Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2007 ROAR on-road asphalt nationals >

2007 ROAR on-road asphalt nationals

2007 ROAR on-road asphalt nationals

Old 03-17-2007, 08:42 AM
  #76  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Looking through my notes, I had the counts for 2005 onroad paved nationals:

2005
TC Mod - 40
TC 19T - 50
TC Stock - 54
1/12 mod - 8
1/12 19T - 16
TC Mastrs - 17
HarshGuy is offline  
Old 03-17-2007, 09:24 AM
  #77  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Taz_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Rosa CA
Posts: 2,599
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

You should have the same classes as last year.

TC Stock
TC 19T
TC Mod
12th Stock
12th 19T
12th Mod
TC Masters

That way if you just want to run 1/12th you can run two classes.

I know OD will run just one being the team leader for a lot of cars.
Taz_S is offline  
Old 03-17-2007, 08:55 PM
  #78  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Masters TC please...Brushed or Brushless...Can be an exhibition class with Brushless.
Still Bill is offline  
Old 03-17-2007, 11:13 PM
  #79  
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

I'm not sure that Eddie was saying that to add 1/12th stock they would have to drop masters. I think we might want to wait for clarification on that. I only said what I did to get a rise out of the old farts, and waddaya know, two of the oldiest fartiest ones jumped right in!

and one Tazmanian something-or-other
odpurple is offline  
Old 03-18-2007, 12:00 AM
  #80  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by odpurple
I'm not sure that Eddie was saying that to add 1/12th stock they would have to drop masters. I think we might want to wait for clarification on that.
If you're not sure; then, Eddie may well want to clarify his statement further.

"We are working to see if 1/12th stock may be added and possibly masters being removed.....". That lead-in of "We are working..." makes it pretty clear to me that the 1/12th scale classes may be more cherished in the Northwest.

Their call...No problem. We'll see.
Still Bill is offline  
Old 03-18-2007, 12:11 AM
  #81  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Still Bill
If you're not sure; then, Eddie may well want to clarify his statement further.

"We are working to see if 1/12th stock may be added and possibly masters being removed.....". That lead-in of "We are working..." makes it pretty clear to me that the 1/12th scale classes may be more cherished in the Northwest.

Their call...No problem. We'll see.
1/12th is still pretty slim pickin's in the NW.
2005 onroad regionals-0
2006 onroad regionals- less than a full main. ( wasn't there but only 17 or so racers entered, total for all classes)
Keep the old farts, er ah, Masters class.
C_O_jones is offline  
Old 03-18-2007, 07:30 AM
  #82  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by odpurple
I'm not sure that Eddie was saying that to add 1/12th stock they would have to drop masters. I think we might want to wait for clarification on that. I only said what I did to get a rise out of the old farts, and waddaya know, two of the oldiest fartiest ones jumped right in!

and one Tazmanian something-or-other
EddieO had stated:

"We are working to see if 1/12th stock may be added and possibly masters being removed.....".

...having been through the same with ROAR at our Nationals last year I just wanted to provide some signup counts to show that Masters did not have the lowest number of signups. I *think* that now with the RMT, ultimately it will be ROAR making the decision ...I have also emailed all the remaining relevant ROAR executives with this information, don't know that I'll hear back from them but will post if I do.
HarshGuy is offline  
Old 03-18-2007, 07:40 PM
  #83  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Harsh.

Missed you at the Regionals this weekend. Finished second to Austin B in 13.5 Brushless. If it isn't one Brumley, it's the other one beating the near 60 year old...me...
Still Bill is offline  
Old 03-18-2007, 09:13 PM
  #84  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Kewl, you got some hardware .....yea I actually had a "day pass" from kallie earlier in the week, but her mom passed away Thursday ....so had to help deail with "stuff" since then.



Originally Posted by Still Bill
Thanks Harsh.

Missed you at the Regionals this weekend. Finished second to Austin B in 13.5 Brushless. If it isn't one Brumley, it's the other one beating the near 60 year old...me...
HarshGuy is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 02:26 PM
  #85  
Tech Master
 
STARSCREAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,351
Default

losta fast old guys up here in the northwest....I think the masters class would be GREAT this year...I vote to keep it....
STARSCREAM is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 02:35 PM
  #86  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Mike Ellis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Aloha,Oregon
Posts: 1,535
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
losta fast old guys up here in the northwest....I think the masters class would be GREAT this year...I vote to keep it....
Make it so the old farts run 19t and it would be even better!!!!
Mike Ellis is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 03:50 PM
  #87  
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 947
Default '07 paved on road nationals

hey there:am i correct in that the paved on road nationls will be on peel it raceways indoor track?if so than i thought the whole idea of a paved on road nationals was to be outdoors so everyone would have to deal with the elemets.i do agree that a paved indoor track is nice cause you can still race when it rains.just my thoughts
b-man777 is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 04:18 PM
  #88  
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey there:am i correct in that the paved on road nationls will be on peel it raceways indoor track?if so than i thought the whole idea of a paved on road nationals was to be outdoors so everyone would have to deal with the elemets.i do agree that a paved indoor track is nice cause you can still race when it rains.just my thoughts
There's nothing implied in the title "Paved on-road Nationals" that would require them being outdoors. It's not in the rules either, so that would be just your interpretation, though it may be shared by others.
I myself do enjoy getting outdoors after carpet season is over but about midsummer after a couple of too-hot days and wind, etc I'm ready to go back inside. Having the nats indoors this year will take some of the variables out of the equation which may help out-of-towners
odpurple is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 04:22 PM
  #89  
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

besides, we should keep some of the old farts out of the sun. Harsh's tan is already dark enough and Still Bill could expire from heat stroke cuz he's really really old
odpurple is offline  
Old 03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
  #90  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,885
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by odpurple
besides, we should keep some of the old farts out of the sun. Harsh's tan is already dark enough and Still Bill could expire from heat stroke cuz he's really really old
OD, that's not a tan on Harsh that is his "natural" coloring....when he tans he looks a lot like STLNLST.

without the shaved head of course.....LOL

P.S. and shorter....
Advil is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.