R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2003, 05:38 PM   #16
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

for me after running several cars I like the xxx-s graphite plus.
the sealed drive train is a major plus for parking lot races and is great for the carpet also
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 05:41 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I will second the Xray, I've ran a TC3 for more than a year and it took a long time for the car to start working for me. The first time out with the Xray I was so impressed I stuck the TC3 in the closet and I'll be selling it very soon or turning it into a rally car. The drive tran is so smooth and free on the Xray. Don't get me wrong the TC3 is a capable car, but I'd much rather have the Xray. Plus with the Xray you don't have to buy extra parts to adjust the kickup,toe and such. Plus why be like every other joker and run a AE or Losi...
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:03 PM   #18
Tech Adept

I will add one more to the Xray EVO2. Its has to be the nicest kit I have put together and runs great.
pkranger63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:19 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've owned all the top cars and I don't believe there's a bad car in the bunch. They're all awesome, however, I have to give the overall win to the TC3 because it continues to be competitive at all the major events and local club races, is durable, is the easiest for a newcomer to get into and be competitive cheaply (racer kit kicks but), and it's the easiest car to work on/maintain. Oh...it's also has the most parts support and hopups available.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:38 PM   #20
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

is having the most hopups important? I dont think so. The Xray Evo2 is very competitive right out of the box. The car is BY FAR the toughest touring car on the market. I spent a lot of money on replacement parts for a lost xxx-s last season. The Xray Evo2 only has a few option parts that are suited more to driving style or suspension changes. The new Xray Evo2 (2003 edition) now includes both the pivot ball suspension as well as a composite c-hub suspension. AE and Losi have been around for quite some time Xray has been around for just a few years. Look how far Xray has come in that short of a timeframe.

If you are doing asphalt parking lot style racing I would go with the Xray due to the right out of the box competitive nature coupled with the toughest, best built & designed, touring car available.
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:43 PM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

PSC :: You know the HPI Pro 2 is the toughest!
Old 03-21-2003, 09:47 PM   #22
Tech Regular

LEmme see i like my XXX-s! hehe, soon to get a yokomo and i'll tell you about it after i race it!
NeO-pRo-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 09:48 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Yeah, the new Yok! I have one coming my way.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:49 PM   #24
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Losi XXX-S or FT TC3 hands down. The XRAY is a very good car and just as competitive but most tracks do not stock parts and therefore is a big disadvantage. Personally the Losi has been the best TC i've ever had and i've owned a TC3, Mission, and now the Losi. It drives very smoothly and aggressively and I have yet to have a race day where the car hasn't been very good setup wise.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:14 PM   #25
Tech Adept

1. X-ray evo2

I have and x-ray and the thing is tough as nails and will hold a setting on any hit unless something breaks. The losi (my bro has one) breaks a hub or arm it touches anything. PBS or C-Hub is great. I use pbs on carpet and love then. Stiffer than c-hub and makes the car more predictable. My bros losi-xxx graphite can turn tighter but is sloppier in the turns than the x-ray. My bro is sellin his graphite because it breaks so much. I like the x-ray becuase it drives more "accurate" and "precise" for lack of better words. C-hubs (i'always thought were sloppy"
warlord385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:14 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

most cars perform very well nowadays, so pick a car that looks good . to me the TC3 is kinda ugly. looks like a boat with suspension arms and wheels hanging off of it.

my personal picks that are in production

TA04R
MR-4TC SD
414M2
XXX-S G+

out of production

414X
414 (the second prototype; my personal car right now)
TB Evo II (if you can find it, pick one up; looks better than the Evo III IMO)
TA03RS TRF (this car looked awesome with its aluminum goodies)
HPI Pro 2 (my old ride; extremely durable car and looked great)

a great project car would be the XXX-S G+ with all the trinity matt francis red aluminum stuff on it. if money is not a factor i'd go for that.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 12:00 AM   #27
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by icon
to me the TC3 is kinda ugly. looks like a boat with suspension arms and wheels hanging off of it.
Thank you! Saved me the effort of having to type it. For sure it's an amazing performer but on a purely aesthetical level it just doesn't cut it. It just simply looks ugly... crude shapes and forms.

For sheer beauty I say the XRay... it looks so fast and so graceful.
Iso Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 12:38 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by warlord385
1. X-ray evo2

I have and x-ray and the thing is tough as nails and will hold a setting on any hit unless something breaks.
I agree. I have had a couple of massive stacks (at high speed with my 9 Turn D5 Fitted) with my Xray with no breakage and the set up held true with no need to readjust anything. I use digital calipers to set up everything and the car runs like its on rails with all settings absolutely perfect from right to left. The Xray looks great as well.
With some of the other kits, to have all the adjustability that the Xray has out of the box, you need to buy additional "C" Hubs, Toe in rear Uprights (which are fixed anyway), or other add ons.
The Xray is tops but I do agree that some parts are a little on the expensive side. You can usually get parts at a reasonable price on Ebay though.

Steevo
Steevo is offline   Reply With Quote