Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
5 cell in 27t/19t >

5 cell in 27t/19t

5 cell in 27t/19t

Old 03-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
You dont see a 17 year old on a Ducati 999 do you?
no, cause they can't afford it, and would probably wrap it round a tree or a car and waste a good motorcycle, lol.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
no, cause they can't afford it, and would probably wrap it round a tree or a car and waste a good motorcycle, lol.
lol, but if they were in a race series and sponsored most of them could only dream of a riding a 999... I think a team manager would choose someone a bit older for the faster bikes
Old 03-06-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc3team
lol, but if they were in a race series and sponsored most of them could only dream of a riding a 999... I think a team manager would choose someone a bit older for the faster bikes
I do believe Nicky Hayden was racing SuperBikes at like 14 wasn't he? That's not really the point though.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by muahdib4
I do believe Nicky Hayden was racing SuperBikes at like 14 wasn't he? That's not really the point though.
is all I have to say to that,pmpl.

Seriously though, take a good look at where this hobby is going.

Keep the speed for the older racers, they can handle it... rather than getting a moped and taking the baffler out
Old 03-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
We have it in all these classes in Sweden since Jan 1-07. In 19t & 27t, on the drivers request! And it works flawless. No burning, no heat. Less money. Less tire wear. Less wear of the whole car actually. Same laptimes or better. But we have 1350gr.

GREAT pic!!!

So far this is holding true & i'm only 1411g

also as soon as other racers see this 5 cell going round ,they have to look inside to make sure it is 5 cell & not 6

5 cell can`t be compared to 4 cell or using silver can ,either way i wouldn`t do any of those 2 ibe off-raoding if i have to go that slow

5 cell though after using it ,quite impressed
it will make better drivers out there instead of all this take out crash's & take out passing monuvere's
Old 03-06-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

yeah & he's on this weekend coming

@nathan Parker
The Motor draws more amps from less Cells

you have 1 questions to answer ,you know where you was telling us how amp is different between 5 & 6 cell
or are you talking horse shit again ...............
Old 03-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
So far this is holding true & i'm only 1411g

also as soon as other racers see this 5 cell going round ,they have to look inside to make sure it is 5 cell & not 6

5 cell can`t be compared to 4 cell or using silver can ,either way i wouldn`t do any of those 2 ibe off-raoding if i have to go that slow

5 cell though after using it ,quite impressed
it will make better drivers out there instead of all this take out crash's & take out passing monuvere's
What about the guys racing off-road and on-road? They'll need specific packs JUST for their on-road cars right? Do you really think that'll be acceptable? You don't think they might just drop on-road altogether? That's always been my major concern...costing people MORE money. Maybe cars that require 6-cell packs (like Tamiya Mini classes) aren't as big in the UK but that would kill off those classes as well. Meaning fewer racers in the end...I don't see that as good for the hobby.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

If Stock is getting to fast...go to silvercan. Simple. I'm sure people would rather buy a $15 silvercan motor then invest in 3-4 new 5-cell battery packs at $50 a piece or destroy the 6-cell packs they have and wasted money on a few cells. Just my opinion and I race Silvercan Mini all the time. It's fun and more about driving then having the best stuff.

that was one on my next trest sessions
silver can with 6 cell 33`s i have sitting around

i did try 5 cell 1500g
that wa svery to drive
made the motor hot & the car was so sluggish it was nasty

silver can won`t do ,to many drivers have money tied up in 27t & c-cells
but going 5 cell .every one can do as they have the gear allready

also going to li-po with are out of date very old design stocks will still have heat problems & cars going way to fast

UK don`t have backyard bashing ,every race meeting is organised Events run to rules & wot not

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 03-06-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

What about the guys racing off-road and on-road? They'll need specific packs JUST for their on-road cars right? Do you really think that'll be acceptable? You don't think they might just drop on-road altogether? That's always been my major concern...costing people MORE money. Maybe cars that require 6-cell packs (like Tamiya Mini classes) aren't as big in the UK but that would kill off those classes as well. Meaning fewer racers in the end...I don't see that as good for the hobby.
i'm afriad you can't please all but you can please most them

we have 5 cell mod & lot of those guy`s run 1/12th ,so they need 4 cell packs
that little hiccup didn`t stop it going through

tamiya Class is dead .might come alive this year ,but it`s got a lot of catching up to do

guy`s who run off-road & TC`s are very small miniroty same as TC & 1/12th
the mass's run TC 1/10th
we have loads of beginneers coming in ,but they are not staying in the hobby ,there are getting turned off by all the go faster goodies you need to keep going even at club level & diffulculty controlling the speed of the cars on MANY tricky tracks
the power of the battery's c-cell or lipo have outgrown the tracks ,motors,tyre's we have today

off-road stay`s 6 cell
TC go 5 cell
1/12th 4 cell
nitro 1 powerfull Engine
Old 03-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
i'm afriad you can't please all but you can please most them

