it was more important to support my local club......however, my club is a roar club......
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 06:53 PM   #67
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know when this will become a rule.

Dave
OSHRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 08:50 PM   #68
Tech Champion

KilRuf-Good point! I voted but many did not. The people that were most intreseted in this issue voted and they were the ones that wanted foam tires.

OSHracing-The ruels will be in effest for the 2002 season... Jan 1,2002.
Old 12-03-2001, 09:35 PM   #69
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

Adrian-

You what is really funny,

The vote was what, 182 to 34 or something?

I keep seeing all these people claim they voted against......must have gotten lost in the mail......
Old 12-03-2001, 10:47 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Everytime something like this happens I get a ton of email and phone calls saying what is ROAR thinking. It not ROAR's fault that no one voted! It's not ROAR's fault that a racing minority was able to effect a national change that effect everyone.

However, I have gotten a lot of emails and calls that member didn't get their RevUps with the ballots until the date the vote was due or even afterwards.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:11 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Anyone goin to Snowbird Nationals in Feb? Just curious as to what people will run... the 19t rubber tire class or 19t foams. I plan on running the foams. I see Schumacher will be there. You gonna be there Adrian? Wanna hook me up with a sponsor? hehe, just kidding. I'll be racing either my Yok Special or XXX-S. See you guys there....

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #72
Tech Master

I plan on running foams with a 10.5 motor this year as well.

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #73
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

you have tooo much time on your hands. I know you aren't watching the Steelers win............
alb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #74
Tech Master

congrats McSmooth for bringing back the oldest thread ever. 8 years since the last post... haha

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #75
Tech Master

Better futures come from studying our past.

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote