Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Holy 11 yr bump, Batman!
Old 11-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just ordered some new SMC lipos last week. You can tell when a company in the RC industry is doing well if 20+ years go by and they're still going strong!

Thanks SMC.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

great batteries. December my batteries turn 1 year old and still going strong!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Dejavu all over again

Originally Posted by M Ignacio
So if you had a choice what would it be? KMR and Promatch have pretty much the same prices? Or SMC for a little bit more? I'm running stock and maybe racing mod later on. Which voltage and runtime should I get for stock? 390+ or 400+? 1.13,1.14,1.15, or 1.16 for voltage? Lastly are KMR batteries discharged at 30 amps? Thnx
GP3300, voltages runtime discharge rates are we talking NiMH batteries?

Ever hear of the expression cubic dollars? I checked the Promatch website and they have some very low prices on clearance sale prices on overstocked 3500Mah 2C LIPO batteries, which are approximately the same prices as SMC factory spec batteries. However SMC RACE spec batteries of the same MAH capacity are slightly higher, but then too so is the battery performance. So as a sign in a hobby shop once said, "How fast can you afford to go?" But why do you want a 3500 MAH battery?

BTW I didn't see GP3300 cells at either website.

Last edited by John Wallace2; 11-10-2014 at 04:15 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The original post by this thread's starter was back in 2003 (when competition battery pack's cells were specially matched by racing companies.) The last few recent posts are either contributations to SMCs continued success today (11 years later) or reminesent to the long gone days of Ni-Cad and Ni-MH cell matching hassles (and expenses) we incurred back then.

Today is the day of the LIPO!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I bought these on a recommendation and running them in my touring car. Best batteries I have owned. I used to buy expensive Reedy and thunder Power always wanting the best. These still show zero signs of puffing unlike the others mentioned and they are very consistent which I like from batteries. Both packs feel the exact same while in the car.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Yes I must say my 6500 race specs are 2 years old both balance well no puffing and still are punchy. Best batteries I have ever owned. SMC provides some good stuff.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrongchannel
The original post by this thread's starter was back in 2003 (when competition battery pack's cells were specially matched by racing companies.) The last few recent posts are either contributations to SMCs continued success today (11 years later) or reminesent to the long gone days of Ni-Cad and Ni-MH cell matching hassles (and expenses) we incurred back then.

Contributions to SMC's continued success, yes, 11 years later
Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wrongchannel

I'm going to have to start checking the dates on some of these posts. But back in the NIMH days only Trinity and SMC batteries you could trust that you were getting what was on the cell labels. I mentioned on the VTA thread that Danny was getting some Race Formula 5000mah batteries in and what an out pouring of positive response. Danny at SMC is still doing something right! Always great when you can count on your sponsor to produce a quality product. When someone was talking trash about my son winning only because he had these super batteries from his sponsors, I went over to the hobby shop counter (when SMC was selling retail) bought a pack put it together (NIMH) and Steve broke the track record with that pack - never heard or saw that SOB again.

I just waiting to get some with Deans connectors