R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   where to buy Tribo comm drops (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/151144-where-buy-tribo-comm-drops.html)

Jmccormick 02-24-2007 07:06 AM

where to buy Tribo comm drops

I am having a hard time getting some of this stuff!!!!!!!!!
though I had some coming at one point but got an e-mail stating they where not able fill my order....
Tribo's website is no help as the list of places that sell it dont have it or are no longer in business aaaaaarrrgh..........help here!!!!!!!!

Kraig 02-24-2007 07:28 AM

Try Hurricane, about the middle of the page. They also sell it to shops so you can also have your LHS order it for you.

Big B 02-24-2007 01:53 PM

Last I heard they arent making it and wont be. Our LHS has called a number of times, they either dont awnser the phone or they even hung up on him a couple of times. You really dont need comm drops to be honest, but if you really want to use them EA motorsports has some that I hear are good the Zubaks speed juice. Comm drops will actually gum up your comm and can ruin brushes and the comm.

Jmccormick 02-24-2007 05:42 PM

Thanks I ordered some from Hurricane.................

rcracer776 02-24-2007 07:08 PM

i got some of that stuff from a local racer who didn't like it.could you tell me how you use it as i haven't had to much luck with it.

teamslow 02-24-2007 07:27 PM

I order some tribo from hurricane weeks ago and havent recived it yet.said he hade a death in the family. just hope all is well

Big Jims motor book says you can try prolong engine treatment also

STARSCREAM 02-24-2007 07:43 PM

Big B 02-24-2007 07:47 PM

rcracer776 here is the best way to use comm drops, DON'T, why do yo think no one else wanted them, they will gum up your comm and will ruin your brushes. Hurricane is probably out of stock on them, and like I said above they probably aren't going to be getting anymore.

rcdy 02-24-2007 09:34 PM

comm drops help increase rpm. just spray the motor comm and brush with contact cleaner after every 3 runs and apply comm drops again.
comm drops will gum up if you keep running the motor for a long time without cleaning. another thing that will burn the brush is improper gearing for the duration of the race and track size.. :)

R/C Anonymous 02-24-2007 09:54 PM

Never used comm drops.What are those?

EddieO 02-24-2007 10:06 PM

The company is toast man......they don't answer their phone or anything.....its a joke....they shorted me a couple cases on two orders in a row and never made good on them.....and now when they do actually answer the phone, the guy just hangs up...

Later EddieO

Big B 02-25-2007 09:47 AM

I just read my reply, sorry that it comes off sarcastic, I didnt mean for it to come off that way. I had the same experiance with calling them as Eddie and team brOOd, which is what lead me to believe they were gone. If you insist on using comm drops, you will want to strip down your motor, and clean it with a toothbrush and dishsoap (you will be amazed how much dirt and crap is on the armuture and inside the can), then go through your regular rebuild process

burbs 02-25-2007 10:46 AM

the only com drops ive ever seen work well enough to use them is zubak speed juice.. use them to break in your brushes as stated with the drops,.. they work well.. Ive dyno tested them alot and there # 1.. they seem to work especially wqell with the finishline f brush...

all tribo drops did was gum the crap out of my coms.. I am an oval racer, and com drops are a bigger deal to most guys.. Ive done the test's, and in my personal opinion break in the motor with drops, spray it out, and run it dry..

voodoochild 02-25-2007 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by burbs
the only com drops ive ever seen work well enough to use them is zubak speed juice.. use them to break in your brushes as stated with the drops,.. they work well.. Ive dyno tested them alot and there # 1.. they seem to work especially wqell with the finishline f brush...

all tribo drops did was gum the crap out of my coms.. I am an oval racer, and com drops are a bigger deal to most guys.. Ive done the test's, and in my personal opinion break in the motor with drops, spray it out, and run it dry..

I thought you ran bushless:rolleyes:

Kings Kid 02-25-2007 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by burbs

Big Jim was the main supporter of Tribo drops back in the day, but if you want zubak drops try: RC 4less.com. They used to carry all the top drops. :nod: