R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2007, 07:38 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

To add to Randy's post, nothing more frustrating than finding out there are no replacement parts either.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #32
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default INO ON WHICH CAR TO CHOOSE......

I AM NEW TO THIS HOBBY, ONLY 11/2 YEARS. BUT I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING THE HPI SPRINT2 RTR FROM TOWER, AND THAT CAR SUCKS, NO PARTS TO SPEAK OF, THE BATTERY SITS HORIZONTAL TO THE CHASSIS AND ONE GOOD WHACK TO A WALL OR CURB AND YOU BATTERY IS DOING CARTWHEELS DONE THE PAVEMENT...STAY AWAY FROM THE HPI, AND GO WITH EITHER THE ASSOCIATED OR LOSI RTR'S, IF THAT IS ALL YOU CAN AFFORD FOR NOW. GOOD LUCK.

TEAMMDKN
TeamMDKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne1one
Thanks for your opinion, now with that being said they need to make a RTR version and this would be a great car to suggest for this particular thread.
Missed that, , In that case go for the Losi, XXX-s

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:16 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

buy what you like the most, and when you get it, make it work for you. most cars these days are highly configurable, and the most important thing among all touring car is tires, and those are a universal fit to whatever you buy
MManson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (80%+)

I got a TC4 thank everyone
gunlocators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to dogenia Send a message via Yahoo to dogenia
Default Congrats

Enjoy the purchase, race great, run strong and have fun.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

-
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:42 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muahdib4
I know, when they win it's the chassis when they lose it's the driver...typical Xray driver.
I guess youv'e never owned an 007 so I'll forgive your ignorance. However of the two tracks I race at, I've never seen anyone driving a tamiya car yet. I guess our local radio shacks aren't stocking them Anyone that thinks a $200 car is even close two the same quality as a $400 car just doesn't have a clue. just because you beat a driver doesn't mean yor car is better. It's 90% driver 10%
car anyhow.
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to muahdib4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Kid
I guess youv'e never owned an 007 so I'll forgive your ignorance. However of the two tracks I race at, I've never seen anyone driving a tamiya car yet. I guess our local radio shacks aren't stocking them Anyone that thinks a $200 car is even close two the same quality as a $400 car just doesn't have a clue. just because you beat a driver doesn't mean yor car is better. It's 90% driver 10%
car anyhow.
Theads over..he bought a TC4. It is 90% driver so why do people say you NEED a $400 chassis? It's all about bragging...it's the "better than you" factor. To bad a chassis doesn't do the driving. You can bag on Tamiya all you want..but they invented TC racing and EVERYONE else copied them...they've been around a lot longer then Xcrap and have won more races since the 70's when they started then any other manufacturer. So keep talking..doesn't bother me...I'll just keep beating Xrays with my TA05 and laughing at all the money they could've saved.
KC/RC Drift Movement
muahdib4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:28 PM   #40
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
...I'll just keep beating Xrays with my TA05 and laughing at all the money they could've saved.
But according to the points from Fast Lane you have only raced a few times and that was with a mini... so who have you beaten with your TA05?

Look for yourself... http://www.fastlanehobby.com/profile/?id=141
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:19 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Theads over..he bought a TC4. It is 90% driver so why do people say you NEED a $400 chassis? It's all about bragging...it's the "better than you" factor. To bad a chassis doesn't do the driving. You can bag on Tamiya all you want..but they invented TC racing and EVERYONE else copied them...they've been around a lot longer then Xcrap and have won more races since the 70's when they started then any other manufacturer. So keep talking..doesn't bother me...I'll just keep beating Xrays with my TA05 and laughing at all the money they could've saved.
I got a $400 chassis because thats what my sponser supplied. I guess if you beat my fifty year old rear, you'll have to do it with driving ability, not with better equiptment
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
But according to the points from Fast Lane you have only raced a few times and that was with a mini... so who have you beaten with your TA05?

Look for yourself... http://www.fastlanehobby.com/profile/?id=141
That's also not the only place I race. I usually race outdoor on asphalt at hobbytown too. I race Mini there because it's more fun then listening to people complain.
KC/RC Drift Movement
Old 03-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Kid
I got a $400 chassis because thats what my sponser supplied. I guess if you beat my fifty year old rear, you'll have to do it with driving ability, not with better equiptment
That's what I keep saying..it's driving ability. Owning an Xray doesn't EVER mean that you'll win unless you can drive it. Oh and by the way..HE BOUGHT A TC4...so how about letting the thread go. I just wish people would stop telling new folks to the hobby looking for a cheap alternative that they need to buy a freakin' Xray. You don't see Corally owners telling everyone they need to buy an RDX do you? No, Xray owners are the only ones running off at the mouth telling new people that they NEED to spend $400-$500 on a chassis. All that does is drives new people AWAY when they see the prices of the chassis along with all the support equipment. I love my TA05 but I'll still tell people that right now, the Cyclone from Stormer for $199 is by FAR the best deal. How about ya'll think a little bit before you manage to drive away ALL new people so the hobby dies. Some of us actually care.
KC/RC Drift Movement
Old 03-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Theads over..he bought a TC4

It is 90% driver so why do people say you NEED a $400 chassis? It's all about bragging...it's the "better than you" factor. To bad a chassis doesn't do the driving. So true, could not have said it better. Ignorance is bliss.
Wayne1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #45
Tech Apprentice

so then muahdib4, when are you going to grow up then? or are you going to live you life being a complete jacka$$ by posting petty little coments about xray drivers, if they annoy u or "brag" as you call it then just dont coment at all... simple just be mature for once in ur life, on all the threads as soon as the 4 letter word XRAY is brought up you try to find as many ways posible to be abusive, it makes you look like an idiot, grow up
luke humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote