R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #16
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,761
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
We have it in all these classes in Sweden since Jan 1-07. In 19t & 27t, on the drivers request!
Well if thats the criteria for changing (drivers request) I wont have to worry about it because no one wants to go 5 cell around here
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #17
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

More hard facts ottoman
young lad tried 5 cell/27t ,man he wasen`t happy ,speed was there ,but it was up there that was the problem ,no corner speed & no power to get out of trouble


so it looks like a crap Idea
4 cell anyone ???
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:50 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
Anders Myrberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manīs best friend: Hugo Myrberg
Posts: 1,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman
Well if thats the criteria for changing (drivers request) I wont have to worry about it because no one wants to go 5 cell around here
But I honestly donīt think people try and test it before decide there opinion...
For me its very strange, as the racing is as good or better, and itīs cheeper.
Why donīt try it first, and then decide?
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:55 AM   #19
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Uk Feeling
oh they are up in arms about it ,even the slow guys & the fasst guy`s are showing there Distain at the idea of going 5 cell


50-50 weather i should try it ,coz i think even if i did try it 27/5cell/1435g i still thin i`ll have a very hard time persuading UK racers to vote it in

they are happy to stay in there `Rut`
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:36 AM   #20
Tech Regular
 
T. Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 380
Default

The one thing that makes it a hard sale here in the US is the fact no one is for the COMPETITION, they are more interested in SPEED instead of pure competition. The problem with just one or two people trying it out is that they are comparing it to other people who are still running 6 cells, what they need to get is 8 people to do it and race it one weekend to see how it works out for them. Just one or two people doing it and not giving it an actual all out try and then bad mouthing it will make it hard for people to justify trying it.

I would love to see how fast someone would go with a stock motor from 15 years ago(pre-rebuildable and pre-laydown brushes), compared to stock motors of today.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:50 AM   #21
Tech Regular
 
part-time racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Faster than a speeding bullet
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Uk Feeling
oh they are up in arms about it ,even the slow guys & the fasst guy`s are showing there Distain at the idea of going 5 cell


50-50 weather i should try it ,coz i think even if i did try it 27/5cell/1435g i still thin i`ll have a very hard time persuading UK racers to vote it in

they are happy to stay in there `Rut`
This statement is to generalized Colin, there are large numbers of racers in the UK that don't visit these pages to respond to your suggestions.

I know you do go between clubs in the South East so you see a large number of club racers but there are hundreds of people that you don't see.

If 5 cell was enforced across the classes here in the UK, some people would moan about it, the buttom line about it all is you can't please everyone all the time.

And I wouldn't diss the UK racing scene by saying "there in a Rut". The UK is home to all classes of Motor-sport including scale.
__________________
Richard Clarke
EWS Event Organizer

CPD Racing ___MuchMore-UK___Awesomatix UK___OTM Racing
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #22
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 179
Default BRUSHLESS.

I think what would bring people in would be simple brushless options. It is too expensive to be buying "expensive" stock motors that need replacement after a few races or motors that require comm lathes and brush maintenance.

I'd would get into racing if I knew I could buy a motor and not have to fiddle with it. I'd rather spend my time on the rest of the car setup and learning to go faster.
Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:38 AM   #23
Tech Adept
 
Racingbod85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bromley, Kent, UK
Posts: 186
Default

I like the idea of 5 cell. If you feel it's too slow ... move up a class. at small indoor meets can have 19t for those who feel 27t is too slow and 27t for the real noobs who can't get round the track with 6 cell. Less wear on motors with 1350g limit - everyones a winner! brushless 5 cell will still shift i reckon!

no its a pain for little jonny with a stick pack but how many little jonnys go buy cheap 38 sticks and kill them inside 6months through lack of maintenance just as their doing ok and don't wana buy more. will encourage them to break them up and get a Ģ15 LRP tray. Someone at the club can always volunteer to build them. I watched a couple of guys last nite who could hardly finish 4 minutes with year old 37 sticks!
__________________
RC12L4
Novak 4.5R / 10.5R
Sanwa/Futaba/Much More
Carpetwars/Sidcup RCC/Maritime Racing/7oaksmcc
Racingbod85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:30 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster
I think what would bring people in would be simple brushless options. It is too expensive to be buying "expensive" stock motors that need replacement after a few races or motors that require comm lathes and brush maintenance.

I'd would get into racing if I knew I could buy a motor and not have to fiddle with it. I'd rather spend my time on the rest of the car setup and learning to go faster.
You would love it - until someone turned up with a pack of batteries giving more voltage. Then you will be on the battery bandwagon, as the highest voltage cells only last about 10 runs before the voltage declines!!

Every silver lining has a cloud. The silver lining is you don't burn up motors, and you don't have to maintain them. The cloud is it becomes a battery war, where a good voltage is the difference between winning - and not!

