R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-31-2003, 09:40 PM   #61
Tech Apprentice

Last year when they only put the entry foam in RC car action anyone from Canada couldn't get in becuase it takes an extra week to get the magazine here. I think they figured that everyone atleast knows someone with internet access. We still don't have the latest issue up here yet. And I'm about 5 minutes from the boarder.

Dave
OSHRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:16 PM   #62
Tech Elite

I think putting the entry form on the web site was a fair thing to do. Everyone should have internet access if not at home, at a public library or friend's house. In fact the entry form came out the day before, on Mar 25 in the late evening.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:44 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Scotty, are you working on some new anouncing repeatables. "Barry Baker, HHHAAARRRDD ON THE BINDERS".

As for the sign up sheets. last year filled up quick too.

See ya'll there.
Kevin M.
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:54 PM   #64
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I would think they should invite those who attended last year's race first, and then open it up to new people after that.

Plus, given the popularity of the event, I think opening it up to a few more entries would not hurt. On the other hand, it has the potential to be as big as the Snowbirds if that happened, and I think that would ruin the atmosphere of the event.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:23 PM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Giving the guys who race last year first dibs isn't to fair for the guys who maybe just couldn't make it last year. A bunch of us from here wanted to go but as I said with the entry in the rc car action we couldn't get in. We usually have about 8 of us that would go every year when it was in ripon. Last year was the first time we missed it. I do agree with the popularity it would be nice to open up the enties to more people. 770 entries at the Snawbird Nats. Most of been cool. Alot of guys to get through in a race day. Hats off to the race directors.

Dave
OSHRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:56 PM   #66
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AQuionIV Send a message via Yahoo to AQuionIV

very true.. as much as this sport grows, didn't how come they lowered the count of racers instead of raising it?? Wouldn't it be more logical to raise the number of participants this year? I wish they'd have more races that had more racers in it. It's always more fun w/ more people, and more people participate, the more other people would want to get into it=)
AQuionIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 01:18 AM   #67
R/C Tech Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by OSHRacing
Giving the guys who race last year first dibs isn't to fair for the guys who maybe just couldn't make it last year. A bunch of us from here wanted to go but as I said with the entry in the rc car action we couldn't get in. We usually have about 8 of us that would go every year when it was in ripon. Last year was the first time we missed it. I do agree with the popularity it would be nice to open up the enties to more people. 770 entries at the Snawbird Nats. Most of been cool. Alot of guys to get through in a race day. Hats off to the race directors.
I should have clarified what I meant; those who attended a previous Reedy Race at all should be given priority, not just the previous year's event.

That's just my opinion, though. As the popularity of the race/sport grows, there will eventually be a larger group of people planning on racing than actual spots available. There needs to be something other than a "race to the post office" to determine who gets in.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:40 AM   #68
Tech Addict

well i attended last years reedy and the amount of entries was find becuase there was just enough pit space and we all got done at a resonable time. so i think that the limit is ok so they can run a very nice program
Chris@WeaponR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:25 AM   #69
Tech Fanatic

As far as opening the Reedy Race to more racers....my vote is no.

I've been to most of the the Reedy Races (missed I think the first 2 and I was at I think the 4th but didn't race it) and from everything I heard about the Cleveland races and the Snowbirds I would be hating life if I was stuck at a race with 500-700 entries. Racing at 1 AM? Marshalling at 7 AM? Noooo thank you. I go to big races to have fun, not necessarily to try to make the A main, and racing at random times of the day when my mind and body are tired and I know I wouldn stink, would not be fun to me. I can annoy other racers, play video games, bust up my car and suck at racing at my home track, why would I want to travel across the country and pay loads of money to do that at a track I've never been to?

Anyway, hopefully I got in on entry list, Tamiya should have gotten my entry on Monday. I'll give Fred until the end of the week to post the entries on the site since I'm not terribly worried about racing
Frank McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:37 AM   #70
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank McKinney
As far as opening the Reedy Race to more racers....my vote is no.

I've been to most of the the Reedy Races (missed I think the first 2 and I was at I think the 4th but didn't race it) and from everything I heard about the Cleveland races and the Snowbirds I would be hating life if I was stuck at a race with 500-700 entries. Racing at 1 AM? Marshalling at 7 AM? Noooo thank you. I go to big races to have fun, not necessarily to try to make the A main, and racing at random times of the day when my mind and body are tired and I know I wouldn stink, would not be fun to me. I can annoy other racers, play video games, bust up my car and suck at racing at my home track, why would I want to travel across the country and pay loads of money to do that at a track I've never been to?

Anyway, hopefully I got in on entry list, Tamiya should have gotten my entry on Monday. I'll give Fred until the end of the week to post the entries on the site since I'm not terribly worried about racing
You see its guys like you that take up space for the more serious racer's that didn't get in. If all you want to do is go around the track play video games and not care about the competion of the race then pull out and let someone else have your spot. This race is to important to too many racers to have some jerk like you there. This race IS a big deal so go back to your home track and play .. thanks pal!!!

PS Whats up with that avitar are you a star on that 70's show
SMACKMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:47 AM   #71
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by SMACKMASTER
You see its guys like you that take up space for the more serious racer's that didn't get in.
If you take your racing that seriously you need to calm down and have some dip. Does your job depend on how well you do when you play with your toy cars? No? Then take a chill dude.
Quote:
If all you want to do is go around the track play video games and not care about the competion of the race then pull out and let someone else have your spot. This race is to important to too many racers to have some jerk like you there. This race IS a big deal so go back to your home track and play .. thanks pal!!!

Did you even read my post? I said I can goof around at my home track, why would I want to pay hundreds of dollars to do the same thing at the Snowbirds in addition to sucking? Apparently you missed that.

And if I get in and you don't, well whose fault is that. I could have driven to Tamiya and handed them my entry in person. I waited until Friday to mail it in, instead. Anyone else could have filled out the online form and sent it via Next Day Air to Tamiya and beaten me out. Therefore....I'm not too worried about getting in. If I'm in, great. If I'm not, oh well, I'll still go to watch.
Quote:
PS Whats up with that avitar are you a star on that 70's show
Yes, yes I am. Wilmer and Ashton and Danny are my buds. And btwyou have a nice avatar too.

Don't take your toy cars for bowling trophies too seriously man.
Frank McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 12:32 PM   #72
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to kyle478

Last edited by kyle478; 04-06-2003 at 12:15 AM.
kyle478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 12:33 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Last edited by kyle478; 04-06-2003 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:44 PM   #74
R/C Tech Founder

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry when I read this thread.

I was 50/50 on going out to CA for this race and I decided against signing up for that very reason, I don't want to take up a spot that could go to somebody else who can definitely go.

Still, that is exactly why I was talking about an invite system for people who attended past events. Or some sort of invite system. The "race to the post office" just gets worse for this race every year.

kyle478: If you have sponsors on the line who will drop you if you don't get to attend the Reedy Race, I suggest finding different sponsors. Southern California is a mecca of R/C racing throughout the year, and there is no shortage of big events. Although I understand the frustration, missing one should not be a huge deal.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:46 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Last edited by kyle478; 04-06-2003 at 12:17 AM.