we have 5 cell mod & lot of those guy`s run 1/12th ,so they need 4 cell packs
that little hiccup didn`t stop it going through

tamiya Class is dead .might come alive this year ,but it`s got a lot of catching up to do

guy`s who run off-road & TC`s are very small miniroty same as TC & 1/12th
the mass's run TC 1/10th
we have loads of beginneers coming in ,but they are not staying in the hobby ,there are getting turned off by all the go faster goodies you need to keep going even at club level & diffulculty controlling the speed of the cars on MANY tricky tracks
the power of the battery's c-cell or lipo have outgrown the tracks ,motors,tyre's we have today

off-road stay`s 6 cell
TC go 5 cell
1/12th 4 cell
nitro 1 powerfull Engine

Yep, that won't be confusing to someone just trying to get into the R/C hobbies.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

why should we have to change the rules on cells to make cars go slower for people so that they can controll them.
why dont they just gear down or put a slower motor in and practice with that untill they are more capable of driveing a farster car.
the only reason that the fast guys are fast is they have spent years practising finding out about motors and setups etc,why make the people that have put the effort in go slower.

i still dont think that the wear rate on the cars is going to be less,once you have geared your car higher to be able to get the speed your motor will get hotter and as your results have shown you were only a few seconds behind,so your tyres are still wearing as much as his
Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

The reason why 1/12th went and were happy to, was that there is a core group of 12th racers and are happy to, it isn't the same as TC, it is like comparing Apples and Cows....

It seems to be, the problem isn't outdoors but indoors, so heck, run johnsons, I would if my club made it so, for small tracks, I will run the fastest they allow on that day, and won't moan about costs, cause I don't burn things out, I run a motor specificaly so that it don't chew brushes. I wouldn't go 5 cell, as I am not pulling cells apart then have to put them back together for the buggy, sod that for a laugh.

Amp draw and cell count. now, lets say a motor can take 80watts of power, it will take that whether it is 5, 6 or 7 cell, the more cells in a car, the less current draw per cell (P=VI if I remember), so less cells mean higher current draw which will, instead of cooking a rebuildable motor, will pop an unrebuildable cell.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skiv
why should we have to change the rules on cells to make cars go slower for people so that they can controll them.
why dont they just gear down or put a slower motor in and practice with that untill they are more capable of driveing a farster car.
the only reason that the fast guys are fast is they have spent years practising finding out about motors and setups etc,why make the people that have put the effort in go slower.

i still dont think that the wear rate on the cars is going to be less,once you have geared your car higher to be able to get the speed your motor will get hotter and as your results have shown you were only a few seconds behind,so your tyres are still wearing as much as his
That's what I've been saying but everyone is convinced that making a Hobby wide change is the way to go. Everybody looks down on the good ol' Silvercan as a slower class for beginners...except Tamiya who have proven year after year that it's a great place for beginners to start. No worries though, the debates will just start over next year when LiPo is legal in many classes and even worse the year after when LiPo is legal in ALL classes.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Another good question for u guys.....

Should 27t/17t continue to be fixed timing?

You might read in other thread, JMRCA just modify their rule on 23T stock motor, to allow standup brush have adjustable timing. I personally see this is 1st step to drive stock class into 4cells, as JMRCA already do 4cells 1350g mod in 2006, where stock still as 6cells 1500g. Keeping 2 different cells count in 1 grp racing (touring) doesn't make sense for real.

Personally, I would like to see 5cells all around in touring, especially at 1350g weight. 5cells 1350g stock/mod isn't slower, in fact, in more corner track, it's faster on laptime bcz the gain on corner speed due to light weight, which I think should fit US carpet racing perfecly, as there are far more corner than outdoor.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ttso
Another good question for u guys.....

Should 27t/17t continue to be fixed timing?

You might read in other thread, JMRCA just modify their rule on 23T stock motor, to allow standup brush have adjustable timing. I personally see this is 1st step to drive stock class into 4cells, as JMRCA already do 4cells 1350g mod in 2006, where stock still as 6cells 1500g. Keeping 2 different cells count in 1 grp racing (touring) doesn't make sense for real.

Personally, I would like to see 5cells all around in touring, especially at 1350g weight. 5cells 1350g stock/mod isn't slower, in fact, in more corner track, it's faster on laptime bcz the gain on corner speed due to light weight, which I think should fit US carpet racing perfecly, as there are far more corner than outdoor.
Like I've said, going to 5-cell only distances TCs farther from other forms of 1/10th scale electric racing which in turn will make people decide on one over the other. People who race off-road 6-cell aren't going to destroy their packs just to race TC and TC on-road racers aren't going to buy specific 6-cell packs just to race off-road. This limits peoples choices and attendence at TC races will continue to get smaller. Not a route that I support.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.