I like brushed because I can tune my way to a better motor, and that ovecomes the cells issue. I won't be surprised if people are going back to brushed motors for 19T and 27T, or giving up Stock altogether, because they now cannot afford to keep up on batteries.

Going to 5-cell brushed is a great idea, and I hope more drivers try it. Once you have sorted the gearing and handling for the lighter cars, the lap times won't be that different.
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice
 
ff01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan van Steeg
forget '5cell 27 turn'. It's to slow.

We have test it already and '5cell 19 turn'(element V2) is a compatible with '6 cell 27 turn'. We need new stock motor's for the old 19 turn speed. Something like a 14 turn. The step form '19 turn 5cell' to 'brushless 3.5 5cell' is to big.
thatīs pure bullshit !
with 5cells, 19t goes almost as fast as mod !
i know, in efra 2007 rules we use 5cells.
and in sweden we drive under thoose rules.
i drive 19t and 27t, both are faster than before.

thatīs fact.
ff01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #26
Tech Adept
 
Sean T Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Uk Feeling
oh they are up in arms about it ,even the slow guys & the fasst guy`s are showing there Distain at the idea of going 5 cell


50-50 weather i should try it ,coz i think even if i did try it 27/5cell/1435g i still thin i`ll have a very hard time persuading UK racers to vote it in

they are happy to stay in there `Rut`
When you say "up in arms about it" you must be talking of a different area than I am , we discussed it and dismissed it as a stupid idea. Not "up in arms" about anything.
When you say "stay in their rut" , I ask what rut? There is no RUT. As I have mentioned on another thread where you are pushing this idea , "If it aint broke It dont need fixing".
again I say I race 27t because I enjoy the element of trying to make my 27t motors go quick , If I want to go quicker without the hassle of messing with motors then I will put a 19t in my car , If I want to go stupid fast then I will put a modified motor in. I dont need anybody to tell me I should be racing in a different class because I'm quicker than average.
My 2 sons are 2 of the quickest stock drivers around at the moment and 1 is only 13 , we race together because we want to race together and dont need any change in format whatsoever.
__________________
Schumacher Racing UK
Team Scream UK
eXpress Motorsports UK
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #27
Tech Adept
 
Sean T Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 172
Default

FF01
can you confirm "5 cell 19t almost as fast as mod"
You must mean mod with 4 cells...
If not I would like to buy that 19t motor off you LMFAO!
__________________
Schumacher Racing UK
Team Scream UK
eXpress Motorsports UK
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #28
Tech Apprentice
 
ff01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean T Guy
FF01
can you confirm "5 cell 19t almost as fast as mod"
You must mean mod with 4 cells...
If not I would like to buy that 19t motor off you LMFAO!
i mean the laptimes, hope you know thatīs is the important part !
and iīdont mean 4cell mod !
ff01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne
You would love it - until someone turned up with a pack of batteries giving more voltage. Then you will be on the battery bandwagon, as the highest voltage cells only last about 10 runs before the voltage declines!!

Every silver lining has a cloud. The silver lining is you don't burn up motors, and you don't have to maintain them. The cloud is it becomes a battery war, where a good voltage is the difference between winning - and not!

I like brushed because I can tune my way to a better motor, and that ovecomes the cells issue. I won't be surprised if people are going back to brushed motors for 19T and 27T, or giving up Stock altogether, because they now cannot afford to keep up on batteries.

Going to 5-cell brushed is a great idea, and I hope more drivers try it. Once you have sorted the gearing and handling for the lighter cars, the lap times won't be that different.
Err it's already a battery war to the highest voltage anyway, and you'll never be able to make up for crap cells by tuning your motor only, unless all the other guys you're racing with have crap motors.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #30
Tech Adept
 
Sean T Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 172
Default

So you (FF01) are telling me that your lap times are close when using a 19t with 5 cells compared to a modified with 6 cells?
And ummmmmmmmm yes I do realise laptimes are an important part on how quick you are going.
If the above is true you must be unbelievably bad with a modified motor.
__________________
Schumacher Racing UK
Team Scream UK
eXpress Motorsports UK
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F/S: Glow plug igniter, gel cell charger, gel cell, camber guage and car stand PD2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 05-21-2007 04:07 PM
FS: Thunder Power 1900mAh 2 Cell and 3 Cell Li-Poly Packs JackinTampa R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 11-03-2006 04:55 AM
Team Hurricane 3300 Batteries 4-cell and 6-cell Takt R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 10-14-2005 07:41 AM
NEW Pro-Match GP3300 Matched Packs 4-Cell & 6-Cell gc2005 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 05-15-2005 09:33 AM
5 cell receiver pack kits for $15! 6 cell 2/A packs starting at $15! torchedlh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 03-25-2003 10:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:26 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net