R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   What electronics are being used these days??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/152219-what-electronics-being-used-these-days.html)

Hobie 03-02-2007 05:55 PM

What electronics are being used these days???

Been out of R/C around 10 years. What are people using for batteries, speed controls, chargers, motors, etc. ???

I've got 7ish old cars I just want to screw around with. The more overpowered the better.

What kind of run times can people get now out of touring cars, pan cars, etc. ?

PoLsKiE 03-02-2007 06:28 PM

really depends on what motor and what batteries.....if you do brushless and lipo batteries youll get amazing run times with that you can run a brushed motor and 4200mah batteries and still get alot of run time....i personally like novak electronics overall....i would just read up on some rc mags and look at some reviews and youll catch up really quick....technology has come along way from 10 years ago....everything has actually become more maintanence free like brushless motors virtually no maintenence and have power ranging from 27t to 10t...and also the radios have gotten gitch free theres no more interferences with the new spektrum and the range is outstanding....everything is new and cool but the hobby is still and will always be fun....welcome back ;) ;) :nod: :nod:

Hobie 03-02-2007 07:01 PM

I picked up an airtronics FM transmitter set up that is a few years old, it's worked flawlessly so far, but that's not saying much. I tried bringing my old 1700SCRC's back to life, but could only get about 2 minutes of run time out of them in a Losi-XX buggy.

I've always liked/used Novak stuff.

What kind of batteries should be used with a brushless 10T set up? What kind of charger for those batteries? Anything special needed to cycle/condition them???

What batteries could I use that wouldn't fry my old esc (I have a few Novak Racer ESCs laying around with any OGs know what I'm talking about)

I used to run 8 (yes I mean to type 8 and not 6) cell 1700SCRC packs with a 9t motor in a pan car and it would handle that fine. I'm wondering if a modern 6 cell pack and a mild mod motor (13 turnish) would be ok for it.

PoLsKiE 03-02-2007 07:31 PM

they have all kinds of lipo batteries....i dont like them i use trinity 3800mah batteries 6 cell with a 19t motor and it have ALOT of power left even from a 5-7 minute main so a 4200mah batterie with a checkpoint 10 double would be fine.... nimh's are cheaper than lipos and nimh's can be used on any charger and discharge after race day with lipo no all chargers support them they have to be balanced you really dont know when theyre fully charged or going to die and when lipos die they really do....theres a slim chance to bring them back but they have equipment to simplify this like novak they have a lipo stop so you dont damage your $100+ lipos and a intellepeak ice charger has a balancer built in it so you can balance your pack while you charge so they're both good it just depends on what you want and run and how deep your wallet is thats about as easy as it gets