Reedy TC Race of Champions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy TC Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 11:48 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Unless you are planning on making a career out of R/C, I would wait and let the sponsors come to you. If you make good showings, and you're a nice guy at the track, they will come. Besides, nothing is worse than going into an event thinking "I have to do well or else." Ask anybody who competes in any kind of sporting event and they will tell you the same.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Its not the fact of going into the event thinking that its just that I wanted to race. anyways, I just think its wrong for a person to enter without knowing if there gunna race.

Kyle
Old 04-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

edited

And futureal is right - you're taking this whole sponsorship thing too seriously. My perspective may be skewed a bit but too many people take "getting sponsored" way too seriously. And again, if you knew your sponsors wanted you at this race, WHY DIDN'T YOU SEND IN THE ENTRY LAST WEDNESDAY? Like I said, *I* waited. I could afford to. *YOU* could not afford to wait. If you don't get in, don't point fingers at me.

And if you didn't get in, you're still on the waiting list - people can drop out and it's possible you'll get their spot. So don't sweat it. However, the number isn't 20-40 people. I know from talking with Dan Tanis who runs Ripon R/C (the former host of the Reedy TC Race) that the list of people that don't show up is only like 5-10.

Last edited by Frank McKinney; 04-01-2003 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by kyle478; 04-05-2003 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

kyle478-
There are plenty of big events going on this season, not just the Reedy. If you didn't make it then just come out and watch. Its all about promoting the hobby and having fun doing it. I dont think sponsors would like to support someone who gets all frustrated over something little like not being able to get into an event because they didnt send their entry in time. Remember you are representing their company and their company image. Cheer up, it shouldnt be something to get upset about. Hopefully you get in and we will all be able to race together.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

OK Kyle, I thought you were extending Smackmaster's little rant up above no worries. Sorry about making the assumption.

Ask for Fred at Tamiya. You should be able to find out where you sit and if you didn't make the cut-off, how far back you are on the waiting list.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Location: Orange County TrackMasters "The Home of R/C Champions"
Default Any racers staying at Franks House?

I heard Frank has some extra room and is renting out floor space if any is left. I was able to get the 2nd quest room with the Queen Size bed on $45.00 per day which includes breakfast at 3:45am and Dinner at 8:00pm.

Check out EBay under Franks house if any one is interested>

Raffell
Old 04-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

WOW - I am going to go with futureal on this one.... I hate to say it, but to those who didn't get in and this race happens to be a big deal - its noone's fault but your own . The fact remains that 150 racers did manage to get into the race...

As for Smackmaster's rant... while it wasn't towards me, I feel as though I might as well chime in on this one... READ a post before you choose to flame another's posts... oh yeah... another bit of advice - if you don't want to look like a fool, proofread your posts before hitting submit...

OUT - Wilde
Old 04-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Any racers staying at Franks House?

Originally posted by BendingCorners
I heard Frank has some extra room and is renting out floor space if any is left. I was able to get the 2nd quest room with the Queen Size bed on $45.00 per day which includes breakfast at 3:45am and Dinner at 8:00pm.

Check out EBay under Franks house if any one is interested>

Raffell
APRIL FOOLS?!? Good one... for a while there, I was about to check ebay... hehehe, just kidding...
Old 04-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thats one of the things wrong with racing today. People get so into the sponsorship thing that they forget this is about having fun. Thats why its a hobby. I use to be that way. I wanted everything and I wouldn't stop until I got it. One day I woke up and figured out how out of wack my racing had become. Sit back, relax, and just have fun. If things are ment to be then they will happen. One thing I have learned though, careful what you wish for. Being sponsored isn't all fun and games like everyone thinks......
Old 04-01-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

I say they should have regional races for the Reedy race like the Tamiya serries.....then only the top 10 per region or event can make it to the big show in Cali.....yeah it can be the REEDY R.O.C Tour..... It is a little lopp sidded that the guys in Cali can just walk in the entry form and most others from around the country have to mail or even express mail the entry in to beat the "local" guys. Im not going to the race but I think that some of the guys have brought up good points this is a big race to some people but at the same time someone taking the race lightly is his choice. This is just like when say a ROAR or NORRCA nationals comes to your neck of the woods you have local guys racing in the mod class' that cant even compete in the stock class' week to week....its just the choice they made...last I checked we are all still free to make are own choices.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Raffell - remember that the $45/day means you sleep next to the cat litter box and you have to clean it too. If you want to cuddle I've got room on the queen-size bed but that's $95/day. I can squeeze in probably 10 more on the floor ($20/day) and 1 each on the sofa/loveseat ($45/day for the sofa, $35/day for the loveseat) but all the gear has to stay in your cars - I don't have that much room!
Old 04-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

this will be the first time since 99 I missed the Reedy race but I do plan on heading up there to help all of my friends and support the Losi guys.. I will be the tallest Pit B@#$& at the race. I look foward to some good racing.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FOOD FOR THOUGHT

As for Tamiya to allow more people to attend. I don't think there is room at this time. This is an outside track, with NO LIGHTING. The number of racers was limited by time constraints. Last year the awards were held in the dark . Anyone remember that. I don't think anyone wants to get there before it's light out to start any earlier, or trying to pack up in the dark. In addition to this is the parking for everyone. There really is not a ton of parking. Last year some of us had to park over at Pepsi, I mean the church still has to function, so we can't use its area.

ps. I downloaded form from site, and mailed on wednesday, and I believe that I still made it, athough if I did not make it I am not going to go crazy over it. If it is about sponsorship, why didn't they send in the form for you.

later
Kevin M.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey EMB hagarts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.